Judged:

Dear Mayor and Councilmen-

The #1 problem I am seeing here in our community, is that there are groups of people that believe that they are doing positive things for people, but not acknowledging any negative impacts that they may be contributing to our community. The #2 problem is that there is a lot of disconnection among many of these groups and the public officials. Which to me is making up THE PERFECT STORM for drug use, crime, and homelessness. You all might want to consider the possibilities that this PERFECT STORM is creating more people to becoming homeless, than actually helping them.

I know many of my personal friends that were once hard working people in the community that got mixed up with hard drugs (Meth) and fell into the slippery slope of drug addiction and in a short time became homeless and making very negative impacts to the community with crime and drugs. It is obvious that Santa Cruz has a DRUG PROBLEM.

It is also very well known that Santa Cruz has a HOMELESS PROBLEM. Now if these two problems were in separate cities, the problems would not be feeding off each other.
But that is not the case, These two problems are in the same city in a very small location. What is happening is The Drug Problem is helping  turn this issue into a bigger Homeless Problem. And they are feeding off each other and causing a Crime Problem. These 3 Problems combined are creating THE PERFECT STORM, which is also creating a major  Violence Problem.

THE PERFECT STORM is burning out of control. The fact that our local Needle Exchange is giving out over twice the amount of needles (250K plus needles a year) in our small city of 65K population compared to our neighboring city Santa Clara, population 118K, which their Needle Exchange gives out 100K needles a year. This is obviously a RED FLAG. Is there a limit to how many needles they will give out? Will they keep growing the problem till they are giving out a million needles year? We need boundaries.

Our crime rate is out of control compared to other cities our size, yet another RED FLAG. Our homeless population is growing and transforming into criminals, the amount of drug dens and bike chop shops surrounding the Homeless Center, less than 200 yards in all directions is out of control, yet another RED FLAG. All of our water ways are be attacked by people with their trash, needles , and raw sewage. Our main beach is the #2 dirties beach in the state, with needles all over it. Yet another RED FLAG!

I am blown away Public Officials are not coming up with an aggressive ACTION PLAN to attack these issues. The fact you all plan on running JR. GUARDS on the #2 dirties beach with raw junkie sewage leaching into the middle of the program, with needles all over it, clearly shows the world that you DO NOT CARE. And you all continue to neglect the issues. If this was a swimming pool program, you would shut it down in a second. But you ignore the problem. It is like you are thinking, as long as the public signs their children up for the program, then it is business as usual. And the Parents are thinking, if the problem was that bad the City would never run a Jr Guards program on a toxic beach with needles all over it. Both parties are neglecting this obvious problem. I refuse to sign my children up to get poked by a needle and  a high chance of Staff Infection. I will not get on your DOUBLE DECKER NEGLECT TRAIN ride to hell. CHOOO CHOOO! But I will be right there to support anyone who gets sick or poked with a needles to sue the city for their neglect. Your #1 job is public safety. DO YOUR JOB!!!!

Watch this video and get a clear picture what an environmental disaster this is. http://www.youtube.com/watch...           
This is a crises!!! You need to stop this Wild Fire.