Zarephath Christian Church

Zarephath Christian Church

Posted in the Somerset Forum

Concerned

High Bridge, NJ

#1 Sep 10, 2013
Zarephath Christian Church may have once been true to the Gospel, but after attending there for many years I;ve left after I learned what happened to my donations for the new church building. I did not learn this well hidden information from the church itself as they have skillfully orchestrated the facade that they are going ahead with building a "multi purpose building" by having a groundbreaking ceremony this past June. After promising the congregation that construction was to begin they hired excavation vehicles to sit on the proposed property near the road for all to see. The church leadership (Pastor Rob Cruver, Associate Pastor Raphael Giglio and Pastor of Operations Al Shjarback) then changed their story after the ground breaking to less than the truth as for why work did not begin: the state was holding up approvals, next month the county was to blame, and most recently, the township is holding the church hostage for some approval they won't give. All the while, the congregation waits, as Rob Cruver tells them how necessary the new building is, that attendance is bursting at the seams. I asked for church attendance numbers. When the church wouldn't give them, I started doing head count. The numbers aren't going up, but rather dropping.Another cause for my concern arose when I asked the church for what is normally made public in a church, pastor salaries, and was refused that information. the past few years I have noticed that when it was time for the church's yearly membership meeting salaries were not published in the annual budget. This made me suspicious. I have done my own investigation using my own resources and contacts as to why the hold up on the construction of the new building. I made contacts in the state, county as well as the township. The story coming out of Rob Cruver's mouth along with Raphael Giglio and Al Shjarback does not match with what I found. There is no "hold up" coming from government side for approvals or permits. So what is the hold up I wondered as I have been a large contributor to the project financially. I asked the church. Once again they would not provide the requested information. I had to dig elsewhere.What I came upon was the accountant for the church resigned and the pastor also recently fired another employee who questioned the church finances and decisions.the accountant resigned due to unethical dealings in the church accounts. The other employee was fired as Pastor Rob said in a public meeting because "She challenged me too much."God bless both of these ex employees of Zarephath because they should be applauded for doing what was right in the eyes of God rather than compromise values for Pastor Rob or anyone else in his employ.I found the bank that was to mortgage part of the building project has now refused to do so. The construction company that has already received a large sum of money from the church is unbonded and now is preparing to declare bankruptcy. The bank should be applauded for stopping the flow of money to Zarephath because the pastors did not safe guard the church (the people) from financial loss by failing to get the bond on the construction company. But that is not all of the story. Where else did all of the hard earned contributions go that people like myself sacrificed to give? What the church leaders refused to provide openly and honestly, an accounting of the funds, they may have thought was safe guarding their little secret. The term "misappropriation of funds" comes to mind when I discovered the truth. The monies have not all gone into the building fund as intended by those who gave. The money has been spent on other pet projects of Pastor Rob, Pastor Raphael, Pastor Al Shjarback, and yes, Pastor Marlene as well. Money that should have been protected by the church was misspent, used otherwise, given to other places even other than Zarephath itself. I worked hard for the large sum of money I invested in the building project.
Concerned

High Bridge, NJ

#2 Sep 12, 2013
I think you would be interested in Only In Bound Brook. There's quite a heated discussion going on there about just this very stuff. Once you get use search to find the blog about Zarephath. Pretty serious stuff.
CJ Chip

Butler, NJ

#3 Sep 18, 2013
Dear Concerned,

If you want to make these kind of allegations, I suggest you offer some proof and use your real name. Otherwise, you are nothing but a gossip column.
Servant of God

Peru, IN

#4 Mar 6, 2014
Study the true history of the Zarephath community and the Pillar of Fire Church from 1901 and 1908, and the church's locations throughout the USA for most of the 20th century. Read the book by the late Gertrude Metlen Wolfram entitled THE WIDOW OF ZAREPHATH, as well as the books written by the founder Alma White entitled THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH, LOOKING BACK FROM BEULAH, and THE STORY OF MY LIFE AND THE PILLAR OF FIRE to discover the origins of the church (east and west), the local community of Zarephath, the various schools publishing ministries, and the three radio stations operated by the PofF Facing the realities of history, the good and the not-so-good, enables one to properly appreciate the PofF as a genuine branch of the Christian church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man was masturbating on Middlesex Greenway, Edi... (Jun '14) 6 hr Hippiegirl732 3
News Family of deceased inmate sues Somerset ... (Oct '08) Tue Stop the ill 14
Debra Demarest Mon bobsvette 1
News Timothy Rogalcheck, 49, Avenel (Jun '07) Jun 21 Anthony Scarpuzzi 4
News Gender-confirming surgery now covered for trans... Jun 4 TerriB1 1
Any Gay/Bi Teens In Central NJ or Anywhere in NJ?? (Aug '14) May '16 bkny54 10
News Victory Bridge jumper survives icy plunge after... (Jan '11) May '16 lazywolf54 10

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages