First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gumby

Somerset, KY

#1 Jan 17, 2011
Has any smokers on here tried the electronic cigarettes? For example this one?

http://www.smokingeverywhere.com/
bigdaddy

Somerset, KY

#2 Jan 18, 2011
no but i have done some research and i foulnd that they could be more dangerous than a reg cig. one puff on an e-cig = 1 pack of cigs. when i smoked it was the act of smoking that i was addicted to not only the nicotine. try welbutrin or the patches to stop smoking............
lawgurl

Frankfort, KY

#3 Jan 18, 2011
I have been smoking the e-cig since New Year's day. I quit regular cigs and the e-cigs have really helped me stay off the regular ones.
Big Daddy, your info is a little wrong. One cartrage=one pack of Cigs. One cartrage will last me 2 to 3 days just depends on how many puffs I take. The brand I got is called Njoy. Each cartrage has aprox 800 puffs in it.
You can also "Step Down". I started with the regular, which is equivalent to Regular cigs. I plan to step down to the light verion Feb 1st. Then to the non-nicotine verson in March.
If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them if I can. Hope this helps...
hey

Louisville, KY

#4 Jan 18, 2011
They r very great it's water vapor no seconhand smoke and no burning houses down looks like the real thing alot healthier for the embodiment the smoke in a cig is what is so unhealthy for u I think it's wonderful but has anyone actually tried to smoke these inside of public place lol it looks like real thing
lawgurl

Frankfort, KY

#5 Jan 18, 2011
You can smoke them inside.....just be warned when someone tells you that you can't smoke, then you have to go through the whole speil about water vapor, non tobacco, bla bla bla... Basically you have to do alot of explaining to people about them.....
bigdaddy

Somerset, KY

#6 Jan 18, 2011
i am only going on what the clerk at the store told me. he said you should only take one puff a day and thats the equivilant to a pack of smokes. and you only get 5 cartridges for 20 bucks. other than that i have no idea but i know you need to consult a dr before you try this if you have a heart or breathing condition.
gumby

Santa Clara, CA

#7 Jan 18, 2011
I never heard of the one puff a day. Do any of the local stores stock them?
bigdaddy

Somerset, KY

#8 Jan 19, 2011
the marathon across from walmart
lawgurl

Frankfort, KY

#9 Jan 19, 2011
I got my starter kit in Louisville for 40 bucks. They have them at the Cig store at the end of Slate Branch too. The refills are 15 bucks and are equivalent to a carton of Cigs. If you are a chain smoker you will go through them faster. If you smoke less they will last you longer. I get about 2 to 3 days per cartridge. Like I said each cartridge can be puffed 800 times.

I still haven't smoked a regular cig since Dec 31, I would tell anyone to give them a shot if they are trying to quit....

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#10 Jan 19, 2011
Do these E cigs 'feel' like a real cigarette? What I mean is are they heavy feeling, or are they close in feel and shape to the real thing? How long can you go between charging and do they come with more than than one "cigarette" in the package in case the charge runs down? I'm assuming that the charger itself isn't an added cost.. Does the mist have an odor and does the mist visually show when you exhale? Do they come in 100's length? Do they have that "crackle" sound that some make and the electronically lighted end?

I'm highly interested in trying them and need to run into town sometime today for a carton of smokes, or in this case perhaps a starter kit.. Great info so far, "lawgurl". And I truly appreciate you starting this thread "Gumby". It appears that these are MUCH cheaper than going the Chantix route.. But I'm afraid if they're too far off from a real cigarette and have a strange feel to them, I may not follow through.. Addictions are strange and the closer to "real" that these may be, the more successful I might be.
lawgurl

Frankfort, KY

#11 Jan 19, 2011
They e-cigs are heavier than a regular one. The one I have is close to the size of a 100's length... There is a bit of a crackle sound, but that seems to go away the longer you smoke the cartridge. The end does light up. The mist does show when you exhale, there is a slight odor, but its not unpleasant.

The starter kit I have only has one cig in it to charge. The ones at Slate Branch have 2 so that you will always have a charged one ready to go. The kit a Slate Branch is also aprox 80 bucks. The charger is included. It takes about 2 hours to charge and the charge will last all day for me usually, but it just depends on how many puffs you take a day.

There is a bit of a learning curve. It takes a couple days to get used to smoking it. I think it is close enough to the real thing. It satifies the oral fixation very well. For example I love to smoke in the car. I start the engine, then light a cigarette up. I don't think I can drive without a smoke in my hand...lol. That being said I just keep the e-cig in my hand and occasionally puff on it instead and it totally "fools" me into thinking I'm still smoking the real thing...

I hope I answered all your questions. If there is anything else just ask.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#12 Jan 19, 2011
Thanks! You about covered it. I'll do some thinking about trying them. I appreciate the time you took to answer me.

By the way, I'm the same about starting the car and lighting up. There are certain triggers for me that I'll have to deal with. Morning coffee, after meals, driving, talking on the phone, etc. It's all a part of breaking the habitual triggers in order to successfully break the addiction.
lawgurl

Frankfort, KY

#13 Jan 19, 2011
Your welcome....I have found that the e-cig has helped me to deal with those triggers better by having it to puff on...like I said it has sucessfully "fooled" me when I needed it to. Granted I am still getting the nicotine, but I think my battle is with breaking the habit not so much the actual addiction....if that makes sense...good luck to ya
gumby

Santa Clara, CA

#14 Jan 19, 2011
I think I will look into these some more. What kind of odor do they have? Is it very noticeable? Thanks for all the good info so far.
lawgurl

Frankfort, KY

#15 Jan 20, 2011
The odor isn't very noticable. I smell a slight odor when I smoke it, but people around me never mention the odor. It may just be me...Anyway it doesn't smell bad at all. It may be the nicotin giving off a slight smell. Thats just a guess on my part tho......

“Capitalist”

Level 4

Since: Mar 09

Somerset, KY

#16 Jan 20, 2011
My wife bought one of the E-cigs about a month or two after I'd quit smoking. I didn't notice much odor from it but, she didn't take the time needed to get used to smoking it, just went back to cigs the first day. Hope to get her to try again this year.

Looks like a good way to get off cigs to me. Going cold turkey sucks, but worked for me.:)

Great thread, and good luck future ex-smokers.

“Capitalist”

Level 4

Somerset, KY

#17 Jan 20, 2011
lawgurl,

You've been smoking one for about 3 weeks now. Can you tell a difference in your coughing, breathing, sleeping, smelling, and tasting?

I gained a good bit of weight when I quit cold turkey. I think is was a combination of nervous boredom and stuff tasting much better than it used to.
lawgurl

Frankfort, KY

#18 Jan 21, 2011
I can tell a difference since I have been smoking the e-cigs. Don't cough as much as before...I wasn't really having any breathing or sleeping problems, so I can't comment on those.

My sense of taste and smell has gotten sharper. Food tastes better, I'm gonna have to watch that. I'm hoping I don't gain too much weight. Now when I get aroung someone that smokes they stink to me, which is good, keeps me from starting back.....

“Capitalist”

Level 4

Somerset, KY

#19 Jan 21, 2011
I hear ya. I don't mind being around someone smoking now, don't smell bad while the cigarette is burning. It's when someone comes back from smoking. Didn't really know I smelled so bad when I was the one coming back from smoking.

I've never had any sleep problems either, but it seems I require less sleep as a non-smoker. I wake up before the alarm goes off most mornings now. Didn't do that before, I didn't want to get out of the bed before. Now, after about 6 - 7 hours I'm well rested and ready to get up.
lawgurl

Frankfort, KY

#21 Jan 21, 2011
I hope I start requiring less sleep too....that would be a plus....

Yeah, when you stink like everyone else you never notice, but now I can smell a smoker from a mile away.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bo Cook talking bout throwing hands lol (Aug '16) 1 hr Randy 39
Who*e* in cedar grove 1 hr Bronstonbitch 1
what do men really think about stretch marks (Aug '08) 1 hr FiddleDeeDee 302
Does anyone know if Jennifer from 9 at oakwood ... (Mar '10) 1 hr showrespect 6
any Parker Elementary School memories? (Nov '08) 2 hr jack690 122
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Bill McReal 163,327
Somernites cruise was a flop! 3 hr Cooter 7

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages