What makes people dis-like police off...

What makes people dis-like police officer's?

Posted in the Sophia Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 16, 2012
obviously the drug dealers,wife beaters,drunk drivers and other criminals have a severe dis-like for the police. Why the regular joe's out there?
Regular Joe

Beckley, WV

#2 Sep 16, 2012
I don't dislike police officers. I dislike the bad ones, like I dislike the bad members of every profession, but overall I like cops. They have a hard job, an important one, for which they work long hours and don't bring home a lot of pay. I think the job is critical and admirable.
boo

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Sep 16, 2012
i like the police. they do a very important job.
zach shumate

Beckley, WV

#4 Sep 16, 2012
i dont like any of em all they do is harass and terrorize innocent people thats my saying for them bc what ever happened to serve and protect i went to jail bc my dad got jumped on MY property by 2 boys and i helped my dad out but yet i still go to jail my opinion is that is beat up and everyone i have seen which has been alot dont do there job right i mean you say one wrong thing "sir you are goin to jail" "what did i do" "RESIST RESIST" but thats an opinion and a freedom of speech i have a right to have a mind of my own and 80% of americans DO NOT LIKE COPS

Location hidden

#5 Sep 17, 2012
Regular Joe wrote:
I don't dislike police officers. I dislike the bad ones, like I dislike the bad members of every profession, but overall I like cops. They have a hard job, an important one, for which they work long hours and don't bring home a lot of pay. I think the job is critical and admirable.
Great comment !!!! I agree , it's the bad apple's that stink up the bunch!
lookin

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Sep 17, 2012
everybody dont hate cops what would the worold be with out them can u imagine people are crazy now without them who has a chance hats of to the cops
zach shumate

Beckley, WV

#7 Sep 17, 2012
it would be better bc everybody would be to scared to do anything scared of gettin shot but thats one thing that is not gonna go away no matter how hard you wish and pray

Location hidden

#8 Sep 17, 2012
The US would be in a real serious mess without well trained police officer's on the street. We need to get the state to mandate that all officer's be trained before hitting the streets. These young kids in small towns playing cops and robbers are the reason that many of my police friends, get harrassed by the public; When one of these young kids rip down the public's trust,a REAL police officer has to go back and raise it up again. It takes 5 mins. to tear it down and a year to fix it. This is why training is important!!!!

I seen a Sophia Police officer last week FLYING to a car accident at least 80 MPH past the Mc Donalds!!! Totally unaceptable behavior for a professional;He risked his life and the life of other's going to a vehicle accident. If one truck had slowed down and not pulled into the parking lot when he did, there would have been a fatal accident with that Sophia police officer. This is an example of very poor training and lack of professionalism. The 90 day wonders their hiring are just using Sophia for the chance at the academy and them they move on to other cities.

We need a local police chief and local officer's. I mis Randy White around here, he was a real example of what police officer's should be around here, Iwish him well with the county.

I really wish that Tomi Peck wins the election so she will get the HELL out of Sophia! Please, everyone vote for Tomi Peck for magistrate......Please!

Location hidden

#9 Sep 17, 2012
boo wrote:
i like the police. they do a very important job.
I agree Boo. we need well trained police officer's out there that are appreciated for their hard work and sacrifice for the people. The young kids their hiring in these small towns like Sophia, that run around playing starsky and Hutch, need to go!!!
understand

United States

#10 Sep 17, 2012
50% of cops have a power trip they where picked on growing up,now they want to get even there is only 5 beckley police officers I respect because they earned respect.They don't lie and use their power for personal gain a few months ago Sophia was all to h#ll but it's getting better the cop in the suv is cool my biggest problem is been harassed when all I want to do is ride and I do follow all the laws while riding .
Hmm

Beckley, WV

#11 Sep 17, 2012
When there is a car accident, police are suppose to get there as quickly as possible. Hince the name first responders. The job of a police officer is to get there, secure the scene, and make sure everybody is alright. People also get in fights after wrecks, they start jawing eachother with emotions flying high, then a routine fender bender turns into a fight. One could get even more mad and kill the other who knows?
So professor if your car was turned upside down in the middle of the road, maybe possibly on fire with you trapped inside would you want that Sophia police officer or whoever gets the call taking his time getting there. Nope. Didn't think so. Just keep in mind EOC just hollers a police officer saying there is a 3 car MVA, or 2 car doesn't matter whichever you wanna say and then gives them a location they have no clue what they are about to respond to. So get there quickly as possible.
understand

