United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Does anyone know what happened to the City Fire Department? I use to always drive past there and see alot of people there, now noone???? Wonder if something happened.. ANYONE KNOW???
jazz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

They all quit. If they'd get rid of the chief they would probably come back. He makes Hitler look good.
Horton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

WHO is the chief?
Trixie

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

The Chief is a woman named Pat.
jazz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Pat is the chief of Rhodell. Jeff Pittman is the chief of the city Fire Department.
Horton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Why don't they like him? Wasn't he chief one other time? I thought they liked him then.
jazz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

I heard through the grapevine that members didn't like how he was running the department. He was treating the chief position as a dictatorship. He was not voted into the position by the members, he was appointed by the mayor himself. The new chief decided to make up his own rules to make the men go by instead of rules and regulations that had been used for many years to run the department.
Trixie

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

jazz wrote:
I heard through the grapevine that members didn't like how he was running the department. He was treating the chief position as a dictatorship. He was not voted into the position by the members, he was appointed by the mayor himself. The new chief decided to make up his own rules to make the men go by instead of rules and regulations that had been used for many years to run the department.
Jeff is the Chief at Sophia City. He was the Chief many years ago. The previous chief is just po that he's not in charge anymore. But it's a good thing that Mr. Simon isn't, because he was clueless and ignorant just as the few members that are speaking negatively of the new Chief. Jeff will do a great job as Chief.
Yep

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Jeff is a great guy I have known him my whole life....He will do a great job! Im glad he is back! Keep up the good work Jeff.....
OKAY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

OK IF HES DOING SUCH A GOOD JOB THEN WHY DID ALOT OF POEPLE QUIT AND WHAT IS LEFT THERE YOU DONT SEE DOWN THERE ANYMORE???
The answer

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

Cause some people are not there for the right reasons.....They are there to play fireman! Not committ to being one! It's always been that way at volunteer dept.'s you have the great dedicated people, then the one's who want to wear a badge and blow a siren. The true fireman will work through the situation to be able to see the final goal of keeping the community safe. The others will just leave and trash talk about how bad they had it. Tell me who are the true firefighter's?
jazz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

IMO a lot of great firemen left the city department. Not ones "playing fireman" and "siren blowing, badge flashing". The ones who left put their heart and soul into the department for many years to have a gun ho chief (Mr. Pittman) come in and change everything as its a 3rd world country fire department.
IMO the city's loss of great firemen will be the gain of the surrounding fire departments.
And just because someone "stays" does not mean anything other than either they don't have the sense to no any better, or they are resistant to change and feel this chief will be "replaced" as the last few chiefs the department has had and will have again.
The Answer

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

Judged:

You must be a rookie.... LOL...or a woman!..LOL
KNOWS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

Well I think this pittman guy is an asshole he sure as hell sounds like it and what right does he have to come in and take over. And I dont blame the guys for leaving if they dont like it then its good to leave rather than to be somewhere you dont wanna be. As for being there for the right reasons there (THE RIGHT ANSWER) what does your lazy ass do for your community??? probably nothing....
BLOWS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2009

Judged:

PITTMAN BLOWS!!!!
STAND UP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2009

Judged:

I SAY THEY ALL NEED TO STAND UP AND TAKE BACK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT AND KICK THIS PITTMAN GUYS ASS OUT OF THE DEPT COMPLETELY..... SEEMS TO ME DONE MORE HARM THAN GOOD FOR THE DEPT ANYWAYS
the real source

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2009

Judged:

welp i happen to know everyone on the fire dept. and everyone has changed, people have been ran off
(seasoned firefighters)and yea PITTMAN IS THE NEW HITLER, i wouldnt be suprised if u went back far enough if they where related, he was appointed by the mayor, becuz he kisses his ass way to much and THE MEMBERSHIP NEVER VOTED ON HIM AS CHIEF, THOSE ARE JUST SOME OF THE MANY FACTS, AND WRONG DOING BY JEFF PITTMAN HIMSELF,I HEAR HE TALKS ABOUT "BREAKING UP THESE CLIQUES" FROM WHAT I HEAR THATS BULL SHIT...I CAN TELL EVERYONE IS BREAKING AWAY FROM EACHOTHER. its no longer a brotherhood down there at the sophia city fire dept. like every fire ept should be. jeff pittman is suposidly bringing back all these old guys, and im sry but i dont see a bunch of old guys running into a house fire they are more likely to have to heart attack and die or something along the lines of..they need to bring back all those young guys that new what brother hood was all about and wasnt all about politics!...
Trixie

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2009

Judged:

The Answer wrote:
You must be a rookie.... LOL...or a woman!..LOL
I am a woman and I take offfense to your little comment. I'm very knowledgable about the fire service. And I'm sure the person you were referring to is the typical rookie.
Trixie

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2009

Judged:

Hear say hear say, this sounds like jr high bs to me. In order to be an effective boss sometimes one must be an asshole. Pittman isn't related to the Mayor either. Don't some of you ignorant people think there was reasoning that the Mayor put him in as Chief, duh really.
Pro Fireman 26 yrs

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2009

Judged:

Where do you young punks think the fire dept. started? It was real men before all of your new gear, that fought fires with determination and heart! Now you care more about your toys than you do the true meaning of brotherhood! Young punks running into a fire...LOL more like young punks running off at the mouth...and away from every little comment that hurts there poor little feelings...sheesh..what cry babies!....If you were real men you would realize what you are truly doing here ...showing yourselves as wannabees that cant take the heat! You dont always love the Chief, but you have to love the JOB! GROW UP!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 30
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sophia Discussions

Search the Sophia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 11 min Yes it is me 53,477
Breaking in people's houses 10 hr Larce 13
U settled Tue wasteoftime 8
Deleted divorce Tue Could be 8
Mt Williams trailer park and drugs. (Aug '13) Mon Wondering 11
bingohall in Sophia,wv Jul 20 Correction 8
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul 19 fandango 30
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sophia Jobs

•••