Pocahontas Coal Co. AKA Affinity Mine

Posted in the Sophia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
scuttluebug

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Oct 21, 2010
Has anyone else received a letter. From Pocahontas Coal Company stating Affinity Mine was going to commence underground mine activities beneath Sophia, starting July 2011...
Journey

Beckley, WV

#2 Oct 21, 2010
no..not yet.
billy

United States

#3 Mar 26, 2011
I saw it on news...I wish that these mines were open now. I have only 3 weeks left to get my black hat and got laid off. noone seems to want red hats. frustrating!!
yellow man

Rocky Mount, NC

#4 Mar 26, 2011
go to greenbriar smokeless they are hireing red hats but its low
Brandycwv

Dallas, TX

#5 Mar 31, 2011
billy wrote:
I saw it on news...I wish that these mines were open now. I have only 3 weeks left to get my black hat and got laid off. noone seems to want red hats. frustrating!!
Massey is hiring.. And the mine in birch river is hiring red hats specifically I believe it's Brooks run.. If you have no luck there go to atlas belt if u have belt experience u may get underground work there
green giant

Beckley, WV

#6 Apr 3, 2011
scuttluebug wrote:
Has anyone else received a letter. From Pocahontas Coal Company stating Affinity Mine was going to commence underground mine activities beneath Sophia, starting July 2011...
It was in the paper. In the classified ads area.
Silverad9o

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Apr 3, 2011
i had an interview there not to long ago, & i was told there were going to be under Sophia. i turned the job down and took another one at Long Branch. but it is true.
yuck

Beckley, WV

#8 Apr 4, 2011
hmmm is that bad? My fiance just took a physical there..... cuz he's at rino eastern now and i dont see that place lasting.
Man

United States

#9 Apr 10, 2011
Affinity will be in the coal around july. you people have no idea what your talking about. ukraine aka russia!!! owns this. so keep up ur good rumors that you have no idea what your talking about, your all pathatic.
scuttluebug

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Apr 15, 2011
I do know what I'm talking about... I was sent a letter from this company, "Man" were not pathatic. Did you mean pathetic? Oh you must be from the uk I get it now. If they're not digging under Sophia why did they send out the letters, "Man" that knows everything?
billy

United States

#11 May 12, 2011
i put an application in at burch river through workforce. had to take a test also (appitude) no word yet. it has been a month. also put in at atlas and nothing there either. i hav 1 month left, and have been all over! being a red hat is rough right now! to the UK cat, u dont talk about what u dont know ...MAN!
Red Hat

Beckley, WV

#12 Jul 10, 2011
Can anyone tell me how long or how many hours you need to get a Black Hat?
Yea

United States

#13 Jul 10, 2011
108 shifts
Here ya go

Mount Lookout, WV

#14 Jul 11, 2011
Red Hat wrote:
Can anyone tell me how long or how many hours you need to get a Black Hat?
108 shifts and a minimum of 6 months
Change

Scott Depot, WV

#15 Jul 13, 2011
Thinking about going to affinty and trying to get a job...can anyone tell the pros and cons of that place,what seam they're in,what hours they work,pay and benefits,ect....thanks
billy

United States

#16 Jul 13, 2011
i have 20 more days left to get my black hat and got laid off. i would love to work anywhere to get it! i am so tired of being passed around to get work only to get this close and not have it....
future coal miner

Oak Hill, WV

#17 Jul 22, 2011
they have re opened affinity my dad works there and he has for a few months so quit posting quiestions if they have re opened because they have and they are even about to start a red hat program once they get in the coal right now they are just re claiming a slope and are hiring black hats
future coal miner

Oak Hill, WV

#18 Jul 22, 2011
billy wrote:
i have 20 more days left to get my black hat and got laid off. i would love to work anywhere to get it! i am so tired of being passed around to get work only to get this close and not have it....
go put in at affinity they are about to start hiring red hats once they get in the coal but i will warn you the top isnt that great
RCHUENTE

Buea, Cameroon

#19 Sep 5, 2011
Dear Seller.
Good Day.
We are interested to the Ukraine or Rusia Coal producrs and welcome the below details.

1- FOB and CFR/CIF prices to China assorting with product specifications and INCLUDING OUR COMMISSIONS FEES USD2/MT.

2 - SGS Analysis + Cargo B/L or any PAST TRADING RECORDS

3 - Sample draft purchasing contract for our buyer reference.

Hoping to receie the requested details, we remain.

Sincerely yours.

J.TCHUENTE
CEO
BAINDO
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old Fart

Beckley, WV

#20 Sep 5, 2011
Ok People I dont know about the Black Hat thing but I do know about Affinity..I worked there for 12 yrs back in the 70s and 80s..as for the top and bottom both are very good it is Hott but all the mines around here in the Poca seams are...I have talked to a few young guys who work in the mines now and they seem to have an idea that Affinity is a Slop-Hole...well there could very well be a lot of water due to it being idle for so long but like all mines it will dry out and if you live close think how much you will save in Gas...
Dont know this New Company but when Eastern-Peabody was in there it was a Great place to work..and had a really good Bath house...
So this old Retired Farts Advice if you can get a Job there go For It....And Always Remember to be CAREFUL in any Mines you Work in...the thing in any mines thats the Easiest to BREAK is YOU....Fart

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sophia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 min Stupid site 4,202
Thoughts May 21 Found Out 47
Dog boarding May 20 Jack King 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) May 19 some 1 else in be... 1,770
Wheres JoeyRaines? May 10 Steph 7
Where is Pistol Packer (Jul '16) May 2 John Boothe 5
Independence football (Aug '11) Apr 24 Point please 32

Sophia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sophia Mortgages