United States

#12 Sep 17, 2012
Also I know I guy in D.C who got cut off in traffic and wrecked he did jump out and shot the other driver.
Hmm

Beckley, WV

#13 Sep 17, 2012
understand wrote:
Also I know I guy in D.C who got cut off in traffic and wrecked he did jump out and shot the other driver.
That's right, my point excatly. Nothing a police officer does is routine or safe. The unpredictable can and will happen. I can see what the professor is saying, just have to hope that when that police officer is driving that fast he doesn't have tunnel vision and his watching the other traffic around him.
boo

Oak Hill, WV

#14 Sep 18, 2012
most people are a77hole,s and dont whant to follow the rule,s. so they get mad at the people that enforce rules.

Location hidden

#15 Sep 18, 2012
The number one cause of police officer fatalities, is traffic accident's. Driving to a scene at 80Mph in a 45, is not only dangerous, it's STUPID! Killing someone to get to a scene that may or may not have angry victims yelling at each other, is NO excuse for driving like that. The academy doesn't teach that and if they were to get in an accident, the law would be against the officer for speeding and driving without due-reguard! Many many many lawsuits have been won from police, fire and EMS causing accident's and some situations were pushed by the DA for even killing people and they end up doing hard time as a result of thier stupidity and neglect of duty. The ones who are trained properly,understand the risks and have less frequent accident because of their training. Like I said in my earlier post, the starsky and hutch mentality is for hollywood and NOT of rour streets.

Location hidden

#16 Sep 18, 2012
http://policedriving.com/...

You can find hundreds of examples on the net about police officer's that are killed or injured while pursuing criminals, but here is one:

Police Officer Adrian Morris was killed in a vehicle crash while pursuing a vehicle on I-95, near the Powder Mill Road interchange, shortly before 1:00 pm.

Officer Morris and his partner had been investigating a theft when they spotted a car being driven by the suspect and attempted to stop it. The officers pursued the vehicle onto southbound I-95 and chased it a short distance until the vehicle purposefully cut them off, causing the patrol car to leave the roadway and enter a ravine. Officer Morris was ejected from the vehicle.

Both officers were transported to a local hospital where Officer Morris succumbed to his injuries.

The driver of the vehicle they were pursuing continued to flee and remains at large.

Officer Morris had served with the Prince George’s County Police Department for 2-1/2 years and had previously served as an Explorer with the department. He was assigned to the 6th District.

It takes training,common sence and a good leader to have safe police officer's in your area.
Hmm

Beckley, WV

#17 Sep 18, 2012
So you're saying officer Morris was not a good officer because he was chasing someone and wrecked and died? You make no sense and you're dumb. Since you are so smart I'm sure Sophia has some type of ride along program.. So since you know it all go ride along with one of em and show em how it's suppose to be none.. Oh wait, you can't.. Won't leave that computer screen I forgot.. You Know nothing, come live it for once.
Just wondering

Beckley, WV

#18 Sep 18, 2012
Professor, what's your thoughts on the new ford focus's?(:
Marty Huggins

Oak Hill, WV

#19 Sep 19, 2012
Professor isn't going to ride with any of them. He is a coward and would rather set behind a computer screen than do the job.
Bright

Beckley, WV

#20 Sep 19, 2012
They should appoint Officer Boggs Chief in Sophia, everyone I talked to including council members of the town really liked him. You never heard of him harassing people, yet ticketed the people who needed it. But Im sure Professor2020 will have something negitive to say about this officer as well, always downing our officers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sophia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 8 hr Weepy 2,884
woman who walks Wed i love her 1
Independence football (Aug '11) Tue Deacon 31
Indictments Sep 27 hottiecindy 3
butter got me pregnant wtf rodney white (Mar '13) Sep 23 . 22
Dale Farris (Sep '12) Sep 21 Tats 30
Nathan Shrewsbury from cOal city (Sep '13) Sep 21 Hdhdh 2

Sophia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance