They are taking applications on their website
Stich

Bellefontaine, OH

#2 Feb 13, 2013
Heck yeah at least it will be here before summer
drinkin lady

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Feb 13, 2013
I just went and looked and it says 15 days so that would be March 1 so that's even better!!
duh

Louisville, KY

#4 Feb 13, 2013
drinkin lady wrote:
I just went and looked and it says 15 days so that would be March 1 so that's even better!!
there web site coundown clock says 45 days....
shugar

Manchester, KY

#5 Feb 13, 2013
What are you looking at? I just checked. it says 45 Days

April 1st
duh

Louisville, KY

#6 Feb 13, 2013
drinkin lady wrote:
you a 24/7 drinker there lady?

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7 Feb 13, 2013
duh wrote:
<quoted text>there web site coundown clock says 45 days....
What are drinkin' there "Duh"?? I just looked and it says 46 days 8 hours, etc..
When I looked at it 2 days ago it said 17 days! Seems someone keeps changing it........
Anyway, all it takes to sell liquor is the product, some shelves, and bags to put it in, what the he!! is 46 days for?? For that matter, does it take 9 months to get a liquor store operational after the vote,........NO!
Frog

Manchester, KY

#8 Feb 13, 2013
metusmetu wrote:
<quoted text>
What are drinkin' there "Duh"?? I just looked and it says 46 days 8 hours, etc..
When I looked at it 2 days ago it said 17 days! Seems someone keeps changing it........
Anyway, all it takes to sell liquor is the product, some shelves, and bags to put it in, what the he!! is 46 days for?? For that matter, does it take 9 months to get a liquor store operational after the vote,........NO!
You are freakin' clueless. A store can't get product until it gets a license and it can't get a license until it passes a state inspection and it can't pass an inspection until the facility meets all state and local building codes and is ready to sell product. Can't do that overnight. You have to hire and train employees and wait for a STAR training class and get them all to take it.

Why am I bothering. I am guessing you can't comprehend any of this .......

Maybe they should hire you to get it open. No way than can have an expert like you on there staff yet
duh

Louisville, KY

#9 Feb 13, 2013
Frog wrote:
<quoted text>
You are freakin' clueless. A store can't get product until it gets a license and it can't get a license until it passes a state inspection and it can't pass an inspection until the facility meets all state and local building codes and is ready to sell product. Can't do that overnight. You have to hire and train employees and wait for a STAR training class and get them all to take it.
Maybe they should hire you to get it open. No way than can have an expert like you on there staff yet
I thought the samething, he gets all tech over a few hours and minutes, can't fix stupid i guess...lmao
Frog

Manchester, KY

#10 Feb 13, 2013
The State held everything up taking like 6 months to make a decision. I think all the stores are moving forward as fast as they can since they got the OK. I noticed all of them are working on there stores everyday. Why would any of the store owners take a day longer than necessary??? It just cost them money every day they aren't open.

Level 2

Location hidden

#11 Feb 13, 2013
Frog wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU...calling me clueless? Obviously you don't read newspapers, Wild Cat has already been approved, and has a license, except that I'm guessin' Girdler is still holding the license, and the place is under construction for one reason or another, I'm assuming there wasn't a building there to start with. As far as your "training classes" go, what training does it take to ask for an ID and check it, and then take the money to pay for it...Somerset people so uneducated they have to be trained to do that? I'm not from this area, or this state (thank god), but where I come from they don't do "ANYTHING" like you people do here! So I would suggest you get your head out of your a$$, go visit another state or somewhere other than Somerset or KY., and find out how the REAL WORLD lives..........Froggy Boy.

Level 2

Location hidden

#12 Feb 13, 2013
duh wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the samething, he gets all tech over a few hours and minutes, can't fix stupid i guess...lmao
Maybe you an Frog ought to get together there "Duh", I say that's a good name for you,.........talk about you can't fix stupid, you two are a prime case for it.......
hello

United States

#13 Feb 13, 2013
metusmetu wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you an Frog ought to get together there "Duh", I say that's a good name for you,.........talk about you can't fix stupid, you two are a prime case for it.......
U should join them u aint bo better and i guess im not either so that makes four who else wants to join i can only count to ten thats how many fingefs i got
StuckAtWork

Hoboken, NJ

#14 Feb 14, 2013
Real world ha! I love the "real world" comments. The real world is just a vast collection of communities with their own beliefs and values forced to share the same rock orbiting the sun. All of which believe THEY are the real world.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15 Feb 14, 2013
StuckAtWork wrote:
Real world ha! I love the "real world" comments. The real world is just a vast collection of communities with their own beliefs and values forced to share the same rock orbiting the sun. All of which believe THEY are the real world.
That is an excellent point.....reminds me of the scene in Smokey and the Bandit when Sally Fields asks Burt Reynolds if he knows who some Broadway folks are, he doesn't know any. He then asks her if she knows Richard Petty, etc...of course she doesn't. He then speaks the only profound line in the movie: "You see, it all depends on what part of the country you're standing in as to who the idiot is...". Truer words have never been spoken.

As for the training, I think perhaps the owners do, but I KNOW everyday employees don't have to go through any training.....nor do shift managers.
Poster

Bellefontaine, OH

#16 Feb 14, 2013
Nope....Sorry you don't KNOW..

**ANNOUNCEMENT**

The City of Somerset Alcoholic Beverage Control Office has made a final decision regarding the required training for licensed establishments. We will require STAR training for all employees who will be serving or selling alcoholic beverages as well as any management responsible for those employees. You can visit abc.ky.gov to view a calendar of times and locations as well as sign up for a class.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Location hidden

#17 Feb 14, 2013
Poster wrote:
Nope....Sorry you don't KNOW..
**ANNOUNCEMENT**
The City of Somerset Alcoholic Beverage Control Office has made a final decision regarding the required training for licensed establishments. We will require STAR training for all employees who will be serving or selling alcoholic beverages as well as any management responsible for those employees. You can visit abc.ky.gov to view a calendar of times and locations as well as sign up for a class.
......huh, well thanks for pointing that out. They don't require it where I live now. I worked in a liquor store while going to school, we had to do NO training, just 20 and a day. Guess I shouldn't have ass/u/me-d it was the same all over the state, huh? LOL....Wonder why this is the case in Somerset? I see in your post the city requires it, but I wonder why they went with that? It's a pretty decent rule, i guess, but I would sure want more than minimum wage if I had to go through training to serve beer. You reckon they thought about that aspect of it?
Someone

United States

#18 Feb 14, 2013
The five places were all approved by the state ABC and given state license. The only one to be issued a license from the city was Wildcat. They were the only ones that met requirements set by the city when the application process began. The others are on hold until after the ABC answers the city on getting more licenses and why those approved were approved. Wildcat has everything they need to open once their building is remodeled.
Poster

Bellefontaine, OH

#19 Feb 14, 2013
JumperJuice wrote:
<quoted text>......huh, well thanks for pointing that out. They don't require it where I live now. I worked in a liquor store while going to school, we had to do NO training, just 20 and a day. Guess I shouldn't have ass/u/me-d it was the same all over the state, huh? LOL....Wonder why this is the case in Somerset? I see in your post the city requires it, but I wonder why they went with that? It's a pretty decent rule, i guess, but I would sure want more than minimum wage if I had to go through training to serve beer. You reckon they thought about that aspect of it?
The idea of the training is to help reduce alcohol abuse and under age drinking. They want anyone that is selling it or handling to know how to spot a fake ID for example. The training is only like a 4 hour class so it is not like getting a 4 year degree or anything.

It is however one hurdle in getting a store open. We waited 80 years for them another month or two isn't going to kill anybody.

FYI I also seen a Now Hiring Sign in front of Wildcat and they are doing some major construction today.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Location hidden

#20 Feb 14, 2013
Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea of the training is to help reduce alcohol abuse and under age drinking. They want anyone that is selling it or handling to know how to spot a fake ID for example. The training is only like a 4 hour class so it is not like getting a 4 year degree or anything.
It is however one hurdle in getting a store open. We waited 80 years for them another month or two isn't going to kill anybody.
FYI I also seen a Now Hiring Sign in front of Wildcat and they are doing some major construction today.
It sounds like a good idea....I got a hefty fine for selling to an undercover ABC.....we had a line in the drive thru around the building and I got in a hurry and got sloppy. So, I think the class is a good idea.

I hear ya on the 80 year part, I never thought I'd see the day to be honest. I wonder if you have to take the class repetitively, or if it's a one time thing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ttai 6 min UAW Brother 21
Johns automotive (Oct '15) 28 min feelintheBern 5
Abortion, people putting themselves first over ... 37 min feelintheBern 5
Dr Veligandla is leaving Somerset. (Aug '14) 44 min feelintheBern 7
Clinton can't stand up to trump. 55 min feelintheBern 5
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr Ricky F 31,540
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr LMS 148,327
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages