Paula Dean racist?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Braxton Vaines

Columbus, IN

#1 Jun 21, 2013
Is she a racist, or a product of Southern culture of using the n word like using a period.? I don't think she is no more racist than rest of population. We all need to quit using the n word.
321PMI

London, KY

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Hell, Paula Deen hasn't said anything anyone hasn't said before about black people....let her be people.

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

Climax, Kentucky

#4 Jun 21, 2013
Paula Deen is awesome!!

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5 Jun 22, 2013
Show me one person who has never used a racial slur, And I will show you a liar.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#6 Jun 22, 2013
It was the era in which she grew up . I dare say all have laughed at a racial joke , or slur in some form . Food network is wrong in not renewing her contract. It's a knee jerk reaction and they will regret it later. Her " admission" was taken from a deposition . She didn't lie about it . Give the woman a break !!

Level 5

Location hidden

#7 Jun 22, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
It was the era in which she grew up . I dare say all have laughed at a racial joke , or slur in some form . Food network is wrong in not renewing her contract. It's a knee jerk reaction and they will regret it later. Her " admission" was taken from a deposition . She didn't lie about it . Give the woman a break !!
I agree. I just wish our politicians were as honest. When I was refering to racial slurs, it was ment to include all racial groups including caucassion. Not just people of color.

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Climax, Kentucky

#8 Jun 22, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
I agree!

She'll get another show on another network, and it will be a huge success of course.

It's Food Network's loss!!

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Climax, Kentucky

#9 Jun 22, 2013
What I like best about Paula Deen:

If a recipe calls for 2 sticks of butter....she'll use 13 sticks of butter!

Gotta love Paula, lol.
Love America

London, KY

#11 Jun 22, 2013
Paul spoke her mind. The Dixie Chicks spoke theirs. Opening your mouth has its benefits and its costs. Thinking is an age old art and free speech is a right and responsibility. She's got balls but apparently not much intelligence. Oh well. Hate on people.
Bear in the woods

Versailles, KY

#12 Jun 22, 2013
Guess where I do my business. I hear the pope is still Catholic, too.
Braxton Vaines wrote:
Is she a racist, or a product of Southern culture of using the n word like using a period.? I don't think she is no more racist than rest of population. We all need to quit using the n word.

Level 5

Location hidden

#13 Jun 22, 2013
My opinion,They said they would not resign her. The food channel is playing politics. If there is no uproar, and the public supports her. She will be back. If there is no Jesse Jackson uprising. Who spit in white peoples food.
Buddah

Somerset, KY

#14 Jun 22, 2013
Love America wrote:
Paul spoke her mind. The Dixie Chicks spoke theirs. Opening your mouth has its benefits and its costs. Thinking is an age old art and free speech is a right and responsibility. She's got balls but apparently not much intelligence. Oh well. Hate on people.
Absolutely. If she wanted the benefits of saying that word she oughta become a rapper. For you see, it's cool when black people use it.
Wha

Somerset, KY

#15 Jun 23, 2013
Who's Paula Dean?

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#16 Jun 23, 2013
Buddah wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. If she wanted the benefits of saying that word she oughta become a rapper. For you see, it's cool when black people use it.
I never thought about that , but you are correct . That music slurs against or crosses many different racial bounds ....many colors and ethic backgrounds. I guess it is music and therefore " Art" . In other words ...Allowable .

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#17 Jun 23, 2013
Wha wrote:
Who's Paula Dean?
Famous Southern Chef
FIrestonetire

London, KY

#18 Jun 23, 2013
well, how's about we use a word, an "N" word that everyone is comfortable using and everyone will know what we mean - how about we start using "Nigerian" In place of the N word?

Then we can use phrases like "Nigerian rigged" and "Nigerian lipped" and not be offensive.
Hopper

Manchester, KY

#19 Jun 23, 2013
You mean like:
"Eenie Meenie Minee Moe,
Catch a Nigerian by the toe?"

I think I might have said it the other way 40 years ago along with a bunch of other people. Crazy crap.
FIrestonetire

London, KY

#20 Jun 23, 2013
Hopper wrote:
You mean like:
"Eenie Meenie Minee Moe,
Catch a Nigerian by the toe?"
I think I might have said it the other way 40 years ago along with a bunch of other people. Crazy crap.
Yes that's exactly what I mean
Oh the Irony

Bellefontaine, OH

#21 Jun 23, 2013
I do not think the issue is her using racial slurs in the past. I think the knowledge that she was actually using racial epithets is the issue and that would she still use those terms today knowing they are hurtful to a group of people even if they are not around to hear it?

BTW, who is Paula Deen?

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Climax, Kentucky

#22 Jun 23, 2013
....still lovin' Paula.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min ChromiuMan 165,583
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 15 min Rickster-- 36,536
Big boobs are gross, who agrees? (Apr '09) 2 hr tina 130
Melissa and John 2 hr Goldie Anne 51
John little metal midget whang 9 hr Brian v 18
North 27 cigarettes 9 hr Matt's mama 6
BBT overdraft? (Feb '09) 9 hr Matt's mama 54

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages