Driver runs over woman's arm in Soque...

Driver runs over woman's arm in Soquel, drives away, police say

There are 37 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Nov 15, 2010, titled Driver runs over woman's arm in Soquel, drives away, police say. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Someone driving a white pickup Friday night on Soquel and 7th avenues knocked down a 22-year-old woman and ran over her arm, the California Highway Patrol reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FYI

United States

#29 Nov 16, 2010
IronShaft wrote:
"It is also unclear whether the collision caused any damage to the vehicle." The woman's injuries are really not our concern... back to you guys!
Damage may help identify the vehicle involved.
cruznative

Santa Cruz, CA

#30 Nov 16, 2010
Clint wrote:
To answer your question just recently there was a CHP Officer writing a ticket at that Soquel/ Broadway corner. People aren't always observing that corner such as myself. CHP Officer's do a terrific job and people do need to slow down or allow themselves more time to get to work.
Just where might that "Soquel/Broadway intersection" be?
Lou

Santa Cruz, CA

#31 Nov 16, 2010
7th and Soquel has a stoplight. I could understand a "California stop" on a right hand turn that could be dangerous for a pedestrian who has a light to cross.

But a LEFT hand turn of the truck means that either the truck ran a red or the woman stepped in front of the truck against the light for her.
Jack A concerned citizen

Sacramento, CA

#32 Nov 16, 2010
This newspaper should be embarresed they way they bring you the news and the 1 person was right WHY did they send her to a Hospital in San Jose when there is one 1/4 mile away > My son is a surgeon and he says they do that kinda stuff all the time . This town has a big problem with sending patients over the hill It's almost like they are making money off the deal. This is why we are going broke. Remember you only need 1 person to do a 1 man job you don't need 40 people to walk 3 people around a jetty in in Capitola Talk about a waste of money.
Professor Pat

Los Altos, CA

#33 Nov 16, 2010
I have feeling this incident may inspire a screenplay...this time next year there will be a horror flick entitled "The Arm" appearing at your neighborhood movie theater.
Sere Ball

Santa Cruz, CA

#34 Nov 16, 2010
Unsure of gender or description of driver?

A guess: Male Hispanic, illegally in the country, No insurance, no drivers license.
Here For Now

Vallejo, CA

#36 Nov 16, 2010
Jack A concerned citizen wrote:
This newspaper should be embarresed they way they bring you the news and the 1 person was right WHY did they send her to a Hospital in San Jose when there is one 1/4 mile away > My son is a surgeon and he says they do that kinda stuff all the time . This town has a big problem with sending patients over the hill It's almost like they are making money off the deal. This is why we are going broke. Remember you only need 1 person to do a 1 man job you don't need 40 people to walk 3 people around a jetty in in Capitola Talk about a waste of money.
My guess it was her choice, its her insurance/bill anyways.
If she didnt have insurance it wouldnt of been an option.
Maybe her doctor is over the hill?
Here For Now

Vallejo, CA

#37 Nov 16, 2010
Sere Ball wrote:
Unsure of gender or description of driver?
A guess: Male Hispanic, illegally in the country, No insurance, no drivers license.
Exactly.
The people that would not stop would be someone who would get in trouble even if it was not their fault.

Uninsured
Illegal
No License
Drugs or unregistered weapons in car
DUI

Santa Cruz has a huge percentage of all these possibilities = more hit & runs.

How about more random stops by police, simply to check insurance?
How about a huge fine and impoundment until paid for those caught?
If they cant pay, confiscate the vehicle and auction off.
There are many things that would help re-coop some of the costs these irresponsible people cause.
Caelum Sinclair

Aptos, CA

#38 Nov 16, 2010
Lou wrote:
7th and Soquel has a stoplight. I could understand a "California stop" on a right hand turn that could be dangerous for a pedestrian who has a light to cross.
But a LEFT hand turn of the truck means that either the truck ran a red or the woman stepped in front of the truck against the light for her.
The left turn green and the pedestrian white are simultaneous at that intersection - I know this because I often make that turn in the afternoons and have to wait for Harbor students, so if I had to guess, I'd say the driver was probably at fault, but of course we don't actually know where/how the pedestrian was crossing.
Idle Thoughts

Oakland, CA

#39 Nov 16, 2010
Here For Now wrote:
Let us know when you get to the part about the 4th amendment in your civics class.
Sere Ball

Santa Cruz, CA

#40 Nov 16, 2010
Buy High Sell Low wrote:
<quoted text>
No way, white truck, white driver!
Yeah but it was lowered with spin rims = mexican.

Since: Dec 09

Los Gatos, CA

#41 Nov 16, 2010
IronShaft wrote:
"It is also unclear whether the collision caused any damage to the vehicle." The woman's injuries are really not our concern... back to you guys!
Er, I believe the point was that if there *had* been damage to the vehicle, it would've been mentioned in the story to the effect that the cops were on the lookout for a white pickup with that sort of damage.

Since: Dec 09

Los Gatos, CA

#42 Nov 16, 2010
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
And proof of citizenship?
justsaying

Union City, CA

#44 Nov 17, 2010
Sere Ball wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but it was lowered with spin rims = mexican.
internet racist, On the streets you wont say a thing to a mexican...
KeepTITlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

#45 Nov 17, 2010
nofear wrote:
Maybe we need a "Hit-and-Run--O--Meter " similar to our infamous "Stab-O-Meter".
or an
Illegal-Alien--O--I SEE NOTHIN-I STOP AT NOTHING-FEED ME-HOUSE ME-Buy me a SUV with chrome rims-FKtheTAXPAYINGAMERICANS METER
KeepTITlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

#46 Nov 17, 2010
justsaying wrote:
<quoted text> internet racist, On the streets you wont say a thing to a mexican...
LA MIGRA
LA MIGRA
LA MIGRA
Sere Ball

Santa Cruz, CA

#48 Nov 17, 2010
justsaying wrote:
<quoted text> internet racist, On the streets you wont say a thing to a mexican...
Thats absolutely not true. Why just yesterday I offered a Mexican a stack of phone books to sit on so he could see over the steering wheel of his car hoping to avoid another one of these unfortunate accidents.

But all he said was something like.... no habla english.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Soquel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fail again John 1 hr Donny B 17
Please update the ColbyLOON website (Sep '15) 6 hr Woof 43
Why did fat chicks with colostomy bags steal th... 13 hr More Info 18
Vote For Donald Trump Thu Just Sayin 11
Will Apache Eddie hit Samar with a Colostomy Bag Thu More Info 14
Meditation with Tibetan bowls and Reiki. Apr 27 nadejda _reiki 1
News Suspected Hells Angels member arrested for ster... (Sep '10) Apr 26 Gene Pool 121
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Soquel Mortgages