Town Ordinance Would Ban Dog Barking ...

Town Ordinance Would Ban Dog Barking 24/7

There are 38 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Mar 23, 2010, titled Town Ordinance Would Ban Dog Barking 24/7. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

One municipality is about to put more bite into its dog barking law. Piscataway, N.J., currently bans excessive dog barking from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m., but a new ordinance would allow authorities to enforce the potentially subjective law around the clock.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spuds

AOL

#1 Mar 23, 2010
Go woof yourself.
SICK OF IT

Cleveland, OH

#2 Mar 23, 2010
It is very annoying when people let there dogs bark and bark!

Since: Oct 09

Akron, OH

#3 Mar 23, 2010
Spuds wrote:
Go woof yourself.
Good boy Spuds! Now go to your corner and lay down.
NESTER

Cleveland, OH

#4 Mar 23, 2010
WOOF WOOF MOFO,DON,T THEY HAVE NOTING BETTER TO DO?
Samantha

Tiffin, OH

#5 Mar 23, 2010
But really.. no matter what law they put into affect, dogs are still going to park...
natalie

Cleveland, OH

#6 Mar 23, 2010
that is very annoying when you have to get up early for work and the dogs are out their late barking until 1am. good they will have a restrict on dogs barking late or to early in the morning.
Gotta love it

Chesterland, OH

#7 Mar 23, 2010
Samantha wrote:
But really.. no matter what law they put into affect, dogs are still going to park...
Dogs can drive in NJ? I wonder how their parallel parking is..
Nellie

Dover, OH

#8 Mar 23, 2010
I have 3 dogs and I do want I can to keep them quite even bringing them in.But if someone is out there that still does not stop them.
Angus

Westlake, OH

#9 Mar 23, 2010
Dogs bark that's what they do. Leaving them outside to bark constantly is rude and inconsiderate to all your neighbors. I love animals. It's pet owners I can't stand. Bring your dogs in the house and you listen for hour on end to their barking.
Die Heart Animal Lover

Kent, OH

#10 Mar 23, 2010
i can agree with the 8-8 ban, but all day long?! who is with their dogs 24/7/365 to prevent it. and what measures will they take to stop the dogs? youthanasia? shock collars? something that would not be friendly to the dog i bet!!!!
Wyck

Baltimore, MD

#11 Mar 23, 2010
You said it in a nutshell!
Angus wrote:
Dogs bark that's what they do. Leaving them outside to bark constantly is rude and inconsiderate to all your neighbors. I love animals. It's pet owners I can't stand. Bring your dogs in the house and you listen for hour on end to their barking.

Since: Oct 09

Akron, OH

#12 Mar 23, 2010
NESTER wrote:
WOOF WOOF ****,DON,T THEY HAVE NOTING BETTER TO DO?
Nester get in the corner with Spuds, like a good dog.
Wyck

Baltimore, MD

#14 Mar 23, 2010
Dogs bark. Who is going to determine how long they have to bark before it's considered a nuisance. Some people have zero tolerance. If one of those kind go running to the cops, for one woof -- and there are those who would and do -- who is going to determine if it's an offense. Also, are dogs allowed to bark inside their own house?

There is a frame of time where barking should be prohibited 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. Schedules differ, so what does this mean --- one woof, or what?

I expect my dogs to bark. It's their job. It's been their job since our species and theirs first connected. So for a reasonable amount of barking, I won't punish my dogs. But then it's back to the question of what, in the eyes of the law, is reasonable and what isn't and it doesn't appear that Piscataway, NJ has completely thought this through.

Also, if a town/city already has a noise ordinance on the books, do they really need yet another law?

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13 Mar 23, 2010
Gotta love it wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogs can drive in NJ? I wonder how their parallel parking is..
I was going to ask that very same question.

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#15 Mar 23, 2010
Angus wrote:
I had a neighbor who had a rottweiler. Kept that poor dog in a cage. Never walked him, never did anything with him. Dog barked constantly. Our bedroom window was right next to his cage (on the other side of a fence) A few months ago, the dog started barking at 3am on a Sunday morning. I tried knocking on their door. No one answered. So I called the Sheriff. While he was unhappy that I called him on something he considered trivial, he went next door talked to the women - she was home alone with her kids - the boyfriend wasn't home. She told the sherrif that when it got cold (cold is a relative term here in Houston) and when it got hot (you have never felt this kind of hot) they brought the dog it. That was a bold face lie. Within a few weeks, the dog was gone. I didn't expect them to do that. All we wanted them to do was bring the dog in during the night. My husband works nights so the dog barking during the day was an inconvenience, but it wasn't a big deal. Ordinance? No. Respectful owners? YES!
donna

Cleveland, OH

#16 Mar 23, 2010
How stupid can they get dogs "BARK" maybe there should be no talking or driving loud cars what about the birds????????
Dale

Chicago, IL

#17 Mar 23, 2010
I'll obey it when people shut their crying kids up. How stupid are people getting. I can see if they are barking late at night and people don't do anything about it. But it is not the dogs fault, it is the owners. I have 2 german shepherds and my neighbors have never complained about them.
Tom

Beachwood, OH

#18 Mar 23, 2010
Angus wrote:
Exactly...not the animals fault it's the inconsiderate pet owner. Joisey is the most restricted state i have ever seen in my life anything to bring in revenue
packerchic

Dallas, TX

#19 Mar 23, 2010
dogs communicate by barking... put a muzzle on the idoits trying to pass this see how they like it.
Vet

Chagrin Falls, OH

#20 Mar 23, 2010
I'd rather hear dogs barking than the tacos driving aroud with the radios turned up and a noisy muffler at all times of the night....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Botanica 7 Mares Jun 26 none 1
News New adult day-care center for older Asian India... (Jul '08) Jun 25 mabel 83
does anyone know wesley daniels i need to find him (Mar '10) Jun 14 Blehh 2
News Pimp my pet: Colourful cartoon scenes painted o... Jun 13 BENQQ 1
Review: N & K Trading Inc (Feb '13) Jun 4 thenanforit69 139
Review: Raspa Anthony A Jeweler May '15 Ines1957 1
man eludes edison police may 11 2015 ( taleb ah... May '15 BRIAN AMARAL 1
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages