J&J Trial Expert Quizzed on Calculation of Hip Placement Device

Feb 26, 2013 Full story: The Washington Post

A witness for Johnson & Johnson miscalculated in testifying that a Montana man's metal hip device failed because of the angle at which it was implanted, the man's lawyer said in cross-examination. Avram Edidin testified at a trial about a lawsuit by Loren Kransky that claims J&J defectively designed his ASR hip device and failed to warn of risks.

Full Story
Rhea

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 1, 2013
It seems as though more and more problems are purported to result from the use of all-metal hip devices. I also ran into some postings on the net, like this one http://oregoncapitolnews.com/legal-news/rotte... , and realized that while Johnson and Johnson has been a major player in the medical device industry, the company has been surrounded with too many controversies involving their products. I can only hope that people who may have advanced in their legal course get the compensation they deserve.
Althea

Flushing, NY

#2 Mar 1, 2013
Hip replacement implants have been linked to a growing number of problems as of late and it may make one wonder if these devices are even worth the trouble and money. I just recently read this article at http://postpartisannews.com/legal-news/rotten... about a man who experienced complications from an all-metal hip implant and found it alarming to know that these devices could actually be toxic.
Andrew

Perth Amboy, NJ

#3 Apr 18, 2013
It was a good thing that the testimony of the so-called expert witness did not sway the decision of the jury. Kransky was awarded over $8 million as compensatory damages. Learn more about the case by checking DePuy Settlement Information Center.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Medlife Pharmacy Dec 17 Nancy 1
rheumatologist in central nj? Dec 2 cms1 1
Review: Sweet Asian Girls Dec 1 Richie 2
Review: N & K Trading Inc (Feb '13) Nov '14 Marvin Gruenefeld 123
Missing 5yr old (Sep '12) Nov '14 Some Local Jerk 3
Bound Brook police blotter (Nov '08) Nov '14 jessejr227 10
Suspended Bound Brook police chief's case retur... (May '11) Nov '14 jessejr227 6

Somerset News Video

Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:15 am PST