Comments
41 - 60 of 143 Comments Last updated Jul 22, 2013
Someone

London, KY

#41 Feb 15, 2013
JumperJuice wrote:
<quoted text>That used to be Burness Whitaker's old lot, I think is the one you're talking about. You're down in the area where Lynn Lowery had that pawn shop.
Yep you are right. I couldn't remember the names. It's in a decent spot but the store looks very small and not in good shape.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#42 Feb 15, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep you are right. I couldn't remember the names. It's in a decent spot but the store looks very small and not in good shape.
Yeah, it looked rough last time I was down that way. It hasn't had a tenant in some time.
Old

Beattyville, KY

#43 Feb 15, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
At least south Somerset/Pulaski got one store relatively close. It would suck having to drive the new bypass or through 30 lights just to visit Liquor World north of 80.
Hopefully the mall store will have an external entrance.
I thought that Liquor World didn't get a licence?
drinker

Bulan, KY

#44 Feb 15, 2013
JumperJuice wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it looked rough last time I was down that way. It hasn't had a tenant in some time.
Its like the 3rd building down from where Gold Craft jewelers was....you have the goldcraft building, the white building with the mexican rest and then the 3 rd run down building shack for One Stop....lol
drinker

Bulan, KY

#45 Feb 15, 2013
Old wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that Liquor World didn't get a licence?
correct, they did not, but if they do there farther north that south....lol

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Location hidden

#46 Feb 15, 2013
drinker wrote:
<quoted text>Its like the 3rd building down from where Gold Craft jewelers was....you have the goldcraft building, the white building with the mexican rest and then the 3 rd run down building shack for One Stop....lol
Yep, that's the one I thought you were talking about. They have a lot of work to do!
Found it

Somerset, KY

#47 Feb 15, 2013
I found their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/WildcatBeerWineSpiri...

I am one awesome investigator. I should totally get a medal.
seriously

Bulan, KY

#48 Feb 15, 2013
drinker wrote:
<quoted text>Its like the 3rd building down from where Gold Craft jewelers was....you have the goldcraft building, the white building with the mexican rest and then the 3 rd run down building shack for One Stop....lol
OMG, i drove on the lot, my darn bathroom is bigger than this! What was the ABC board thinking when they gave this lic? I would like to see what kind of economical impact study they submitted, its a shoebox, what the hell can they offer or do for the community, prob going to be a high dollar store, this is totally ridiculous, no wonder the mayor raising hell and should be along with all those that voted YES for wet sales.

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#50 Feb 15, 2013
The licensing process at the state level was obviously flawed, if not down right corrupt.
yep seriously

Manchester, KY

#51 Feb 15, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
The licensing process at the state level was obviously flawed, if not down right corrupt.
I don't think it was corrupt. None of the connected palm greasing type got a license. I personally am glad that at least 3 locals where chosen even if they weren't the right ones

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#52 Feb 15, 2013
yep seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it was corrupt. None of the connected palm greasing type got a license. I personally am glad that at least 3 locals where chosen even if they weren't the right ones
I didn't mean corrupt as in money. I meant corrupt as in Democrats in Frankfort wanting to help Republicans in Somerset as little as possible.

I wonder about Liquor Mart vs. Liquor World. Both from Richmond, yet in the past two years we've seen Liquor Mart expand into Lancaster, Mancaster, Corbin, and Junction City while Liquor World gets all their requests for license denied.

Wonder which politicians Liquor Mart donates to as opposed to Liquor World?
yep seriously

Manchester, KY

#53 Feb 15, 2013
Liquor World guy is an overbearing, pushy, a-hole. He thinks he can buy anything he wants and if he don't get his way he sues. If he gets a store in Somerset you can guarantee that even half of his proposed economic plan won't come to fruition. He will open a store on the cheap and continue to leach off this community and give nothing back. Somerset may need more stores but not his.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Location hidden

