Timeline: Skyler Kauffman's Murder - ...

Timeline: Skyler Kauffman's Murder - Regional News - Lehigh Valley Story - WFMZ Allentown

There are 19 comments on the WFMZ story from May 11, 2011, titled Timeline: Skyler Kauffman's Murder - Regional News - Lehigh Valley Story - WFMZ Allentown. In it, WFMZ reports that:

We want to take you back for a closer look at the timeline of events that led to the arrest of James Lee Troutman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

wth

United States

#1 May 12, 2011
what a dumb ------ how could you not know what was going on. something sounds fishy if i heard a girl in my basement screaming im going to check it out any women would this is so crazy. god bless the little girl and parents let this be an eye opener guard your kids these wackos are still on the hunt. This guy should have been locked up three weeks ago when he tried to lock them in his house weeks ago and why were these kids left unattended again who knows its crazyyyyyyyy
JackT

Wilmington, DE

#2 May 12, 2011
We can only hope this guy gets put in the general population and the remainder of his life is similar to what he put that little girl through at the hand of multiple inmates.
mad dad

Norristown, PA

#3 May 12, 2011
This is one of the most heart-wrenching & most tragic events ever. As parents we are forever sworn to protect our children from harm, & when something like this happens, I can't help but hold my kids any closer! Lock that POS up in GP & let the inmates have him!
kayla freese

Lititz, PA

#4 May 12, 2011
skyler was a very nice little girl why would anyone wont to kill her i hope the guy that killed her suffers his hole life in jail why did he do that to her.she was to young she was to nice of a little girl now hether don't have a little girl anymore because of him i hope he die's in jail.

r.i.p
skyler
we will allways miss your faces and your smile you will always be in every ones heart and mind.love you and miss you sklyer
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#5 May 12, 2011
They should tie him up and leave him in a room with the childs parents...Do what you wish to him.
Nailzz

Lewisburg, PA

#7 May 13, 2011
How can the fiancee NOT know?? She should be charged with accessory by negligence. When you hear screams, you don't just Ignore them. You call the cops or go check on it with someone. This fiancee could have SAVED this little girl's life. Then another report, it said when James came home, the fiancee thought he had dried mud on him. How the HELL can you NOT see it was blood? This story really hits home because my husband grew up in the Souderton area, and this is such a tragic story.
All I can say is he better NOT get off by admission of claiming he is crazy or he didn't know what happened because he needs to be a MAN and deal with the consequences of his actions.
My heart goes out to the family and friends of Skyler and I pray this James and his fiancee get what is coming to them.
dontlet her off

Sellersville, PA

#8 May 13, 2011
Nailzz wrote:
How can the fiancee NOT know?? She should be charged with accessory by negligence. When you hear screams, you don't just Ignore them. You call the cops or go check on it with someone. This fiancee could have SAVED this little girl's life. Then another report, it said when James came home, the fiancee thought he had dried mud on him. How the HELL can you NOT see it was blood? This story really hits home because my husband grew up in the Souderton area, and this is such a tragic story.
All I can say is he better NOT get off by admission of claiming he is crazy or he didn't know what happened because he needs to be a MAN and deal with the consequences of his actions.
My heart goes out to the family and friends of Skyler and I pray this James and his fiancee get what is coming to them.
I say the same thing. She could have saved her life !!! I do think she knew what was going on . She just did not want to face the truth.. I say Hang her to .
wired

Allentown, PA

#9 May 13, 2011
This is the same women who let him hang nude pictures in the bathroom. If nothing else she should be shot for being stupid. This is a horrible crime and should be lesson for everyone.
Livin here in Allentown

Emmaus, PA

#10 May 13, 2011
Any rational normal person would have alerted someone or the police when hearing the screams of a child. It's possible that she was afraid of her bf and that he might beat her or worse. Still, the right thing to do would have been to immediately contact the police. Now she will have to live with that for the rest of her life. She may even be faced with charges considering that she did nothing to help a child in distress. A 6' 2" big hulk of worthless crap assaulting this poor little girl is too horrific to even imagine. This lowlife stated that once he got the little girl into the basement, he knew he had to get rid of her - that sounds like someone who knew what they were doing. Even if he had a slight "white out", as he purported, he still knew that what he did was wrong. Fry him.
Common

Darby, PA

#11 May 13, 2011
Why are killers always known by 3 names? That's a big tip-off.
Common

Seattle, WA

#12 May 13, 2011
This is so sad. How can someone just ignore the cries that he or she heard...Why didn't she try to go herself and check it.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#13 May 13, 2011
It's sad the mom ignored this child to the point where it's screams were unheard, I guess that's why they call it criminal negligence. LOL.
60s chic

Emmaus, PA

#14 May 13, 2011
Richard_ wrote:
It's sad the mom ignored this child to the point where it's screams were unheard, I guess that's why they call it criminal negligence. LOL.
There's nothing funny about a child being murdered, no matter how you meant it to be. The only way this mother could have protected her child 24/7 is by locking her inside her apartment all day. You can try to protect your child as well as you can, but kids will sometimes still do the unexpected. Perhaps the mother could have taken more precautions; sadly I'm sure she'll be haunted by that fact for the rest of her life. I'm sure this poor mother is sitting in her apartment right now, sobbing her heart out; blaming herself. You need to have respect for that and have some compassion. She lost her only child. How can someone ever heal from that?

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#15 May 13, 2011
Why is it that when a woman kills her children by neglect, the attempt is made to make me feel guilty for no reason?
Fallon King

Bethesda, MD

#16 May 14, 2011
Execute him and prosecute the fiancee. Investigate why the police did nothing after the earlier incident. Shameful all around.
sublime

Newark, DE

#17 May 15, 2011
I do not blame the mother at all.
First I blame the monster who killed Skyler. then the police for not doing something 3 weeks ago. If a man lures two little girls in his apartment and locks them in wouldnt that be kidnapping???? or at least unlawful confinment???? But they say no crime was committed....its scary when the police say its not a crime for someone to lock your children in their apartment.
Then I would def blame the fiance for not taking action when she heard Skyler screaming and being beaten. Then the asshole comes home covered in blood, tells her its mud and she doesnt question it she just runs off and makes him a nice meal....that is a sad excuse for a woman. And she claims it wasent out of the ordinary to hear kids screaming so she was not alarmed but she was alarmed enough to call her fiance and tell him about it??? I could never listen to a child creaming for 3-4 mins and not at least go check it out or call poilce.
People want to blame the mom but guess what....in my opinion your a bad parent if you keep your child locked in the apartment 24/7. Kids need to be kids and go out and play with friends. I was always out in the neighborhood playing with friends. This mother let her daughter out to play for a half an hour most likely while she was making dinner and I really don't think she is to blame for this.
mad dad

Norristown, PA

#18 May 16, 2011
Richard_ wrote:
Why is it that when a woman kills her children by neglect, the attempt is made to make me feel guilty for no reason?
listen dick, this isn't about your own guilt nor is it about that the mom neglected her child. you can't feasibly watch your child 24/7 no matter how much you try so you can't blame the mom. nobody blamed your mom for not swallowing right?

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#19 May 16, 2011
sublime wrote:
I do not blame the mother at all.
First I blame the monster who killed Skyler. then the police for not doing something 3 weeks ago. If a man lures two little girls in his apartment and locks them in wouldnt that be kidnapping???? or at least unlawful confinment???? But they say no crime was committed....its scary when the police say its not a crime for someone to lock your children in their apartment.
The role of police is to execute the will of governement, not protect individuals.
Ruth

Telford, PA

#20 May 17, 2011
Ugh! Poor Girl rather poor family! that guy deserves LIFE in prison!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Souderton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cold Cuts Merch Jan 23 Nopefactory 2
how do you get a guy to give you oral sex? (Apr '11) Oct '17 Dont know what to... 19
News US Sen. Pat Toomey takes shots at Trump on elec... Sep '17 weaponX 3
News Doctor charged with giving drug prescriptions f... (Oct '10) Aug '17 Nick Maraldo 13
News Farm-to-plate restaurant to set up shop in Quak... (Mar '17) Jul '17 Local 28
why is george weisbrod working at the sellersvi... (May '14) Jul '17 Government Worker 2
News Church may take senior programs (Jul '07) Jun '17 Trey Gowdy 5

Souderton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Souderton Mortgages