Soperton Chief of Police also Chief at Oak Park

Posted in the Soperton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
twiddle dee

Soperton, GA

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Just read the paper and found out that Soperton Chief of Police is also Chief at Oak Park. Looks like all this was done without any public awareness, and looks like the City Council is afraid to tell him that they don't like it and are afraid of a law suit if they fire him...The Council can tell him that he won't be continued next budget meeting but as of right now the Council will let this continue. If Soperton citizens don't think this is right, they should be at the City Council meeting the 11th of Oct and let them know how you feel. If unable, call your Council member and let her/him know your feeling.
Ben Cartright

Buford, GA

#2 Sep 30, 2010
Whats wrong with city police, at least they patrol. Want your city tax dollars go back to sheriff dept to work I-16? Whos gonna protect the pondarosa?
Watching

Soperton, GA

#3 Sep 30, 2010
twiddle dee wrote:
Just read the paper and found out that Soperton Chief of Police is also Chief at Oak Park. Looks like all this was done without any public awareness, and looks like the City Council is afraid to tell him that they don't like it and are afraid of a law suit if they fire him...The Council can tell him that he won't be continued next budget meeting but as of right now the Council will let this continue. If Soperton citizens don't think this is right, they should be at the City Council meeting the 11th of Oct and let them know how you feel. If unable, call your Council member and let her/him know your feeling.
Well if it is not interfering with his duties in Soperton, and he does have his off time then I don't see where there is a problem.
Reality

Soperton, GA

#4 Oct 1, 2010
A police chief doesn't have "off time." He is the head of that department, and is responsible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for what goes on with it. As long as he has people working a shift, he is on duty as their supervisor.

What would happen if there were emergencies in Soperton and Oak Park at the same time?? What would he respond to?

Many police officers work at two different departments, but it is different when you're the chief.
oh yea

Soperton, GA

#5 Oct 1, 2010
I called the police dept the other day and got the answering machine.. Never had that happen. It said to call 911. Heck I thought I could get to the police but the machine was on! That was odd to me. I ended up calling the sheriff's dept.
Yikes

Soperton, GA

#6 Oct 1, 2010
How does that happen.. he gets hired for our area and works for that area too...???? LOL.. thats just crazy.
Oak Park

Memphis, TN

#7 Oct 1, 2010
Well folks i have heard it all. Police Chief can't have a day off. How many times have you seen the sheriff out of the office making a arest. Why don't yall hire Jack Hollister to be Police Chief.The sheriff was in LA spending tax payers money for something that happened when he was a prison guard. City can't do not right and county can't do no wrong.Wonder how many deputies did he carry. By the way who the hell is Jack Hollister anyway. Seems to alway be in the paper.
Tax Payer

Westland, PA

#8 Oct 1, 2010
Hes one of them reject implants who cant keep their trap shut. He tries to be the sheriffs mouth piece, no matter how dumb it makes him look. Hes baffeled with sheriffs b.s.! His in-laws, the Dennards, have always been stand up citizens. If he knew what a black eye and embarassment he was to them he would shut his pie hole. Heard Blake apoligize several times about him. May be if he helps sheriff get extra revenue. He can also be a california kid! With one way tixs
DR NO

Soperton, GA

#9 Oct 2, 2010
How ridiculous all the insane comments are! Where do you people come up with this stuff? Better yet, what are y'all drinkin' when you post on here?
Challenge: Go one week starting tomorrow with NO negative comments about Soperton/Treutlen County, their elected officials or citizens.
Bet if you try you can do it! And everyone will feel better. Build up--don't tear down!
Rocky Stone

Soperton, GA

#10 Oct 3, 2010
Didn't Jerry Habersham get fired as chief because he had that lawn business on the side? At least he was in the county when he was doing that.
wheedoggie nation

Pinetops, NC

#11 Oct 19, 2010
You all should be more concerned about that idiot football coach than a great law officer! Rocky, you need to hurry up and get you a "Lawinski"!! You are in very dire need of one
Rocky Stone

Soperton, GA

#12 Oct 23, 2010
Apparently you need it...you can't seem to get off the subject of sex.
wheedoggie nation

Pinetops, NC

#13 Nov 1, 2010
no it's Ingles who screwed the Soperton football program and idiots like you trying to sweep it under the rug. Take care of your own backyared and not worry about a police chief working to pay his bills. At least the chief is willing to work and bot cry to Principal Avery to keep WheeDoggieNation off the field in Soperton. What a wussy!!!
BooBoo

Atlanta, GA

#14 Nov 2, 2010
wheedoggie nation wrote:
no it's Ingles who screwed the Soperton football program and idiots like you trying to sweep it under the rug. Take care of your own backyared and not worry about a police chief working to pay his bills. At least the chief is willing to work and bot cry to Principal Avery to keep WheeDoggieNation off the field in Soperton. What a wussy!!!
Dude,
I've seen you on here till I'm just about to puke with all your spineless comments about Treutlen this and Treutlen that. Get a life man. I bet you are so filled with negative crap that you can't even sleep at night. Do us all a favor, get off this board and go bother someone else. QUIT TALKING ABOUT OLD NEWS. GIVE IT A REST!!!!!!!!!!
JUST SAYING

United States

#15 Nov 19, 2010
i DON'T THINK THAT ITS RIGHT. AND THEY ARE ALSO WORKING I-16 IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT YOU JUST GO THAT WAY SPEEDING AND SEE WHAT YOU GET!!!!
JUST SAYING

United States

#16 Nov 19, 2010
Ben Cartright wrote:
Whats wrong with city police, at least they patrol. Want your city tax dollars go back to sheriff dept to work I-16? Whos gonna protect the pondarosa?
They sar also working I-16 so whats the deal with that.
henry

Plant City, FL

#17 Nov 19, 2010
Wheedoggie nation..........You must really have some issues with Ingle. U must want him. Or did he Do some of your married women?
wheedoggie nation

Pinetops, NC

#18 Nov 30, 2010
BooBoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude,
I've seen you on here till I'm just about to puke with all your spineless comments about Treutlen this and Treutlen that. Get a life man. I bet you are so filled with negative crap that you can't even sleep at night. Do us all a favor, get off this board and go bother someone else. QUIT TALKING ABOUT OLD NEWS. GIVE IT A REST!!!!!!!!!!
Dude I got alife. It's flushing crap like you and Ingle to the raw sewage in which you both belong and that makes me sleep very well cleaning crap from our schools. And pay attention!!! He will loose HIS JOB!!!! I will sleep very well knowing he is not misleading kids of Truetlen.
Graham

Savannah, GA

#19 Dec 1, 2010
Ben Cartright wrote:
Patrol what? The girls at the curb store?
keep it real

Swainsboro, GA

#20 Mar 4, 2011
i thinks its wrong for him to be over two cities if soperton have a riot and oak park have a riot what city is he goin to choose to protect he need to be release asap with his bootleeged officer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Soperton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Midstate mother shot dead after bringing childr... (Jan '08) Feb 12 unknow 611
locust grove police and judges are crooked (Jul '06) Jan '15 So Fab 13
Need place to rent Jan '15 Homeless 1
james connell (Jan '11) Jan '15 debbieroundtree 33
Who are the sexiest men in soperton?? (Aug '11) Jan '15 BLONDIE 67
Report: Man Charged With Striking Vehicles Chec... Jan '15 Devilkund 1
The final cut: Longtime barber closes shop (Nov '07) Dec '14 masturbatingboy 3
Soperton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web