#54 Feb 16, 2013
yep seriously wrote:
Liquor World guy is an overbearing, pushy, a-hole. He thinks he can buy anything he wants and if he don't get his way he sues. If he gets a store in Somerset you can guarantee that even half of his proposed economic plan won't come to fruition. He will open a store on the cheap and continue to leach off this community and give nothing back. Somerset may need more stores but not his.
You are right....nobody here in Richmond even likes him. He was supposed to be a full line party store like Liquor Barn. No deli, no cheeses, nothing. At least the Liquor Mart guys are accomodating good ol boys. I've known them for years, traded with them when they were over on Main Street, and still do when I'm in a hurry and don't want to go downtown to my old employer. They're good people and didn't build a 2012 bunker like the Liquor World dude did! LOL.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#55 Feb 16, 2013
Stay thirsty and buy locally -
big deal

Bulan, KY

#56 Feb 16, 2013
JumperJuice wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right....nobody here in Richmond even likes him. He was supposed to be a full line party store like Liquor Barn. No deli, no cheeses, nothing. At least the Liquor Mart guys are accomodating good ol boys. I've known them for years, traded with them when they were over on Main Street, and still do when I'm in a hurry and don't want to go downtown to my old employer. They're good people and didn't build a 2012 bunker like the Liquor World dude did! LOL.
you know i was wondering that, everybody wanting Liqour World, i have been to the one in Richmond and i never remember seeing cheeses or party foods or goodies like Liqour Barn carries, i would much rather have a Liqour Barn than Liqour World.
yep seriously

Manchester, KY

#57 Feb 16, 2013
big deal wrote:
<quoted text>you know i was wondering that, everybody wanting Liqour World, i have been to the one in Richmond and i never remember seeing cheeses or party foods or goodies like Liqour Barn carries, i would much rather have a Liqour Barn than Liqour World.
Exactly liquor world is no liquor barn or even close

I heard about morgans bunker LMAO
big deal

Bulan, KY

#58 Feb 16, 2013
yep seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly liquor world is no liquor barn or even close
I heard about morgans bunker LMAO
I have not, do tell? lol

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Location hidden

#59 Feb 16, 2013
big deal wrote:
<quoted text>you know i was wondering that, everybody wanting Liqour World, i have been to the one in Richmond and i never remember seeing cheeses or party foods or goodies like Liqour Barn carries, i would much rather have a Liqour Barn than Liqour World.
Tell me about it, Liquor Barn is the best. If you'll notice if you're ever in Liquor World again, off to the right there is a lot of un utilized space....as well as on your immediate left when you come through the doors. This was supposed to be the party supply area and deli case, respectively. We got neither. I don't know, but I suspect the Liquor Barn people were looking at that site when Richmond annexed it. He may have then promised the chamber that he would put in a similar store if they'd grant him that license. Just speculation, but he left a successful business on Big Hill Ave., and the store was set up like a Liquor. Barn, but never utilized. I don't know.

He's known as a shady, shifty character around these parts, not many like him locally. This wet Somerset thing may seal his fate, because very few, if any, locals trade there. Hooters being next door may be his only saving grace!

As for the bunker.....let's just say its purpose was not served on December 21st, and not very many people were going to be allowed in. I'm not sure folks wouldn't have rather died than to be stuck in there with him anyway! I know some locals who would! LOL

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#60 Feb 16, 2013
Hooters is a saving grace for many , not just whiskey barons - Once a breast baby , always a mammary appreciator -
jus sayin

Manchester, KY

#61 Feb 16, 2013
Liquor barn had no interest in Somerset.........local politics maybe ?????

Somerset does need LW or Morgan here. I wish everyone would let Girdler no that. Unless he has some other motivation????
We just need to accept that we aren't getting a big party store with a deli but Kroger has a deli. I think we can make 2 stops . No a major inconvenience

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Mike Duquette 130,512
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min Southern Horde 1,400
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 17 min Advertisment 26,226
Alison Grimes, Not No, But Hell No! 56 min Woodman 80
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 20,655
Obama calling off the Feds concerning pot! (Feb '09) 2 hr woodstock 32
What is KTAP? (Dec '08) 6 hr New2London 67
Cheddars 21 hr diner 21
•••
•••
•••

Somerset Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••