Gun threat locks down school ''At fir...

Gun threat locks down school ''At first, nobody knew what it wa...

There are 6 comments on the The Morning Call story from Nov 10, 2007, titled Gun threat locks down school ''At first, nobody knew what it wa.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Students at Palisades High School were forced to huddle in corners and under desks Friday morning after an anonymous caller warned school officials that two students had brought guns to school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Bobbi May

United States

#1 Nov 10, 2007
I would hope that the school gets caller ID, so these idiots who make these prank calls would get caught. I thought there was a way you could get the number by hitting * something (used to know when I was answering the phones at work years ago). Someone could have had an accident rushing to the school or a heart attack. And I'm sure it cost a lot for all the state troopers to be there. Plus the students were upset and they missed classes.

I guess I'm from the old school but we were punished for what we did wrong, now if you discipline a child or even correct them by telling them they're being bad someone will report you. But my parents never had to bail me out and I never had to bail my kids out! Children need rules and parents need to be parents, not buddies. The way some children talk to their parents and teachers shows they have no respect for anyone. It's a shame. You need to teach children good manners and respect for others.
Bucks County Resident

Doylestown, PA

#2 Nov 10, 2007
Press *57 immediately after a phone call and it will trace it. Caller ID is a great idea, but its not fool proof.
I think the parents who rushed to the school to get their children released to them could have put themselves in a potentially dangerous situation had this not been a hoax. As a parent, yes I would be terrified if I would get a text mesg from my child that the school is on lock-down, but I would NOT put myself or his safety at risk by having them single out my kid to pull him from the class room under lock down.
I think the authorities did a remarkable job in this sitation. Thank goodness it was a hoax. My guess probably some kid who wanted to get out of a test and thought the school would close instead of being under lockdown. Hope they catch him/her!
question

Allentown, PA

#3 Nov 12, 2007
How do you trace it if it's made from a pay phone? Anyone can make a call from a pay phone.
gretty_d

Easton, PA

#4 Nov 13, 2007
Bobbi May wrote:
I guess I'm from the old school but we were punished for what we did wrong, now if you discipline a child or even correct them by telling them they're being bad someone will report you. But my parents never had to bail me out and I never had to bail my kids out! Children need rules and parents need to be parents, not buddies. The way some children talk to their parents and teachers shows they have no respect for anyone. It's a shame. You need to teach children good manners and respect for others.
Geez, get off your soap box already. You don't even know hwo did it or why. And right away you aim at everyone else "YOU need to teach your children..."

Nobody asked for an ethics lesson or a parenting course from you.

And the second poster - I think your guess as to who did it stinks. It's stupid. All the kids know it's lockdown, so it would not been one of them, and you'd have to be a real retard to do it to get out of a test! What a dumb comment.
natalie

Compton, CA

#5 Feb 26, 2010
it wasn't a phone call it was an anonymous message left on a girls page saying there was going to be a shoot out the next day. the mother of the girl was worried so she called the school. thats the story, and supposedly they found a gun in the boys locker room.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#6 Feb 27, 2010
natalie wrote:
it wasn't a phone call it was an anonymous message left on a girls page saying there was going to be a shoot out the next day. the mother of the girl was worried so she called the school. thats the story, and supposedly they found a gun in the boys locker room.
They could probably find a lot of pistols in the boy's locker room, did you voluneer to look for them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Souderton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marino's Stepbrother Questions Police Actions a... (Aug '12) Tue Neighborhood Watcher 35
News Fatal Overdose Leads to Drug-Dealer Doc: Cops (Oct '11) Mar '15 sugar 4
News Cops: Fish in shoe provided clue in Pa. man's a... Mar '15 zipperhead 2
Felon in your community Convicted Of Crimes of ... (Mar '10) Feb '15 nuckols 6
Bucks County News Feed/News Alert Feb '15 BadGuy 2
Debate: Drinking Age - Telford, PA (Jan '12) Feb '15 Randy 6
News TV station: 5 dead in shootings near Philadelphia Dec '14 RutgersU 7
More from around the web

Souderton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]