Will never pay either

Beckley, WV

#41 Oct 25, 2009
When Taxpayers money payes for something, it is not private property anymore(this came from the gov. office as well as several att.)If u go to there races or other events u have to pay, but not to ride. They even lie to people and tell them thay leased the railroad tracks, to try and stop people from riding threw Burning Rock, THE RAILROAD IS FEDERAL AND DOES NOT LEASE TO ANYONE. Everyone paying to ride on Burning Rock is cutting there own throat and spitting in the face of people from Southern Wv. Burning Rock has done nothing but try to intinate people into buying permits, even going as far as telling people they will tazzer them if caught without it. More and More people are rebelling against it and all for good reason. Woody Duba could care less about you or you having fun riding in our State as long as it puts money in his pocket. Find out what there trying to do to the people of Southern Wv in Charleston. Our area riders developed those trails, not the money hungry people of Burning Rock.
stupidone

Mount Hope, WV

#42 Oct 25, 2009
I couldn't agree with you more. My sons and daughters husbands have rode on most of those trails for years and years and are meeting more and more people from this area that tells them they are not going to pay to ride where they have been ridding all there lives.
Chloe

Beckley, WV

#43 Oct 25, 2009
I don't blame ya Yee haw.....for years and years we were walking those woods, riding, and hunting, now they want to take it from us and make us pay. Well, no matter what they say, people still do it and I don't think it would be wise to stop certain people.Then people from burning rock want to come out through the woods and come by our homes and speed. Well, I think they should be made to pay for coming by our homes to get out. They need to ride the trails, not come from the trails and get on the side rides and come speeding by people's homes.
Chloe

Beckley, WV

#44 Oct 25, 2009
Will never pay..I don't think it would be very wise for them to taser some people, because the people won't put up with it.
Chloe

Beckley, WV

#45 Oct 25, 2009
*side roads
BigDaddy

Oak Hill, WV

#46 Oct 26, 2009
Wla-Mart is getting your tax money too in the form of incentives and tax breaks,but their not giving anything away.Burning Rock is helping to revive a dead coal driven economy and I'm sure that the locals who aren't too ignorant will take advantage of it.
BigDaddy

Oak Hill, WV

#47 Oct 26, 2009
I think the railroad track is an easement or right-of-way that reverts to the landowner when the railroad is decommissioned.
Will never pay either

Beckley, WV

#48 Oct 26, 2009
Sometimes it takes a response like this to find out exactly who the ignorant ones are, revive a dead coal driven economy by taking money from some people who can't afford it and who helped make the trails with money they worked hard to earn, now who can't even take there's kids out now for a simple overnight cookout when they can't afford to take them anywhere else. Maybe your greed runs as deep as Burning Rocks, because its ovious you have NO RESPECT for the area people who made these trails and as for the railroad tracks, call the federal office in Charleston and find out who still owns the right of way to the railroad tracks or maybe the attorney and his associates I work for are wrong as well OR maybe Burning Rock has fed you a line like they do everyone else. Don't disrespect the people of this area until you have walked in there shoes.
BigDaddy

Oak Hill, WV

#49 Oct 26, 2009
I get my info from our elected officials.All the years these people kept the trails up they benefitted with free rent now the land co. decides they want to see a return on their investment and people want to complain about paying .0025 cents per acre to ride.I think some people are just tight.If I owned the land I would want to make money with it.
nice

Beckley, WV

#50 Oct 27, 2009
i have rode the trail several times and like it very well
nothing but a rip off

Mount Hope, WV

#51 Oct 28, 2009
I have spent weeks reading and thinking about the comments left by everyone concerning burning rock and one thing has become very clear to me and thats anyone supporting br or beaver land co. does not have a clue what there trying to do to everyone. For example they have a lobbist at charleston trying to get it passed so you can only ride on leased land, funny thing since they own about all of it, think br rules suck, wait till this happens and there goes all your rights and money. br did not make any of these trails and ruined alot of them by making them dirt roads. I agree with the person who said supporting br is cutting your own throat. I fully support the people of this area and wish them the best of luck getting the trails back that they made and enjoyed freely for so many years. As for me and my family, we will never pay or support them either.
Rancher

Beckley, WV

#52 Oct 28, 2009
I think if you go to Burning Rock to pay to ride these trails then stay off the road I have to drive on. Stay out of my neighborhood with your fourwheelers. They leased all this land, ride it. I would never pay to ride it. I think when you pass a atv on a hard top rode with Burning Rock sticker on their helment, they ought to loose their permit to ride. After all, I thought one of the reasons to set up was for *safety reasons*. Shouldnt a rider from Burning Rock set a example for all ATV riders? Arent they in some Private club that should set better examples?
BigDaddy

Oak Hill, WV

#53 Oct 28, 2009
tight
Jake

United States

#54 Oct 28, 2009
You are allowed to ride the paved road in Sophia. I think Burning rock is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
Chloe

Beckley, WV

#55 Oct 28, 2009
amen rancher.......thata what i think
doggonnit

Greensboro, NC

#56 Oct 28, 2009
Come on,I believe every thing in life should be free.Riding four wheelers, trails,food,water,cars,trucks, gas,houseing,movies,
roads,fishing poles,guns,and most of all sex.
Sorry,but the world we live in today,we have got to pay.Get use to it.For those who built the trails,Thanks,I will contiue to use,and enjoy them.
Will never pay either

Beckley, WV

#57 Oct 28, 2009
and we will continue to RIDE FREE on trails you pay to keep clean for us, so Thank You. Oh, and if you can see if some of your money can't get us some of those pinic tables out in the woods, sometimes we need to rest and since you have no problem with them wasting your taxpaying dollar, maybe with the money your still giving them, you can get us a concession stand put in. So again, Thank You, we will continue to ride and enjoy trails that you pay twice to keep clean and safe for us.
Chloe

Beckley, WV

#58 Oct 28, 2009
:)
doggonnit

Greensboro, NC

#59 Oct 28, 2009
Will never pay either,ever wonder where tax money comes from.
JJJ

United States

#60 Oct 29, 2009
Jake wrote:
You are allowed to ride the paved road in Sophia. I think Burning rock is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
Agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sophia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Keffer 6 hr Saying 3
Asa Harris? 6 hr Just_saying 2
Ashamed to Live in Sophia (Feb '12) Mon grade 12 71
Black Diamond Power Billing Irregularities (May '14) Mon Confusing 18
Issa May 3 Professor2020 1
Derek Hughes May 2 Bobnob 1
thrift store May 1 Willie 3
More from around the web

Sophia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE