Unsolved Murder/ Cold cases In Somerset
remember this

Somerset, KY

#175 Aug 19, 2008
I am glad to see that people haven't forgotten this terrible thing. I so hoped that some day some one would tell who committed this crime. I thought that Cody was Linda's son for the longest time until the murders. I used to see them walking around town. He was the cutest little boy. I am glad to see family members speaking out.

Is there still a show called "Unsolved Mysteries"? I used to wonder if this case were turned in to it, would it be solved finally.
Siddymae

London, KY

#176 Aug 19, 2008
I think I will see about an article in the School paper. I know the CJ wont write shit about it.
Your Cousin

London, KY

#177 Aug 19, 2008
Stephanie New wrote:
The law just doesnt care about this case and thats all there is to it. This happend 14 years ago somerset is a pretty small community it really doesnt take a genius to figure out who the murderers are. And so what if my mom was one of those people you would consider "low class" and Cody was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, a dog doesnt even deserve to die the way they did, and whoever killed them I hope it haunts them everyday of their life, and when they die judgement day has a select place for them.
Don't worry Steph, They will get whats coming to them. Everyone who is involved in this horrible crime. They maybe able to run from the justice system, but they will never be able to run from god!!! Just stay strong sweetie, and know that your family loves you and will always be here for you no matter what! God bless your Mommy and Cody, and God bless you. We love you.
pimp_babygirl_16

Eubank, KY

#178 Aug 20, 2008
Stephanie New wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom is Linda Gibson and Cody was was uncle
HI and I'm sorry for the lose of both I went to school with linda we were close friends
Stephanie New

Lavon, TX

#179 Aug 20, 2008
Oh..whats ur name?
best topic

London, KY

#180 Aug 27, 2008
I think this should be bumped up since it is the best topic on here
woodstock

Lexington, KY

#181 Aug 28, 2008
In October 1995 someone murdered a man named Joe Petrey they apparently drug him in an old house and set him on fire.He lived long enough to tell the cops that something hit him in the back of the head.And that when he woke up he was inside the house on fire.But the police really never did anything with this case either.It happened on hwy 39 on the Woodstock Community.Does anyone have any information about this?
Sleeples_In_Some rset

London, KY

#182 Aug 29, 2008
i can remember me and my mom going to the goff's laundry matt sometimes on bourne ave when i was about 13 or 14 and sometimes linda and her daughter would come in there to do laundry. mom and her would talk and i'd play with her daughter they were the sweetiest people..it's so sad about what happened to linda and cody. but about 3 years ago i dated grant cody's dad and he talked about some things with me it was so sad..but i do know that stevie did commit suiside of this and he left a note down in the basement where he shot himself at the time he was living with a girl i know named thresea loveless and she had told a couple ppl that the note was a confession and beside it was the knife that had been used in the murders..i don't know if this is all thruth but i know the note is truthfull and frankie abbot was ran out of town back after this happened for many years but then came back as time went on..he now works as a delivery driver for pizza hut
curious

Aurora, OH

#183 Aug 29, 2008
Sleeples_In_Somerset wrote:
i can remember me and my mom going to the goff's laundry matt sometimes on bourne ave when i was about 13 or 14 and sometimes linda and her daughter would come in there to do laundry. mom and her would talk and i'd play with her daughter they were the sweetiest people..it's so sad about what happened to linda and cody. but about 3 years ago i dated grant cody's dad and he talked about some things with me it was so sad..but i do know that stevie did commit suiside of this and he left a note down in the basement where he shot himself at the time he was living with a girl i know named thresea loveless and she had told a couple ppl that the note was a confession and beside it was the knife that had been used in the murders..i don't know if this is all thruth but i know the note is truthfull and frankie abbot was ran out of town back after this happened for many years but then came back as time went on..he now works as a delivery driver for pizza hut
I haven't read this entire thread, just a few of the posts but was wondering who is "stevie" that you were referring to?
true

Aurora, OH

#184 Aug 29, 2008
remember this wrote:
I remember this. I was told by someone that was on the police force that Frank Abbott actually took the mother of the two to the site where the bodies were before anyone found them and she went to a nearby house and called for help. As far as I know, Frank was never charged with anything or arrested. I never did find out how he knew where the bodies nor did he ever tell how he knew. I know the people that lived in the house where the mother went to call about the bodies. The people that lived in the house said that they had been smelling the odor but thought that it was a dead cow since there were some in the same field where the bodies were found.
You are right, that is true. The story about Richard Cundiff being involved is false. Everyone thought he was involved somehow because his father used to give Linda money. He had cancelled checks where he had given Linda money because she just never had much money. There isn't any truth to the Cundiffs being involved. The best that I remember was that there wasn't any physical evidence to charge the Abbott man with the murders. You can't get a grand jury to indict people on suspicion. It is very sad that no one has served time in jail for this. There were 3 police departments working this case. I know that they diligently stayed on it but the physical evidence wasn't there. Doug Nelson was very involved. I would think that he would be glad to talk to any of the family/friends if they felt that they wanted to actually hear from him where it stands and why it stands where it does.
investigator

Aurora, OH

#186 Aug 29, 2008
siddymae wrote:
I had never heard the Sam Catron rumor but I did hear that he carried a picture of Linda and Cody in his pocket.
All I can think of is how scared that little boy must have been.
I think next semester at school I am going to do an article on it in our school newspaper. Along with the flyer I made.
I really do want to know some answers. but I dont believe calling the sherrifs dept or any other place would do any good.
I am going to research and see if i can find someone that takes on cold cases.
Like i have said in 2 posts, Was there not any DNA evidence collected at the scene? Was it stored properly? Did they do a rape kit on her?
The bodies were very badly decomposed. They had been outside in the weather and sun for days. They were eaten with maggots and it wasn't possible to do a rape test on her. Emily Craig, the forensic anthropologist at the medical examiner's office in Frankfort, came here and conducted the investigation at the scene.
investigator

Aurora, OH

#187 Aug 29, 2008
wonderin wrote:
Maybe there is nothing on the Sheriff dept website about the girl found in the alley by cundiff square because that is in the city?
That is not an open case. That's why it isn't on any web site. It was a suicide and she did leave a suicide note that was legitimate. All cases that are closed and not under investigation are open to public record.
it is solved

Aurora, OH

#188 Aug 29, 2008
unsure wrote:
There is another unsolved murder, involve a Goff boy and another boy it happened down 27 on the side of the road close to Alpine, does anyone know anything about that one? Would like to hear anything about it IF you do
This wasn't a murder. It was an accidental overdose. They had been to McCreary County, bought some cocaine and they overdosed in their vehicle on the side of the road. There was an autopsy done. There were very high levels of the drugs in their system. The other boy was a Fisher, his first name might have been Michael.
mee

United States

#189 Aug 29, 2008
Stephanie New wrote:
Oh..whats ur name?
aunt lynn's girl.
just _me00

London, KY

#190 Aug 29, 2008
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read this entire thread, just a few of the posts but was wondering who is "stevie" that you were referring to?
i think it's was phelps and him and frankie were buddies back then and in the note he said that they took them to oil center and killed them i also heard that stanley thompson was in on it as well too
annynonamus

Lexington, KY

#191 Aug 30, 2008
stevie phelps was "supposidly"a cousin of frank abbott&told abt. where the bodies were before it was ever published in the paper...
Siddymae

Somerset, KY

#192 Aug 30, 2008
I want to hear more about this note that was found, and who is stevie?
Old Tea Bag

Indianapolis, IN

#193 Aug 30, 2008
I remember back about 14 years ago I was living in an apartment building on Waddle Street in Ferguson.

One day a cop knocked on my door. He seemed to be out of sorts, really quite unprofessional, and he asked me if Frank Abbott was there. I had never even heard of Frank Abbott, much less knew where he was, and I told the cop as much.

When the cop left, he didn't drive through the parking lot to get to the road, he peeled out across a grassy lawn part of the property.

The next day I heard about Linda and Cody from someone who sort of knew them.(I did not.)

I don't know what to make of it really, but there ya go.
hamster

Somerset, KY

#194 Aug 30, 2008
the one that did the actual killing of linda and cody,also burned a man alive on dry branch rd.not frank but hanky abbot.he got off on a legal technacality.i also know for a fact something very errie is or was going on at cundif sqare apartments.i dont know if they are even still theare.i left in the midle of the night,and will not even drive by theare.i think most people in somerset already know theople involved,but has been covered up from the beginning.
curious

Eubank, KY

#195 Aug 31, 2008
there was also skeletal remains of a female found at the end of Piney Grove Road in Nancy around the same time. this has never been solved either. this was too swept under the rug. this is a dead end road and who ever dumped the body had to be from the area. does anyone remember this one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr another viewer 168,880
Looking for Good Assisted Living Facility in So... 6 hr Helper 9
Susanna Todd 7 hr new her in school 3
What happened to john whang 7 hr FiddleDeeDee 15
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 8 hr Ricky F 37,420
Anyone know a guy named Eli/is he a good guy (Jul '09) 8 hr cassidy 8
Haunted houses or trails. 8 hr cassidy 2

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages