boxer shorts hanging out

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pastors wife

Corbin, KY

#1 Oct 21, 2008
Do young men realize how shameful and degrading they look,with their pant hanging way down below their butt cracks.Their boxer shorts are a good 6 inches above their pants.This is so unacceptable.I do not want to have to look at their underwear.It's not just boys I've seen men in their 20s and 30s dressed this way.My 16 year old son and his circle of friends would never dress this way.They have been taught manners and know better.The white population is doing this more than the black population.

“Livin Life & Lovin It!”

Since: Oct 08

Somerset, KY

#2 Oct 21, 2008
Well to each their own. Fashion is a way of expressing yourself, whether it be showing your as* because you've got pants that are Way too big or wearing them right. I'm not a fan of the droopy drawers myself but I wouldn't say they do this because they have no manners. Quit being so close minded and if you don't like how certain people wear their clothes then don't associate with them or look at them. It's simple as that.
eyes

Corbin, KY

#3 Oct 21, 2008
wish you could get something done about, maybe get something passed at school to pass a dress code. I agree with you it is down right ugly and degrading on our young generation, I have a 17 year old grand son and can;t do a thing with him. Guess i'll have to wait for a dress code.
white chick

Corbin, KY

#5 Oct 21, 2008
The black boys were the ones who started the undear wear thing.Our white boys act racist but what the blacks do the whites mimic.I have noticed more whites than blacks are dressing this way.I think it is a fads that blacks have tired of and it takes the whites awhile to catch on.
Jackson

Bledsoe, KY

#6 Oct 21, 2008
Pastors wife....with all due respect, how did you come to the conclusion that "the white population is doing this more than the black population"....and how is it relevant?
I see girls with butt/boobs hanging out of their bikinis all summer long, and I dont complain, Sounds like a hypocracy issue more than manners!
P.S. I dont think it looks good but like everything else....it too shall pass!
dixie bend gal

Corbin, KY

#7 Oct 21, 2008
chill pastors wife it is just people thinking it makes them gangstas to look this way.
Jesus

London, KY

#8 Oct 21, 2008
pastors wife wrote:
The white population is doing this more than the black population.
Racist much?
Your new neighbor

Somerset, KY

#9 Oct 21, 2008
It's not so much the top of the boxers showing that makes me laugh my head off, it's the way that some of these boys have to hold onto their crotches while they walk in order to keep those pants UP. They're holding on for dear life and I just can't help but laugh. If you aint got enough butt cheek or bulge down there to hold 'em up, perhaps you ought not be wearing them. And YES, there are some school districts which have passed a dress code banning the droopy drawers, requiring the kids to wear a belt. Check into it with your local school board. It's not hard to get it initiated.
Your new neighbor

Somerset, KY

#10 Oct 21, 2008
BTW, preachers wife, I DO understand your view and I DO respect your opinion. But, it's just kids being kids. I'd much rather see a droopy drawer than a "plummers butt" shining at me when someone in ill fitting pants bends over in front of me. MY EYES, OH MY EYES!!!!
IBM

Somerset, KY

#11 Oct 21, 2008
Boxer shorts dont "hang out", unless they come out of the bottom of your pant legs...

why does everyone use the term, "hang out"?

they at anything, "ruffle out at the top"

lol

*..:::IBleeDMaRooN:::..*
Your new neighbor

Somerset, KY

#12 Oct 21, 2008
Hehehe, ruffle out. I like that IBM, hehe. Ruffle out.
IBM

Somerset, KY

#13 Oct 21, 2008
Your new neighbor wrote:
Hehehe, ruffle out. I like that IBM, hehe. Ruffle out.
lol, i dont see the realevence in "hanging out"

hanging out is something you do, not wear..

pardon my spelling, i'm quiet drunk.

Your new neighbor

Somerset, KY

#14 Oct 21, 2008
Beam me up, too. LOL!!
IBM

Somerset, KY

#15 Oct 21, 2008
Your new neighbor wrote:
Beam me up, too. LOL!!
wrong topic, maple flag person. LOL!!!!
please, feel free to reply to the drinking topic, i would love your input.

Since: Oct 08

Somerset, KY

#16 Oct 21, 2008
Here's my 2 cents. I think it just makes the people that wear their pants like that look...well...desperate for attention. I think it looks stupid, but...oh boy here I go...In the 80's we had crazy clothes! I had the faded jeans with holes cut in them. My Mom would get so mad at me for cutting perfectly good jeans up and then washing them at least 10 times before they looked right. So, as much as I hate to admit it, it's just a fashion thing.
IBM

London, KY

#17 Oct 21, 2008
lol, the holes in the jeans are as only cool as the story..lol

i like to "put my on holes" in my jeans....however, many are too "plain" looking, i like certain styles...but the holey jeans are a bit ridiculous, when you buy them for 80 dollars..

i dont see how, or why "sagging" jeans down to your thighs is considered comfortable. it looks ridiculous, and being "interested" in the hip hop world, its just dumb.

I like my levis, loose fit, and will never prefer anything else.

SquareBob

Norfolk, VA

#18 Oct 21, 2008
white chick wrote:
The black boys were the ones who started the undear wear thing.
The gay one's in prison. Right ? Everyone thinks it's ok to be gay anymore ,so these white gays think it's cute.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#19 Oct 22, 2008
The trend actually started in prison. It was a way for one inmate to tell another inmate that they were available for relations. Or you could dig back even further before the times of "black power". I approach some black males and confront them on it on the basis it looks stupid, but start by asking how could they disgrace their culture by wearing their pants that way. Back in times leading up and during the "seperate but equal" stance that government took on facilities for whites and "coloreds" a lynching mob would often de-trouse a man after lynching him as a sign of superiority.
deport mexicans

Corbin, KY

#21 Oct 22, 2008
you are so wrong.it was the blacks.yea if you said that to the black boys you would have went home crying cause you got your white a ss beat.
kywes wrote:
The trend actually started in prison. It was a way for one inmate to tell another inmate that they were available for relations. Or you could dig back even further before the times of "black power". I approach some black males and confront them on it on the basis it looks stupid, but start by asking how could they disgrace their culture by wearing their pants that way. Back in times leading up and during the "seperate but equal" stance that government took on facilities for whites and "coloreds" a lynching mob would often de-trouse a man after lynching him as a sign of superiority.
guitarists mom

Prestonsburg, KY

#22 Oct 22, 2008
I don't think it's a white or black thing anymore...it's just fashion at this time. Remember mini-skirts and hip huggers? What about belly shirts and fishnet shirts worn over a bra? Why not try looking at the person and not what they wear? Piddly things.
Most of these boys are good people from good homes, they just want to fit in. Don't degrade them by saying they should be ashamed. That's what's wrong with society today...you treat 'em like hoodlums over something as little as that and you'll get a hoodlum in return.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mickey402 147,262
Tammie Wilson President/Chief Executive Office... 2 hr Sully 4
3 word comment - (Oct '09) 5 hr Knowitall9 6,361
poor russell burton... (Dec '08) 8 hr Noted 75
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 13 hr positronium 30,039
Brian broyles 15 hr open 2
Does anyone know anything about Anthony Newell? (Aug '09) 23 hr wendy 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages