FREE meal for Colby

Posted in the Soquel Forum

JSCO

San Francisco, CA

#1 Dec 25, 2013
In front of the Post Office at 2 PM today. Don't be late 'cause if BJ or Phatty on her mobility scooter beat you there, the pickin's will be slim!

It's provided by Food Not Bombs so leave your 'going postal' backpack at your campsite.
WSNB

San Jose, CA

#4 Dec 25, 2013
JSCO wrote:
In front of the Post Office at 2 PM today. Don't be late 'cause if BJ or Phatty on her mobility scooter beat you there, the pickin's will be slim!
It's provided by Food Not Bombs so leave your 'going postal' backpack at your campsite.
He knows:

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_24790412/...
JSCO

San Francisco, CA

#5 Dec 25, 2013
We didn't think he could afford a paper and that by the time he scavenged a Sentinel the meal would be over.
NSA

Satellite Provider

#6 Dec 25, 2013
If the police are watching -- count him out.
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2013/12/23/1...
chirp

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 Dec 25, 2013
You know you're hard up to be a homeless activist when you claim that you're baking cookies and that you care. It's the people that don't look for recognition that are the real saints.
mooch

San Jose, CA

#8 Dec 25, 2013
chirp wrote:
You know you're hard up to be a homeless activist when you claim that you're baking cookies and that you care. It's the people that don't look for recognition that are the real saints.
Especially when you ask for the ingredients to be provided by others!
I'm sure Phatty would only keep 1/2 the cookies as the cook's share.
The Truth Hurts

Aptos, CA

#9 Dec 25, 2013
It's Pat Colby!

I'd be afraid to eat anything this person made. Who knows where those unwashed hands have been.

https://www.indybay.org/uploads/2013/12/25/fo...
ANON

Danville, CA

#10 Dec 27, 2013
FREE meal for Colby?

FREE sofa for DBS

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/zip/426127165...
Grow Up Everyone

El Macero, CA

#11 Dec 27, 2013
I have read many of the posts on this forum and they are truly sad. I expect more from adults. I would be embarrassed for my children to talk like this much less grown adults.

You might not like the Colby's and the Colby's might not like you but I am sure there are personal things in everyone's life that explain people's circumstances.

Making fun of people's physical appearance or other personal idiosyncrasies is a sad reflection of yourselves more than the people you put down.

You might disagree with their opinions, tactics and other activities, but they are human beings just like all of us.

The name calling for legally disabled people is atrocious.
i am by defintion obese

Santa Cruz, CA

#12 Dec 27, 2013
Grow Up Everyone wrote:
I have read many of the posts on this forum and they are truly sad. I expect more from adults. I would be embarrassed for my children to talk like this much less grown adults.
You might not like the Colby's and the Colby's might not like you but I am sure there are personal things in everyone's life that explain people's circumstances.
Making fun of people's physical appearance or other personal idiosyncrasies is a sad reflection of yourselves more than the people you put down.
You might disagree with their opinions, tactics and other activities, but they are human beings just like all of us.
The name calling for legally disabled people is atrocious.
i agree
WSNB

Danville, CA

#13 Dec 28, 2013
Grow Up Everyone wrote:
I have read many of the posts on this forum and they are truly sad. I expect more from adults. I would be embarrassed for my children to talk like this much less grown adults.
You might not like the Colby's and the Colby's might not like you but I am sure there are personal things in everyone's life that explain people's circumstances.
Making fun of people's physical appearance or other personal idiosyncrasies is a sad reflection of yourselves more than the people you put down.
You might disagree with their opinions, tactics and other activities, but they are human beings just like all of us.
The name calling for legally disabled people is atrocious.
The only problem I see is that real first and last names have been dragged into it. Flame wars are lots of fun when they are just between anonymous pseudonyms, but when the same people are being attacked over and over for no real reason and names and addresses are published it then goes a bit too far.

“Facile Largire de Alieno”

Since: Sep 12

Scotts Valley

#14 Dec 28, 2013
ANON wrote:
FREE meal for Colby?
FREE sofa for DBS
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/zip/426127165...
Did you get your normal 'shit sandwich' that you've made of your life, John?
chirp

Santa Cruz, CA

#15 Dec 28, 2013
WSNB wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem I see is that real first and last names have been dragged into it. Flame wars are lots of fun when they are just between anonymous pseudonyms, but when the same people are being attacked over and over for no real reason and names and addresses are published it then goes a bit too far.
That's very true. When someone constantly drags their personal dirty laundry into a topic they're going to get flamed. It just so happens that the people that spammed about their personal problems on Topix were easily identified. Then, whomever they are continue the flame war by defending the originals.

“Facile Largire de Alieno”

Since: Sep 12

Scotts Valley

#16 Dec 30, 2013
The Truth Hurts wrote:
It's Pat Colby!
I'd be afraid to eat anything this person made. Who knows where those unwashed hands have been.
https://www.indybay.org/uploads/2013/12/25/fo...
When John went down to scarf up a free meal, the Food Not Bombs volunteers changed the sign to read Food Not Bums and sent him packing! He was later spotted skulking out behind the SC Diner dumpster. John did not have a Merry Christmas.:(
Buzz

United States

#17 Jan 19, 2014
How about a guy the best dumpsters Santa Cruz, John?
Buzz

Oakland, CA

#18 Jan 19, 2014
That's 'guide' not 'guy'. My bad...
DBS

San Jose, CA

#19 Jan 20, 2014
What's the worst part about watching ColbyLOON eating vegetables at his "free" meal?

Watching him try to get them back into their Wheelchairs!!
CuriousIndeed

United States

#20 Jan 21, 2014
Note, FNB was serving vegan food. Isn't that cruel and unusual punishment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Soquel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investors to build condos on empty lot in downt... 3 hr remembering 4
Take Back Santa Cruz keeps pressure on discarde... 13 hr anon329 5
About that troll Robin Jansen 17 hr Arkham Asylum 22
corruption in Capitola 18 hr DBS 4
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 19 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
SV Teacher "Buzz" still stalking topix users (Jan '14) 21 hr DBS 565
Is DBS a PRINCE or a PAUPER??? 21 hr No Dung Please 43
Soquel Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Soquel Jobs

Soquel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Soquel News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Soquel

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]