A Day

Somerset, KY

#124 Mar 28, 2013
Are they open to suggestions for distributors? I would glad to find their higher end beer didnít hit a cap at Samuel Adams.
boog

Somerset, KY

#126 Mar 29, 2013
In the morning 9:00 am is opening day. I stop by. Store looks awesome and seemed like great people
Wet Voter

Indianapolis, IN

#127 Mar 30, 2013
I just went there and its a nice place. Should do well.

Level 2

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#128 Mar 30, 2013
that figures, I decide to go sober, and somerset gets liquor. anyway I am 30 days into sobriety...Go ME!!!!!
prices

London, KY

#129 Mar 30, 2013
How were the prices??

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#130 Mar 30, 2013
prices wrote:
How were the prices??
I second this. Heard that Apple's was way overpriced.

$20 cheap vodka being sold for $35. Outrageous gouging if true.
gomer-ez

Somerset, KY

#131 Mar 30, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I second this. Heard that Apple's was way overpriced.
$20 cheap vodka being sold for $35. Outrageous gouging if true.
Not true ,they are a couple dollars higher,but competition will cure that.
gomer-ez

Somerset, KY

#132 Mar 30, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey buddy, they have some buds that reach as high as 33%. Not to mention with a butane extraction you can get almost pure THC that almost looks like stain glass without sacrificing the taste and smell like your black hash does.
On the other end of the THC is the Cannabinoid also found in marijuana. These do not get you high but have many medical values. I was watching a show last night how they have bred some strains to contain mostly CBD for children with diseases like epilepsy. It's amazing all the different things this plant can do.
If people would just take some time to do some research on the plant then there is no way they would not want it legal again.
Don't tell the government about the no thc for children.The government will mess it up ever time.

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#133 Mar 30, 2013
gomer-ez wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true ,they are a couple dollars higher,but competition will cure that.
Well that's good to know, and no doubt competition will fix any type of initial price gouging.

I've yet to go so I can't say what the pricing is like, I was just repeating what I had been told by some. Tried to stop at the mall location Thursday night, but they were closed. I think it was before 11 too, so they most close at 10?

Anyone knowing the hours of these places please post them. Also, are Apples and Wildcat already scheduled to be open on Sunday?
one for the road

New Salisbury, IN

#135 Mar 30, 2013
Wildcat for me that place is awesome and not to boot the good looking girls at work there!!!! I'll definitely be going back!!!

“speak your mind!”

Level 3

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#137 Mar 31, 2013
gomer-ez wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell the government about the no thc for children.The government will mess it up ever time.
im sure they already know!
gomer-ez

Somerset, KY

#138 Mar 31, 2013
bluntly wrote:
<quoted text>im sure they already know!
Oh man,it seems like they know everything.Except how to balance a budget. Of topic,just could not resist.

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Brownsville, TN

#139 Mar 31, 2013
Checked wildcat out last night and I give them a thumbs up! The store is nice and seems much bigger once you are inside. The Staff were very friendly and eager to help. Prices were a little high on some things but well priced on other things. I'm a poor boy and I got a 1/2 gallon of canadian ltd whiskey (cheap stuff) for $13.49 before the somerset taxes. My friend got a 1/2 gallon of 7yr old beam cheaper than what he has been paying for it in lancaster. I asked and YES they are open on sundays just not today because it's easter. I think they said their normal hours on sunday will be 1-6 pm. Nice store and staff, pretty good selection, resonable prices, open 7 days a week except for some holidays...what more could a person ask for in a liquor store in somerset? woooo hoooo!
Meatcat

Somerset, KY

#140 Apr 1, 2013
Shopped at Apples and my drink of choice was forty cents higher on the half gallon to Lancaster. Not going to complain given the 90 minutes and gas it takes to get to and from any place else. Stopping by Wildcats tomorrow after work.
large in charge

Sheridan, AR

#141 Apr 1, 2013
Stopped by Saturday. The place was busy. I agree a lot of staff was there but at least there is a large selection. They are willing to even order stuff. If they follow through with what they promise then they will be great!
cruise drinker

London, KY

#145 Apr 14, 2013
Does anyone know if they will be serving at the cruise?

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#146 Apr 15, 2013
cruise drinker wrote:
Does anyone know if they will be serving at the cruise?
Liquor stores will be selling for sure, but as far as by-the-drink beer tents or such I kind of doubt it. Danville had some nice downtown festivals that served beer openly under a special event temporary license, but I'd expect Somerset would wait a few years before embracing that.

I do believe Somerset has such special temporary licenses allowed in their alcohol ordinance, though that doesn't mean they're ready to start handing them out just yet.
Meatcat

London, KY

#147 Apr 15, 2013
Somerset will be selling at MMF this year. That's hopefully the start of things to come.
Tired

Lenoir, NC

#148 Apr 18, 2013
A Day wrote:
Are they open to suggestions for distributors? I would glad to find their higher end beer didnít hit a cap at Samuel Adams.
I agree. The only thing Sam Adams has that I like is their boston lager. I do however like most of all of sierra nevada and lienenkugel's lines. Favorite is lienkugel's red lager

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#149 Apr 18, 2013
I like beer -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 min Hatti_Hollerand 23,517
What are the The 3 biggest lies men tell? (Aug '12) 18 min thoughtfilled 143
Right To Work Legislation in Pulaski 41 min thoughtfilled 12
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 46 min ChromiuMan 133,231
Mayor Eddie Girdler wants payroll tax for city 1 hr Worried 21
Sully's Restaurant 1 hr fyi 8
Part time jobs 3 hr knobster 2
Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST