Unsolved Murder/ Cold cases In Somerset
lulu

Eubank, KY

#257 Sep 9, 2008
connected wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mean to be a smart a$$, but I am connected to some law enforcement (not the local people), but higher up. I am going to set up a meeting with a certain connection in Frankfort with the information that has been exchanged here. I would like to see it resolved one way or another. So, I will have them get a court order to retrieve the records of where these "posts" have come from. Then, you can tell him these facts that you know. Then, someone will possibly be arrested for the murder and the law enforcement personnel in Pulaski County arrested for the crime of bribery and it will blow it all out of the water. It seems to me that if some of you know that people have been paid off, you would have gone to someone higher up to report it, etc.
To Connected, small town corruption is not a myth in Somerset it is REAL and I have seen it firsthand..there are people in charge here now and in the past that are pure EVIL..the likes ,I promise you, you've never seen. I PRAY you help us with your connections. Imagine living here and hitting roadblock after roadblock..these two young people could have been anyones children, sister, brother, but the message was, go home, and forget about it!!Get that meeting and help..our social morale is at stake. We sort of live in fear here in Pulaski co. you know, who's next? And it seems they DARE you to ask questions..
LexingtonLady

Alliance, OH

#258 Sep 9, 2008
Imagine if you will, a mental health professional who had been having sex with under age males for years. The local pizza delivery kids hated delivering to his house.......that's how well known it was.

When he was finally arrested and a ton of evidense was hauled out of his house, the charges were dropped because the house was searched improperly and all of the evidense was thrown out. At that point, the kids were afraid to testify.

He moved to Lexington and continued to work as a child and adolecsent therapist. Why not? He had no record after the charges were dropped. Most folks just shook their heads.

Lexy

Since: Jul 08

Richmond, KY

#259 Sep 9, 2008
JORDAN wrote:
<quoted text> so you suggest that every one that is at the scene when the officials pull up should be put on death row for murder? maybe some people need to step up and talk and stop blaming the law that can't get any where with drug cases.
That is not at all what is implied. Just stating that everything is not what it seems everytime. When there is not an official investigation which would begin at the time a body is found, which BTW would include preventing the general public from entering the scene, there is no way a professional and correct investigation can ever be done. It might help if those at the scene were at least questioned and their answers actually followed up on for truthfulness. Stepping up??? How??? I did...I hired a private investigator... but you have to have evidence collected properly from the scene to follow up on...that's kind of hard to do if there is no proper investigation from the start. It's a shame that families have to resort to private investigators when we have "trained" law enforcement officials on the payroll.

I also wonder why there are no stories in the local paper when bodies are found. Even the "suicides". There's not even a mention most of the time.
i love summer

Frankfort, KY

#260 Sep 9, 2008
Catch me if you Can wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not at all what is implied. Just stating that everything is not what it seems everytime. When there is not an official investigation which would begin at the time a body is found, which BTW would include preventing the general public from entering the scene, there is no way a professional and correct investigation can ever be done. It might help if those at the scene were at least questioned and their answers actually followed up on for truthfulness. Stepping up??? How??? I did...I hired a private investigator... but you have to have evidence collected properly from the scene to follow up on...that's kind of hard to do if there is no proper investigation from the start. It's a shame that families have to resort to private investigators when we have "trained" law enforcement officials on the payroll.
I also wonder why there are no stories in the local paper when bodies are found. Even the "suicides". There's not even a mention most of the time.
Did your private investigator talk to Emily Craig?

Also as far as why there isn't a mention in the newspaper about suicides, that is something that is NOT "kosher" to print. When Mitch Blevins committed suicide, the ONLY reason that was in the newspaper is because he took his life in a public place.

Richmond, KY

#261 Sep 9, 2008
i love summer wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your private investigator talk to Emily Craig?
Also as far as why there isn't a mention in the newspaper about suicides, that is something that is NOT "kosher" to print. When Mitch Blevins committed suicide, the ONLY reason that was in the newspaper is because he took his life in a public place.
Who is Emily Craig?

As far as suicides being in the paper, most newspapers around the country will note somewhere in the paper, not headlines, that someone was found "dead from an apparent suicide" be it a self inflicted gunshot wound, or hanging or overdose. There is nothing noted in our papers at all, which prevents the general public from having any information at all regarding the number of people in our area who have been assigned this as being the cause of death. If we have an outbreak of suicides around here, we hear about it through gossip...not through facts...education of the masses regarding local concerns is an important function of a quality newspaper.

Too bad folks around here aren't interested in being educated as to what is going on around them and most unfortunate that the local news media, if you can call them that, are not interested in providing that education.
siddymae

London, KY

#262 Sep 9, 2008
lulu wrote:
<quoted text>To Connected, small town corruption is not a myth in Somerset it is REAL and I have seen it firsthand..there are people in charge here now and in the past that are pure EVIL..the likes ,I promise you, you've never seen. I PRAY you help us with your connections. Imagine living here and hitting roadblock after roadblock..these two young people could have been anyones children, sister, brother, but the message was, go home, and forget about it!!Get that meeting and help..our social morale is at stake. We sort of live in fear here in Pulaski co. you know, who's next? And it seems they DARE you to ask questions..
I agree, ever since I have started this thread I have thought a hundred times. Am I going to be next for bringing it back up?

And now I am trying to get America's Most Wanted involved so I am a little bit more paranoid.

Like I stated before if anyone wants to help by sending in the flier that I made that would be great. Just leave your email and I will send you a copy to print and send in.
I want to ask everyone to pray that AMW does pick it up. Or that some source will help. I contacted Cold Case but never heard anything back from them.
I love summer

London, KY

#263 Sep 9, 2008
<quoted text>
Who is Emily Craig?
As far as suicides being in the paper, most newspapers around the country will note somewhere in the paper, not headlines, that someone was found "dead from an apparent suicide" be it a self inflicted gunshot wound, or hanging or overdose. There is nothing noted in our papers at all, which prevents the general public from having any information at all regarding the number of people in our area who have been assigned this as being the cause of death. If we have an outbreak of suicides around here, we hear about it through gossip...not through facts...education of the masses regarding local concerns is an important function of a quality newspaper.
Too bad folks around here aren't interested in being educated as to what is going on around them and most unfortunate that the local news media, if you can call them that, are not interested in providing that education.
I don't mean to sound like a smart a$$ and hope I don't come across that way but you said in one of your earlier posts that you hired a private investigator to further investigate that double murder. If you did, then your private investigator should have probably talked to Emily Craig before interviewing/investigating others involved. Emily Craig is the Forensic Anthropologist from the Medical Examiner's Office in Frankfort. When there is a body/bodies found that have burned, decomposed, been buried, etc., then SHE is the chief investigator for that case. She is the one who collected (and I apologize for offending anyone with this graphic detail) the bodies, along with the dirt, grass, etc. under and around the bodies and the larvae, maggots, and hatched eggs, etc., that were also on and around the bodies. I won't go into that any more, but anyone that is familiar with that type of work knows what all is involved in that and what Dr. Craig can/did determine from the laboratory tests from those samples. The bodies were VERY badly decomposed. But, I think that is common knowledge given the fact that it was summer and they had been exposed to the outside elements for a period of days.
As far as the suicide thing is concerned and the reasoning of why that isn't publicized is that most families don't want that publicized. Why put a family through more pain. I was associated for a period of time in this line of work and about 90% of the suicides in this county were (now I think people reading this are going to disagree but the records can prove this and this information has to be turned in to the State Department of Health) older men who were sick either physically and/or mentally.
I could go on and on but it's bedtime! I do realize that most of the public don't really know what all is involved in a death investigation. And, I know that someone is going to dispute that and "bash" that comment but I can HONESTLY say that during the time I was somewhat involved I NEVER saw anything that wasn't done correctly and ethically. And I will say that if someone has information and I mean true information that can be confirmed and verified concerning ANY case here in Pulaski County or anywhere, then I suggest that information is taken to the local authorities and if you feel you can't take it there, then go to Frankfort with it. You can go to the Justice Cabinet in Frankfort. Also on another note, do you know who the lead investigator or "chief" investigator is at a death scene? It's not the police officers or detectives, it is the county Coroner or Deputy Coroner. The Corner/Deputy Coroner has jurisdiction over the police chief and the sheriff. They are the ONLY law enforcement official who can arrest the sheriff. I have never heard of that happening here or in any other county, though.
I love summer

London, KY

#264 Sep 9, 2008
I apologize but my previous post was too long, so I had to finish here. I also left out some stuff, maybe I'll add it tomorrow:

Also, did you know that Kentucky has an Open Records Law? That means that after an investigation is finished and closed, those records can be viewed and examined by anyone who wants to file an open records request. So, some of these suicides that people feel aren't suicides, then go file an open records request and examine the documents yourself and if you see/find anything that you think or know isn't factual, then bring it to someone's attention. A case can always be re-opened. The coroner is the person who signs the death certificate for a suicide, murder, car accident, etc.
Also, did you know that Kentucky has an Open Records Law? That means that after an investigation is finished and closed, those records can be viewed and examined by anyone who wants to file an open records request. So, some of these suicides that people feel aren't suicides, then go file an open records request and examine the documents yourself and if you see/find anything that you think or know isn't factual, then bring it to someone's attention. A case can always be re-opened. The coroner is the person who signs the death certificate for a suicide, murder, car accident, etc.
I love summer

London, KY

#265 Sep 9, 2008
I could go on and on but it's bedtime! I do realize that most of the public don't really know what all is involved in a death investigation. And, I know that someone is going to dispute that and "bash" that comment but I can HONESTLY say that during the time I was somewhat involved I NEVER saw anything that wasn't done correctly and ethically. And I will say that if someone has information and I mean true information that can be confirmed and verified concerning ANY case here in Pulaski County or anywhere, then I suggest that information is taken to the local authorities and if you feel you can't take it there, then go to Frankfort with it. You can go to the Justice Cabinet in Frankfort. Also on another note, do you know who the lead investigator or "chief" investigator is at a death scene? It's not the police officers or detectives, it is the county Coroner or Deputy Coroner. The Corner/Deputy Coroner has jurisdiction over the police chief and the sheriff. They are the ONLY law enforcement official who can arrest the sheriff. I have never heard of that happening here or in any other county, though.
I love summer

London, KY

#266 Sep 9, 2008
I apologize for that posting twice. It's late and I had too many words, so I tried to copy & paste just the last part and didn't realize I screwed it up like that. I had more on there but I'll quit and maybe finish what I was going to say in a day or two.
LexingtonLady

Alliance, OH

#267 Sep 9, 2008
I love summer wrote:
I apologize for that posting twice. It's late and I had too many words, so I tried to copy & paste just the last part and didn't realize I screwed it up like that. I had more on there but I'll quit and maybe finish what I was going to say in a day or two.

Welcome to the human race. Have a good nite.

lexy
I love summer

London, KY

#268 Sep 9, 2008
LexingtonLady wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the human race. Have a good nite.
lexy
Ha! Thank you! I have only posted on here a couple of times, so am just learning how this stuff works.:)
siddymae

London, KY

#269 Sep 10, 2008
So if anyone wanted to go and see the records of the double murder they could?
Pam

London, KY

#270 Sep 10, 2008
I often think about this lil fella. The day before they were at a yard sale that my mom had. There was a tire swing in the front yard and I can remember my mom telling me of how much he enjoyed swinging on it. It breaks my heart that someone could harm a child. I hope this case wil someday get solved so that there can be justice and peace of mind for the family.

Richmond, KY

#271 Sep 10, 2008
I was not referring to this specific double murder, but to my son who was found dead and his death ruled a suicide. I have reason to believe it was a drug related murder and I did go to the local authorities with the information I had and took several people with me who gave related information. It got me nowhere locally. I do have a copy of the investigative records (willingly shared from the investigating officer) and a copy of autoposy report from the state coroner which I shared with the state police and the PI. But because of the sloppy initial investigation at the death scene when he was found, there wasn't much to go forward on.
I don't want anyone to think I'm bashing our local authorities. Just the opposite, I am sure there are some competent ones who are doing the very best they are allowed to do. BUT I am concerned that so many young people are beng found dead under suspicious circumstances (and regardless of what we think, drug overdoses are suspcious circumstances) yet we continue to pretend that there is not a problem here in our little town.
I understand that investigations cost money but I also understand that unless corruption is disrupted and exposed, it will continue to grow and we will continue to pay the price with the lives of our children and those we love.
Never

London, KY

#272 Sep 10, 2008
No one will ever know who killed that little boy and his sister.We can speculate forever but we will never find out.Too much money involved.
If CK Cundiff was involved, and again only speculation, there are two people who would know all of the details.That would be his widow Phyllis, and her daughter.For enough money Phyllis would talk,but she wouldn't say anything unless it benefited her in someway.
I love summer

Frankfort, KY

#273 Sep 10, 2008
siddymae wrote:
So if anyone wanted to go and see the records of the double murder they could?
I am not positive about that specific case because it isn't considered closed or solved. I do know that while something is under investigation, the open records law doesn't apply until it is "closed". You would have to ask someone that would be able to better answer that question. I'm not sure what Cabinet in Frankfort handles those requests, but you could start with the Justice Cabinet.
I love summer

Frankfort, KY

#274 Sep 10, 2008
I was not referring to this specific double murder, but to my son who was found dead and his death ruled a suicide. I have reason to believe it was a drug related murder and I did go to the local authorities with the information I had and took several people with me who gave related information. It got me nowhere locally. I do have a copy of the investigative records (willingly shared from the investigating officer) and a copy of autoposy report from the state coroner which I shared with the state police and the PI. But because of the sloppy initial investigation at the death scene when he was found, there wasn't much to go forward on.
I don't want anyone to think I'm bashing our local authorities. Just the opposite, I am sure there are some competent ones who are doing the very best they are allowed to do. BUT I am concerned that so many young people are beng found dead under suspicious circumstances (and regardless of what we think, drug overdoses are suspcious circumstances) yet we continue to pretend that there is not a problem here in our little town.
I understand that investigations cost money but I also understand that unless corruption is disrupted and exposed, it will continue to grow and we will continue to pay the price with the lives of our children and those we love.
Do you mind me asking what the autopsy report concluded and what the coroner (and which coroner/deputy corner) signed the death certificate as? I know he obviously ruled the manner of death a suicide but I wonder what he listed as the "cause of death". That is listed in middle part of the certificate about half way down the sheet of paper. It will have about 4 lines for "causes" to be listed. Also, do you mind me asking which agency it fell under such as city police, sheriff's dept., etc.?
I love summer

Frankfort, KY

#275 Sep 10, 2008
For any of you that are interested in death investigations, you should read Emily Craig's book titled "Teasing Secrets From the Dead". It is a very interesting book and she also talks about 3 Pulaski County cases she worked. She also was called out to help with the Waco, Texas tragedy (remember David Koresh), the Oklahoma City bombing, the World Trade Center boming and some other interesting cases. She explains all that in the book. She is a very WELL educated lady who also did some of her training under Dr. Bass who started The Body Farm in Tennessee. I have seen her on television being interviewed for shows like American Justice, Cold Case Files, etc., when they were profiling specific cases that she was involved in. Speaking of those shoes, Tracy Corey who is Kentucky's Chief Medical Examiner has also been on those shows.
I think

London, KY

#276 Sep 10, 2008
Emily Craig is a forensic anthropologist,therefore she studies skeletal remains to identify them not really a csi if you will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
zionism = racism (Jun '09) 48 min John whang 42
paving companies 50 min John whang 2
John little metal midget whang 52 min John whang 30
1970s Scotties Restaurant! (Jun '09) 56 min John whang 210
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 57 min Chalupa Batgirl 167,859
Nothing but sluts in somerset (Apr '09) 57 min John whang 53
Kingsford 59 min John whang 79

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages