Why are there so many people racist against pitbulls?

Posted in the Sonora Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DCA

San Francisco, CA

#1 Sep 15, 2009
My family just got an American pitbull puppy a couple weeks ago. We took him for his first trip to PetSmart to pick up a dog bed, food, toys and food/water dishes. We weren't even there for 5 minutes and one of the female employees came up to us - and told us that we should not be letting our puppy walk on the floor..without having his 2 month shots.

We told her - ok for one - he is 3 months old, and - two- he is all updated on his shots until 6 months..then she proceeded to tell us that she used to work in a veterinary hospital - and pitbulls usually never have all their shots. Well we finally shut her up when we told her we have the paperwork to prove it...which we do.

Oh and it gets better. Some other douchebag in the store shopping asked if he could pet the dog - we told him sure. Then he made the comment that "pitbulls are all cute and nice...until they grow up and chew your arm off".

People are so racist and stereotypical..and it's a shame these poor dogs are being blamed for ignorant, irresponsible people's actions. It's just sad.
TZimmer

AOL

#2 Sep 25, 2009
They are not being racist. My husband and I had a pitbull that we raised from a puppy with lot's of love and care. We are a upperclass white working family. One day the dog decided to go pshyco and try to kill my niece who was sitting on the sofa donig absolutely nothing. The dog's have a bad genetic make up.

“frequently laughing”

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#3 Sep 29, 2009
DCA wrote:
My family just got an American pitbull puppy a couple weeks ago. We took him for his first trip to PetSmart to pick up a dog bed, food, toys and food/water dishes. We weren't even there for 5 minutes and one of the female employees came up to us - and told us that we should not be letting our puppy walk on the floor..without having his 2 month shots.
We told her - ok for one - he is 3 months old, and - two- he is all updated on his shots until 6 months..then she proceeded to tell us that she used to work in a veterinary hospital - and pitbulls usually never have all their shots. Well we finally shut her up when we told her we have the paperwork to prove it...which we do.
Oh and it gets better. Some other douchebag in the store shopping asked if he could pet the dog - we told him sure. Then he made the comment that "pitbulls are all cute and nice...until they grow up and chew your arm off".
People are so racist and stereotypical..and it's a shame these poor dogs are being blamed for ignorant, irresponsible people's actions. It's just sad.
Just wait until you go to the vet and everyone freaks out.
DCA

San Francisco, CA

#4 Sep 30, 2009
TZimmer wrote:
They are not being racist. My husband and I had a pitbull that we raised from a puppy with lot's of love and care. We are a upperclass white working family. One day the dog decided to go pshyco and try to kill my niece who was sitting on the sofa donig absolutely nothing. The dog's have a bad genetic make up.
Contrary to popular belief - pitbulls are NOT naturally agressive towards humans..and they certainly are NOT the only breed that has attacked a human for no reason. Dogs were derived from wolves...we have been selectively breeding them for only 200 years...and there is always a chance that they will attack...no matter what the breed.
DCA

San Francisco, CA

#5 Sep 30, 2009
It is true that pitbulls were bread for hunting...but many dog breeds were meant for that as well..not just pitbulls. It has a lot to do with how they are raised as well. Since dogs have a pack mentality..they need to be shown who their masters are..among many other things.
DCA

San Francisco, CA

#6 Sep 30, 2009
TZimmer wrote:
They are not being racist. My husband and I had a pitbull that we raised from a puppy with lot's of love and care. We are a upperclass white working family. One day the dog decided to go pshyco and try to kill my niece who was sitting on the sofa donig absolutely nothing. The dog's have a bad genetic make up.
If I may ask - is your niece alright? That must have been really scary for her..poor thing :(
lovehate

Modesto, CA

#7 Oct 20, 2009
A pitbull is the only dog that has tried to "KILL" me
I don't hate or have prejudice towards them but this is a fact.
Person

San Ramon, CA

#8 Oct 28, 2009
There is no such thing as bad breeds only bad pet owners. If the dog is well cared for it will be fine. Any breed can attack. I've been bitten by a cocker spaniel and lunged at by a pit bull. I don't blame the dogs I blame the pet owners. I've had 6 dogs and none of them attacked another human or dog EVER. Actually, most of my dogs loved other animals (chickens, birds, rats) its all in how they are brought up.
PUT YOUR WOMAN LEASHED

Stockton, CA

#9 Oct 28, 2009
DEAR DOUCHE BAG ISN'T THE REASON YOU GOT THE DOG IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS BECAUSE THE DOG IS AGGRESSIVE. I WOULD OF BOTH THE DOG AND YOUR WOMAN LEASHED TO THE FENCE. THE REASON U GOT THE DOG WAS CUZ IT TEARS HUMANS UP. PIT BULLS SUCK,SO DO THEIR UNEMPLOYED GANGSTA WANNABE PUTO OWNERS.
Person

San Ramon, CA

#10 Oct 29, 2009
Put your woman leashed needs to go back to school and learn how to play well with others.

Here is what your parents should have taught you.

Don't generalize.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

DCA

Tracy, CA

#11 Mar 18, 2010
PUT YOUR WOMAN LEASHED wrote:
DEAR DOUCHE BAG ISN'T THE REASON YOU GOT THE DOG IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS BECAUSE THE DOG IS AGGRESSIVE. I WOULD OF BOTH THE DOG AND YOUR WOMAN LEASHED TO THE FENCE. THE REASON U GOT THE DOG WAS CUZ IT TEARS HUMANS UP. PIT BULLS SUCK,SO DO THEIR UNEMPLOYED GANGSTA WANNABE PUTO OWNERS.
Contrary to popular/ignorant belief - pit bulls were WORKERS long before they were fighters..they are one of the most protective and loyal breeds out there.

No I didn't get a pit bull so it could harm anybody - I got it because it's a good dog...I did a lot of research on the breed before buying it - and these dogs have been butchered by the media and people who have had bad experiences with the breed.

People are responsible for the behavior of their own dogs - if dogs were trained properly and socialized properly we wouldn't have all these problems.
DCA

Tracy, CA

#12 Mar 18, 2010
lovehate wrote:
A pitbull is the only dog that has tried to "KILL" me
I don't hate or have prejudice towards them but this is a fact.
OK - and if a black person attacked you - would you generalize all black people in this way?

No I think not - at least you shouldn't, so why are you doing it to dogs?
DCA

Tracy, CA

#13 Mar 18, 2010
Oh and also - for your information - the media was asked several times if they - in fact - confirmed the breeds of dogs that they report on - and they don't. Most of the attacks that happen are from MUTS/ MIXED BREEDS! These reporters look at the dog - and what ever the dog "looks like" is what gets printed. Don't believe the hype people.

“frequently laughing”

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#14 Mar 18, 2010
What kind do you have? I love the color of the Blue noses.
DCA

Tracy, CA

#15 Mar 19, 2010
I have a pure bred American
I hate racist

Baltimore, MD

#16 Mar 28, 2010
TZimmer wrote:
They are not being racist. My husband and I had a pitbull that we raised from a puppy with lot's of love and care. We are a upperclass white working family. One day the dog decided to go pshyco and try to kill my niece who was sitting on the sofa donig absolutely nothing. The dog's have a bad genetic make up.
Bad Genetic make up ..really ?

thats like saying black people cant live in a particular apartment co,complex because they commit crimes..you are stupid and racist ..point blank..
Poor dogs got a bad rap

Baltimore, MD

#17 Mar 28, 2010
You know the sad thing is i see more little dogs that are aggressive than any other type of dog..but y0ou will never see anything on the news about a "deadly chihuahua" i am sick of the stereotypes and bans on breeds..it is people that are and have been the people , stop being ignorant and grow up...
DCA

Tracy, CA

#18 May 21, 2010
Poor dogs got a bad rap wrote:
You know the sad thing is i see more little dogs that are aggressive than any other type of dog..but y0ou will never see anything on the news about a "deadly chihuahua" i am sick of the stereotypes and bans on breeds..it is people that are and have been the people , stop being ignorant and grow up...
Thank you! This is my point exactly -the only difference is the little dogs don't typically cause as much damage - obviously this is due to their size. Even the CDC ADMITS THIS - and you don't see them telling you NOT to have pitbulls.
Jamie Prescott

Portland, OR

#19 Jun 2, 2010
You guys are acting so gay!!!! I have a pit bull named Tahoe and he is the nicest thing in the world!! i would die for him! he gets along great with my WHOLE!!!! family!(a 18 month old,2 yr. old, 8 yr old, 11yr old, 14yr. old, 16 yr old, 17 yr old, and a 22 yr. old) Pit bulls aren't the meanest breed!!!It is how you train them! He would only attack someone if they tried to hurt one of us! In my perspective Pit bulls are the NICEST! dogs in the world. so back off!
SonoraMan

Stockton, CA

#20 Jun 6, 2010
First... you should not compair a dogs life to the struggle of black people. It is fricking degrading to them. That is just way wrong.

As for pitbulls. They are a aggressive breed of dogs. Why do people find this hard to understand. They are what they are. It doesnt matter how sweet they are or how great of an owner you are. In their genetic code is the aggressive gene(s). Why does this surprise people? Everyone knows this. Today your dog can be as sweet as a lamb, tomorrow it could be a different story. You can love him, train him, do everything correct as a owner to make the dog happy and healthy. But you can NOT take away his basic DNA or genetic coding.

Pittbulls are not the only agressive bread. There are many... including small dogs. But pittbulls have killed more people in unprovoked attacks than any other bread of dog.

Train him. Love him. But keep an eye on him. As he gets older he may get more aggressive with age. Many breeds of dogs do this, not just pittbulls.

If you do not understand that animals have mood swings just like people then watch the show "when animals attack". There are alot of sweet loving animals in theses shows that would never hurt anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local sports teams for children Apr 16 RBujwid 1
News 911 Briefs Mar '15 donna ott 1
News One Dead, One Injured in Stockton Lost Isle Sta... (Aug '08) Feb '15 kimosaabye 104
Review: Andy's All Subaru Repair Feb '15 metagar 1
News Details Emerge About Sonora Shootout Nov '14 yeahisaidit 1
News Obituaries for September 15, 2014 (Sep '14) Sep '14 stuliber 1
spraying the contaminated water from the jamest... (Jul '14) Jul '14 m_bellinger 1
More from around the web

Sonora People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]