Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,977

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Marriage Equality for ALL

Saint Paul, MN

#198168 Jun 26, 2013
The definition of marriage is plastic. Just like heterosexual marriage is no better or worse than homosexual marriage, marriage between two consenting adults is not inherently more or less “correct” than marriage among three (or four, or six) consenting adults. Though polygamists are a minority—a tiny minority, in fact—freedom has no value unless it extends to even the smallest and most marginalized groups among us. So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/double...
Truth 1

Norwalk, CA

#198169 Jun 26, 2013
Now they can be misrable like straight people who pretend to love each other. Please someone make me laugh my husband is being a bitch today

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#198170 Jun 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. Does anyone know where the channel button is for this squawker?
It's not where you like it.
Truth 1

Norwalk, CA

#198171 Jun 26, 2013
Hi frank everyone is black momma

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#198172 Jun 26, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
go file the paperwork, go file the suits, pay the fees, pay the attornies.
it'll be interesting to watch.
is that what you did for ssm?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#198173 Jun 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never expressed my thoughts or opinions of polygamists or polygamy at any time. Not once. Why do you ASSume you are privy to some emotional status I have concerning either?
No need to answer, the question was rhetorical. Your need to be a jack*ss is already fully documented through your posts.
Oh, is Frankie now ONLY supporting polygamy?

Not sure if you are aware, but he spent quite a bit of time also trying to gather support for incestuous marriages.

His goals have always been as transparent as glass. He wanted to frighten others about the "slippery slope" of legalizing same-sex marriage. So he has pretended to support same-sex marriage as long as polygamy and incestuous marriage is supported as well.

He did this (and continues to do so) despite the fact that people no longer find him credible.

He's been able to get a few others to play along with him.

But they're all so obviously against same-sex marriage.

If anyone is interested, I'll buy the hats and the cake for their little pity party, which I'm sure they're planning right now.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198174 Jun 26, 2013
Marriage Equality for ALL wrote:
Hang in there Frankie. Someday the masses will come to recognize your innate orientation and enact anti-discrimination laws to protect you and your family. I'm flabbergasted as to why these so-called "progressives," fail to recognize that their cause and your cause are one of the same, ideologically and ethically speaking.
Here's an article that may provide you some consolation:
There are three TV shows now casting polygamy in a favorable or at least not so bigoted light. This alone is evidence of polygamy coming out of the shadows, thanks in large part to our gay citizens' fight for same sex marriage.

Their struggle is helping to normalize polygamy too. But it it seems to them it's an unpleasant byproduct and obviously not altruism!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#198175 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just marriage hon.
No it isn't. Polygamy is not marriage hon, it's marriages. There's a difference. But don't let facts get in the way of your bleating.

Polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy.

Rizzo wanna cracker?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198176 Jun 26, 2013
Marriage Equality for ALL wrote:
The definition of marriage is plastic. Just like heterosexual marriage is no better or worse than homosexual marriage, marriage between two consenting adults is not inherently more or less “correct” than marriage among three (or four, or six) consenting adults. Though polygamists are a minority—a tiny minority, in fact—freedom has no value unless it extends to even the smallest and most marginalized groups among us. So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet.
Yes. If polygamy were allowed, it would still be so uncommon these bigots would probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198177 Jun 26, 2013
Truth 1 wrote:
Now they can be misrable like straight people who pretend to love each other. Please someone make me laugh my husband is being a bitch today
Divorce lawyers are definitely licking their chops today!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198178 Jun 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. Polygamy is not marriage hon, it's marriages. There's a difference. But don't let facts get in the way of your bleating.
Polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy.
Rizzo wanna cracker?
Relax spice boy. Don't stroke out. Polygamy is still illegal.

P.S. You are making a fool out of yourself. Have some dignity.

Or not! It's fun when you act like an angry moron.
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#198179 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be posting in the pee or poop forum or some such. I am posting in the Union City, CA forum. This is NOT the gay lesbian chat room power ranger. It is a discussion forum, open to everyone. You know EQUAL RIGHTS.
Then you voice will never be heard
Your audience is imaginary
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198180 Jun 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rizzo wanna cracker?
Weren't you just saying I am incapable of angering you?

Don't bother lying and saying you are not angry after this little display, fool.

“YOU KIDS GET OFF OF MY LAWN !”

Since: May 09

San Francisco

#198181 Jun 26, 2013
RiccardoFire....

You're a bit clueless but we'll see what happens, as I am neither for nor against plural marriage.
Cast in crete

Monrovia, CA

#198182 Jun 26, 2013
It's cast in concrete NOW.

So the Glendora, California city council can bark at the moon and roll in the elephant dung!

Gene Murbito, Judy Nelson, Joseph Santoro, Karen Davis and Douglas Tesitor.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198183 Jun 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, is Frankie now ONLY supporting polygamy?
Not sure if you are aware, but he spent quite a bit of time also trying to gather support for incestuous marriages.
His goals have always been as transparent as glass. He wanted to frighten others about the "slippery slope" of legalizing same-sex marriage. So he has pretended to support same-sex marriage as long as polygamy and incestuous marriage is supported as well.
He did this (and continues to do so) despite the fact that people no longer find him credible.
He's been able to get a few others to play along with him.
But they're all so obviously against same-sex marriage.
If anyone is interested, I'll buy the hats and the cake for their little pity party, which I'm sure they're planning right now.
Yes. I also support incest marriage. If you want to debate me on this, you will lose. But not to worry, you just want to ridicule me, not have a discussion of marriage equality.

Incest marriage should be allowed. Tell me why it should not, don't ridicule good people who may want to marry a sibling for whatever reason. You hate it when people ridicule gay marriage. Think about it. Stop being a hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198184 Jun 26, 2013
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you voice will never be heard
Your audience is imaginary
That's what bigots like you said about SSM. Remember?

“YOU KIDS GET OFF OF MY LAWN !”

Since: May 09

San Francisco

#198185 Jun 26, 2013
The same for Bakersfield and Kern county. They even closed their county clerk's office and wouldn't issue marriage licenses it ANYONE, even straights, during the brief time that SSM was legal in CA the first time. Now they HAVE to issue them for SSM marriage.

Suck it! Kern county!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#198186 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax spice boy. Don't stroke out. Polygamy is still illegal.
Have I mentioned whether polygamy offends me? Have I mentioned what my feelings are on the issue? Nope, I sure haven't. Any reason you feel the need to ASSume that you know what I feel about it or what my reaction to it is? Nope, there sure isn't. But please, don't let that stop you from continuing to pretend you're a know-it-all jackass!!!
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. You are making a fool out of yourself.
Really, and yet between the two of us, I seem to be the only one that understands that marriages is not the same as a marriage.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Have some dignity.
You mean the kind of dignity where one hangs out in a Topix thread and hijacks the subject matter in order to be a jackass? That kind of dignity dear?

You know as much about dignity as my cat knows about astrophysics.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198187 Jun 26, 2013
MikeNSF wrote:
The same for Bakersfield and Kern county. They even closed their county clerk's office and wouldn't issue marriage licenses it ANYONE, even straights, during the brief time that SSM was legal in CA the first time. Now they HAVE to issue them for SSM marriage.
Suck it! Kern county!
Don't be a sore winner. Have some class and grace. It's a day for celebration. Stop hating.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Soquel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's leave some more bait for the 3AM LOON (Mar '14) 20 min bump 57
Archive for Jim Spring posts (Dec '13) 3 hr TBSCFJS 785
Does DBS believe his own LIES? (May '13) 3 hr Lying TBSC Loon DBS 32
tbscfjs 3 hr Donny B 1
Is DBS a PRINCE or a PAUPER??? 3 hr Donny B 24
SV Teacher "Buzz" still stalking topix users (Jan '14) 3 hr Analicia C 543
Sockpuppets and Jim Spring 3 hr TBSC Loons 7
•••
•••
•••