Principal loses job after scandalous ...

Principal loses job after scandalous kissing video surfaces

There are 42 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Apr 26, 2012, titled Principal loses job after scandalous kissing video surfaces. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

QUARTZSITE, Ariz. -- A school principal and his assistant are both out of a job after students caught them passionately kissing on school grounds, during school hours.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Quartzsite Citizen

Quartzsite, AZ

#1 Apr 27, 2012
How sad, our children need "good" role models and a good education. Many feel that The Principal's resignation should be immediate if he truly knows ethics and what is best for the students with no further discussion. The secretary should be fired immediately, paid any back salary and for vacations, etc., and properly escorted out of the school buildings making sure no material, keys, thumb drives, nor folders leave the buildings with her. This should be witnessed by the balance of the board members and a security officer. The teachers could take over the education until the flow and legality of this academy is taken care of and remedied. These are Quartzsite's future businesspeople, townspeople and leaders, we need to make sure they get the right education, a real education and better role models.
Winslow

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Apr 27, 2012
When I get un-elected, I could be da principal. Yeah!
brad white

United States

#3 Apr 27, 2012
wow,two consenting adults shared a kiss behind closed doors.they should be tarred and feathered and then ran out of town.What really amazes me is the uproar caused by this Really.yet I guess it is ok for the kids to spy on them under the door.all you parents in town had better start watching what you do.The people I saw complaining seem jealous,I mean who in thier right mind would want to kiss them like that?kinda scary if you think about it eeewww
Mack

United States

#4 Apr 28, 2012
The student Marinda Garber is a Rat! The parents are hypocrites. I wonder what they do around their kids at home. Remember this Miranda some day it will be your turn for someone to catch you doing something
Boogy Man

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2012
Quartzsite Citizen wrote:
How sad, our children need "good" role models and a good education. Many feel that The Principal's resignation should be immediate if he truly knows ethics and what is best for the students with no further discussion. The secretary should be fired immediately, paid any back salary and for vacations, etc., and properly escorted out of the school buildings making sure no material, keys, thumb drives, nor folders leave the buildings with her. This should be witnessed by the balance of the board members and a security officer. The teachers could take over the education until the flow and legality of this academy is taken care of and remedied. These are Quartzsite's future businesspeople, townspeople and leaders, we need to make sure they get the right education, a real education and better role models.
you sound like aself righteous,uptight,hypocrit
Dr Grenan

Layton, UT

#6 Apr 28, 2012
brad white wrote:
wow,two consenting adults shared a kiss behind closed doors.they should be tarred and feathered and then ran out of town.What really amazes me is the uproar caused by this Really.yet I guess it is ok for the kids to spy on them under the door.all you parents in town had better start watching what you do.The people I saw complaining seem jealous,I mean who in thier right mind would want to kiss them like that?kinda scary if you think about it eeewww
Please say that you are NOT serious. As a School Principal there is something called ethics and role modeling that any adult let alone a Principal and married man are supposed to follow! Oh how many jobs do you know of where its ok for a supervisor to make out with an fellow employee other than President Clinton and keep their job! And you chastise a teen for reporting this, why she is the only one showing courage and doing the right thing.Then you make the ridiculous comment about being "jealous". that is infantile and rude. Grow up and I hope that you do not have children because if you are a father how could your write what you did about this disgusting and betraying incident. The school was in trouble and about to close! Now the coffin is almost shut. Try thinking about the students who trusted this man! All VERY sad and pathetic!
Dr Grenan

Layton, UT

#7 Apr 28, 2012
My name is Dr. Jack Grenan and I am offering my help to try to keep this school open and keep their Charter, that per reports, may be rescinded.
I am a former High School Principal of The President Gerald Ford Jobs Corps High School for 300 " throw away " young people ages 16-24 that society had given up on. In 6 months I had that school "fixed" and students heading to college. I also was an Assistant Principal at Grand Haven High School In Michigan for 2,000 students. It is one of the top High schools in Michigan.
I have a PhD, a Masters Degree in Education and a Master's Degree in Psychology with a license. I have 10 years experience in Corporate America including managing a Recreation Program for 17,000 employees and their families. I also have been a successful college basketball coach!
I am a problem solver who is offering to help because I belive that the goal of this school and the trust of the many parents of the children who attend this school desevre a chance to succeed. I am open to visiting this school and see what we can do to assist this community. Here is my email IF anyone on the schoolboard, a parent, teacher or student would like to contact me. Yours in Quality Education, Dr. Jack Grenan
Boogy Man

United States

#8 Apr 28, 2012
Dr Grenan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please say that you are NOT serious. As a School Principal there is something called ethics and role modeling that any adult let alone a Principal and married man are supposed to follow! Oh how many jobs do you know of where its ok for a supervisor to make out with an fellow employee other than President Clinton and keep their job! And you chastise a teen for reporting this, why she is the only one showing courage and doing the right thing.Then you make the ridiculous comment about being "jealous". that is infantile and rude. Grow up and I hope that you do not have children because if you are a father how could your write what you did about this disgusting and betraying incident. The school was in trouble and about to close! Now the coffin is almost shut. Try thinking about the students who trusted this man! All VERY sad and pathetic!
are you saying it is ok for the president but not for a principal.wow.and also there would not have been an incident as you say if the kid had not been spying under closed doors.Is it the childrens job to monitor the adults in your world,just asking.As an educater you were responsible for monitoring the behaviour of your students not vice-versa.they are grown adults that were attracted to each other,it happened behind closed doors.
Quartzsite Citizen

Quartzsite, AZ

#9 Apr 28, 2012
Dr Grenan wrote:
My name is Dr. Jack Grenan and I am offering my help to try to keep this school open and keep their Charter, that per reports, may be rescinded.
I am a former High School Principal of The President Gerald Ford Jobs Corps High School for 300 " throw away " young people ages 16-24 that society had given up on. In 6 months I had that school "fixed" and students heading to college. I also was an Assistant Principal at Grand Haven High School In Michigan for 2,000 students. It is one of the top High schools in Michigan.
I have a PhD, a Masters Degree in Education and a Master's Degree in Psychology with a license. I have 10 years experience in Corporate America including managing a Recreation Program for 17,000 employees and their families. I also have been a successful college basketball coach!
I am a problem solver who is offering to help because I belive that the goal of this school and the trust of the many parents of the children who attend this school desevre a chance to succeed. I am open to visiting this school and see what we can do to assist this community. Here is my email IF anyone on the schoolboard, a parent, teacher or student would like to contact me. Yours in Quality Education, Dr. Jack Grenan
Dr. Grenan, please put your email on this thread, it will go to the proper authorities.
Boogy Man

United States

#10 Apr 28, 2012
Quartzsite Citizen wrote:
How sad, our children need "good" role models and a good education. Many feel that The Principal's resignation should be immediate if he truly knows ethics and what is best for the students with no further discussion. The secretary should be fired immediately, paid any back salary and for vacations, etc., and properly escorted out of the school buildings making sure no material, keys, thumb drives, nor folders leave the buildings with her. This should be witnessed by the balance of the board members and a security officer. The teachers could take over the education until the flow and legality of this academy is taken care of and remedied. These are Quartzsite's future businesspeople, townspeople and leaders, we need to make sure they get the right education, a real education and better role models.
what are you trying to hide?no material,thumb drives,folders?truly someone is wanting to hide something and it sure looks like you are in on it.Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.
Quartzsite Citizen

Quartzsite, AZ

#11 Apr 29, 2012
Boogy Man wrote:
<quoted text>what are you trying to hide?no material,thumb drives,folders?truly someone is wanting to hide something and it sure looks like you are in on it.Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.
Boogy Man, it is standard practice escorting out employees that have been "fired". Making sure that all of the school's material remains with the school is also standard practice and by a disinterested party. Using a thumb drive to extract school information would also be wrong. You would have to know more about this situation and the secretary. People who live here, have been to the meetings, and know these people would know more about it.

Let's go hypothetical, a young lady who is married has an affair for several years with a principal (also married), they both get caught because a student who saw them during school hours has a good relationship with her mother and tells her and shows her this is wrong, then the secretary gets fired and wants to keep certain material (documents, etc) to her "advantage" is also certainly typical. Haven't you seen the news or tv? Making sure nothing leaves the building but the woman and her personal possessions (none of the school's) is right and standard practice.

The trouble with the actual story is that the Principal and secretary have been dismissed but can work together until June 30th. This is a tiny school with under 100 students (grades 7 through 12). Their front office where they both are most of the time outside of his teaching a class is only 10 ft by 25 ft (approximately) with one long counter through the middle and there are often 1 or 2 empty classrooms on either side of this main room. Since she is exposed to every part of the school (grades, documents, minutes of meetings, emails, etc) one should be concerned with retribution or further scandal. Children should be thought of first and their protection.
Quartzsite Mama

Salome, AZ

#12 May 2, 2012
Quartzsite citizen is clearly the editor of the paper that sensationalized the story in the first place, leaking it everywhere she could like foul bile. Whether or not this is a moral issue has no bearing on her yellow journalism. I am not posting my name because I fear publicized information to my determent in her rag she calls a paper. Shanana should get her fingers out of everyone's business, everyone's. Leave, quit, resign. Quartzsite does not need spins put on every piece of information we produce. Both of the people involved in the "encounter" have families, what about them? They range from 4-17. Why keep dragging their family names through the mud? Let the kids of the families, the ones who are truly affected, grieve. And Shanana, leave 14 year old girls who have nothing to do with your sensational story out of it. Mr.O does not deserve your lies on top of your yellow journalistic drive to ruin yet another Quartzsite citizen's life.
suzie

Bagdad, AZ

#13 May 3, 2012
brad white wrote:
wow,two consenting adults shared a kiss behind closed doors.they should be tarred and feathered and then ran out of town.What really amazes me is the uproar caused by this Really.yet I guess it is ok for the kids to spy on them under the door.all you parents in town had better start watching what you do.The people I saw complaining seem jealous,I mean who in thier right mind would want to kiss them like that?kinda scary if you think about it eeewww
What they forgot to mention is that these two are married and not to eachother!
Quartzsite Citizen

Quartzsite, AZ

#14 May 4, 2012
Quartzsite Mama wrote:
Quartzsite citizen is clearly the editor of the paper that sensationalized the story in the first place, leaking it everywhere she could like foul bile. Whether or not this is a moral issue has no bearing on her yellow journalism. I am not posting my name because I fear publicized information to my determent in her rag she calls a paper. Shanana should get her fingers out of everyone's business, everyone's. Leave, quit, resign. Quartzsite does not need spins put on every piece of information we produce. Both of the people involved in the "encounter" have families, what about them? They range from 4-17. Why keep dragging their family names through the mud? Let the kids of the families, the ones who are truly affected, grieve. And Shanana, leave 14 year old girls who have nothing to do with your sensational story out of it. Mr.O does not deserve your lies on top of your yellow journalistic drive to ruin yet another Quartzsite citizen's life.
Sorry, Q-Mama, I'm not the Editor of the Desert Messenger. And, Ms. Golden-Bear did not sensationalize this awful affair at Scholar's, she actually went out of her way to not publish the video as she promised Billie Madewell that she would not publish it. So I do not know where you got your inflammatory information, but you are way off base. It was a certain student and her mother along with several other mothers and students who stood up and said that this was not going to continue at their school! It was that very group who help interviews with TV media reporters. Possibly Rain was there since it is local news, and that is what Rain does, repoort the local news. This is actually starting to sound like Billie herself in reading this attack on Rain again. Q-Mama, you mention the 2 families involved and what about them. Shouldn't these 2 parties , as adults, have thought of that long before this affair started, and then continuing it in public classrooms during school hours with students all over and in the very next room? We all feel terribly sorry for all of their children and how stupid and irresponsible these 2 parents are and were. That is the shame.

As far as Orgeron that you are hinting at, he is the one that disobeyed school rules. Rules are made for a reason, for the protection of children. Since you call yourself Q-Mama, I assume you would think of having protection for your children, right?
Paul Staudt

Kingman, AZ

#15 May 8, 2012
What passes for morality and ethics as related to the local children doesn’t exist when it comes to the children in Quartzsite, Arizona. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth when I stood behind Chief Jeff Gilbert when he stated to the Quartzsite Council Member at a Town Hall meeting that the sexual activity of one of the Quartzsite Police Officers with an underage child was NOT a Criminal Act but a Personnel problem!

Get the “Truth,” get the “Facts”!
http://www.aview.info
Quartzsite Citizen

Quartzsite, AZ

#16 May 8, 2012
Paul Staudt, you are doing enough damage only uploading anti-Quartzsite blogs, etc. You have not ever shown one shred of pro-Quartzsite material, maybe that is why you moved away, and it is certainly why you are using your self-effacing sad and ranting blog.

I can say very specifically here that this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the Chief of Police or anything else to do with Quartzsite politics! These children need help and you personally use this for a stupid political campaign?

Please be appropriate and stick to the subject as it is named at the beginning of this thread. You have just epitomized how inappropriate you and the Anti-Quartzsite Coalition are.
Paul Staudt

Kingman, AZ

#17 May 8, 2012
Quartzsite Citizen,

Since when is the “Truth” an anti-Quartzsite statement? Why are you trying to hid the “Truth” and “Facts” that are in play with in Quartzsite. The “Fact” remains that I have done more to help Quartzsite that you will ever do or could do. I will keep placing the facts before the un-informed, un-educated, and every interested party that cares for what is happening in Quartzsite, Arizona!

You need to admit, You can handle the "TRUTH"!

TRUTH
"During times of universal dissent, telling
the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

Get the “Truth,” get the “Facts”!
http://www.aview.info
Quartzsite Citizen

Quartzsite, AZ

#18 Jun 4, 2012
Paul Staudt wrote:
Quartzsite Citizen,
Since when is the “Truth” an anti-Quartzsite statement? Why are you trying to hid the “Truth” and “Facts” that are in play with in Quartzsite. The “Fact” remains that I have done more to help Quartzsite that you will ever do or could do. I will keep placing the facts before the un-informed, un-educated, and every interested party that cares for what is happening in Quartzsite, Arizona!
You need to admit, You can handle the "TRUTH"!(Of course I can.)
TRUTH
"During times of universal dissent, telling (Universal? Ha, it's only a group of sour-pussed dissidents, who can't have their way of messing up the peace here.)
the truth becomes a revolutionary act." (And, how well did 1984 go? Remember 'newspeak'? That failed as well, but at least we have Big Brother.)
George Orwell
Get the “Truth,” get the “Facts”!
http://www.aview.info
Again, the topic here is "Principal loses job after scandalous kissing video surfaces" and all you can do is talk about yourself and your blog/website. When you speak of another case and from years ago, it is not on-topic here as they say. And why would you put down people as "UN-informed, UN-educated?" I would hope most people are educated and informed whether by book, application or street-smarts. And thank you for saying "you CAN handle the Truth." We all appreciate that, for we can. And that is a choice and an independent decision to what that Truth is, or was.

I prefer reading all papers, all documents, and all opinions, and make my own decision and not be shown nothing but negativity at all times by you and your seniors. You don't even live here. The trouble is: aview means "one view".
Paul Staudt

Mohave Valley, AZ

#19 Jun 8, 2012
Quartzsite Citizen,

Are you aware that the people that read your statements couldn’t defend this one from past statements? Your personal attack are falling on deft ears and isn’t helping you do get people not to come to my Web Site to get the “Truth” and “Facts” about what is really going on in Quartzsite.

It is my job to shine the spot lights on your friends so others and see them for what they truly are. I’m not going away so get use to having the “Truth” & “Facts” presented for people to make up their own minds!

Get the “Truth,” get the “Facts”!
http://www.aview.info
Quartzsite Citizen

Quartzsite, AZ

#20 Jun 8, 2012
I'm sure that I am not deterring anyone from your site. I hope they do go to see and read your so-called documents. All it shows is one side, the theatrical side and if you were to show ALL of the truth, you would show the 2 DPS cases Foster lost on (one with forgery) and the 2 lawsuits he lost and was ordered by the court to pay for all attorney and court costs back to the town, of which he certainly has not paid except for 2 minor weekly payments which do not even scratch the surface of what is still due the town.

I prefer reading all papers, all documents, and all opinions, and make my own decisions and not be shown nothing but negativity at all times by you and your senior leaders. You don't even live here. The trouble is: aview means "one view".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quartzsite raising vendor permits to $150 in 2017 19 hr QuartzsiteRain 4
Quartzsite Music Thread (Aug '14) Jun 30 Musikologist 7
Gangs and crime in Yuma (Jun '09) Jun '16 HeAther Woodruff ... 170
News KSWT: Yuma Cold Case: Amberly Mendoza Murder (May '08) May '16 Jjay 8
Roy Pribble is a thief May '16 Peggy 2
News Youth Advocates Demand Arizona Courts End Indis... May '16 HumanSpirit 3
News Yuma County experiences growth in Spanish-speak... (Jun '11) Oct '14 Big stevie Pollo ... 31

Somerton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerton Mortgages