Senior smokers told to quit or move out of Santa Cruz complex

Residents at San Lorenzo Park Apartments have 90 days to quit smoking or face eviction, which has come as a crushing blow to the handful of seniors who picked up the habit as teenagers and can't bear the ... Read more
Chud

Santa Cruz, CA

#2547 Oct 26, 2013
DBSs skank speaks wrote:
SCPD is after her!
No, they're not as long as you keep whining about how SCPD doesn't respond to your finger pointing and complaints about your neighbors driving drunk based on dents in their parked car.

“Pearls before swine”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz, CA.

#2548 Oct 26, 2013
PHIL WRITES: "These people need to live somewhere either in all smoking units or in places that would be built to minimize invasion of smoke from suite to suite..."

BECKY: All of this is soooo unnecessary! Virtually all new construction ARE built in a way that minimizes airflow from one unit into another.

No one really wants to smell another's cooking odors, farts, B.O., incense, or scented candles.

It is impossible to detect anything close to a dangerous level of SHS in one apartment next to another apartment. OSHA has set what the Permitted Environmental Level (PEL) of all polluting gases in the workplace. There is no problem which needs solving. There is no health hazard from 2nd hand smoke in one unit penetrating & harming anyone in another unit. There is no science whatsoever to support this as a real concern.

We DO find a strong correlation between childhood asthma & close proximity to freeways.

“Pearls before swine”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz, CA.

#2549 Oct 26, 2013
PHIL WRITES: " It seems as if smoking in younger people is rising again."

BECKY: Looks like the rate of decline is continuing: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm59...

This data only goes thru 2009.
DBS

Cupertino, CA

#2550 Oct 26, 2013
Hey BJ, did the FBI solve the Drive-by-fruiting yet?
tsk tsk Patty

Santa Cruz, CA

#2551 Oct 26, 2013
Oh Bird wrote:
<quoted text>
Grab another BEER, Shut UP, and get some INSURANCE on your death sedan.
BTW: STOP driving DUI before you KILL someone.
Kinda what you did to your mom, Pat?!
tsk tsk Patty

Santa Cruz, CA

#2552 Oct 27, 2013
Shame on you Patty for projecting onto others what You actually did. There are multitude ways of dealing with your grief and coping with your horrendous guilt. I suggest counseling. Oh, maybe trading your current "emotional support" cats (obviously NOT doing a proper job) for, I dunno, maybe goldfish?!
DBS

Cupertino, CA

#2553 Oct 27, 2013
tsk tsk Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda what you did to your mom, Pat?!
Now what's THAT about?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Phil

Winnipeg, Canada

#2554 Oct 27, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
PHIL WRITES: "These people need to live somewhere either in all smoking units or in places that would be built to minimize invasion of smoke from suite to suite..."
BECKY: All of this is soooo unnecessary! Virtually all new construction ARE built in a way that minimizes airflow from one unit into another.
No one really wants to smell another's cooking odors, farts, B.O., incense, or scented candles.
It is impossible to detect anything close to a dangerous level of SHS in one apartment next to another apartment. OSHA has set what the Permitted Environmental Level (PEL) of all polluting gases in the workplace. There is no problem which needs solving. There is no health hazard from 2nd hand smoke in one unit penetrating & harming anyone in another unit. There is no science whatsoever to support this as a real concern.
We DO find a strong correlation between childhood asthma & close proximity to freeways.
Not sure who "we" re: asthma comments, are. The point condensed was merely not to pretend that smoking is something that "everyone" can quit as easily as some may think. Allow those who do smoke, or those who are committed to relationships with them, to live in buildings where smoking is allowed. Just as there are buildings where no smoking is allowed.If the truth does not satisfy science ( and there are many scientists and even more studies) then you have to come from a different angle.
Personally I see many pollutants that are equal to or more dangerous for the public than second hand smoke.
tsk tsk Patty

Santa Cruz, CA

#2555 Oct 28, 2013
DBS wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what's THAT about?
Well, Patty "fell asleep" behind the wheel. Her mom was in the car.
DBS

Cupertino, CA

#2556 Oct 28, 2013
tsk tsk Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Patty "fell asleep" behind the wheel. Her mom was in the car.
And lemme guess, no Insurance on her ghettocruiser of a car?
tsk tsk Patty

Santa Cruz, CA

#2557 Oct 28, 2013
DBS wrote:
<quoted text>
And lemme guess, no Insurance on her ghettocruiser of a car?
Pretty much all of what she slanders others for not having: No Insurance, Unlicensed, Unregistered, DUI...

What a useless HIPPO-critical TW*T, Phatty is.
Pud

Kingman, AZ

#2558 Oct 29, 2013
tsk tsk Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much all of what she slanders others for not having: No Insurance, Unlicensed, Unregistered, DUI...
What a useless HIPPO-critical TW*T, Phatty is.
No surprise there.
Horse lover

Hayward, CA

#2559 Oct 29, 2013
tsk tsk Patty wrote:
Shame on you Patty for projecting onto others what You actually did. There are multitude ways of dealing with your grief and coping with your horrendous guilt. I suggest counseling. Oh, maybe trading your current "emotional support" cats (obviously NOT doing a proper job) for, I dunno, maybe goldfish?!
or trade for a horse?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#2560 Oct 30, 2013
I would just like to say hello to the control freak douche bags that feel that it is necessary to point guns at everyone who doesn't live by their rules.
Jeff

Arlington, TX

#2561 Oct 31, 2013
Smokers are brain damaged and mentally ill from their tobacco addiction.

Smokers, take your complaints to the CRIMINALS who sold that addictive, defective and lethal tobacco drug to you in the FIRST PLACE!

The rest of us WILL HAVE our smoke-free air, to which we are LEGALLY ENTITLED!

BAN THE ILLEGAL TOBACCO DRUG, NOW AND PROSECUTE THE CRIMINAL TOBACCO PUSHERS, TOO!
Grace

Arlington, TX

#2562 Oct 31, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
I would just like to say hello to the control freak douche bags that feel that it is necessary to point guns at everyone who doesn't live by their rules.
And YOU are a blithering IDIOT! Stick that little lighted toxic waste dump up your behind!

Oh, wait, you can't since your HEAD is there!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#2563 Oct 31, 2013
Grace wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU are a blithering IDIOT! Stick that little lighted toxic waste dump up your behind!
Oh, wait, you can't since your HEAD is there!
Thank you for proving my assumption at your tendency towards violence.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#2564 Oct 31, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Are you euphemistically talking about the control freak douche bags who think that because THEY are addicted to hot, toxic gasses being inhaled into their lungs, everybody else should have to suffer, too?
DBS the Irrelevant

Union City, CA

#2566 Oct 31, 2013
DBS wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what's THAT about?
DBS is irrelevant.

He is a cowardly chicken who cyberstalks people using made up statements he pulls out his ass.

Nothing he has to say is worth anything because he won't come out from behind curtain and let people know his name while he stalks people using their names. If what he was doing wasn't illegal then we could laugh him off as the big, bad bully that he is.

Literally, DBS and all the other names he uses amount to a big pile of crap. Just like SouthPark he has the crap coming out of the wrong hole in his body.

DBS is almost worst then Buzz the Teacher who molests his students.
DBS

San Jose, CA

#2567 Oct 31, 2013
DBS the Irrelevant wrote:
<quoted text>
DBS is irrelevant.
He is a cowardly chicken who cyberstalks people using made up statements he pulls out his ass.
Nothing he has to say is worth anything because he won't come out from behind curtain and let people know his name while he stalks people
But ColbyLOON claims to know about my entire family Tree!!!

But doesn't even know my name.

What a brainfried LOSER!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Soquel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 8 hr crooked nose croo... 422
News Amy Christey withdraws from consideration for S... (Apr '09) 16 hr Jupiter Jones 12
Jim Spring, Failed PhD (Apr '14) 18 hr DBS thrives 41
News Santa Cruz philanthropist questions repeated no... Mon BumperMan 1
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Sun Kevin 4,815
News Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium celebrates 75 years Sat ANON 1
News Advocates proposing green lanes at freeway inte... Feb '15 ECT 3
Soquel Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Soquel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]