Only The Truth

Somerset, KY

#196 Aug 31, 2008
true wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, that is true. The story about Richard Cundiff being involved is false. Everyone thought he was involved somehow because his father used to give Linda money. He had cancelled checks where he had given Linda money because she just never had much money. There isn't any truth to the Cundiffs being involved. The best that I remember was that there wasn't any physical evidence to charge the Abbott man with the murders. You can't get a grand jury to indict people on suspicion. It is very sad that no one has served time in jail for this. There were 3 police departments working this case. I know that they diligently stayed on it but the physical evidence wasn't there. Doug Nelson was very involved. I would think that he would be glad to talk to any of the family/friends if they felt that they wanted to actually hear from him where it stands and why it stands where it does.
True, you apparently haven't a clue as to what you are talking about when you say that Richard Cundiff was not somehow involved in the brutal murders!!! I assure you that if I didn't have my facts straight I would never make an accusation like this about anyone, NEVER !!!Prior to C.K. Cundiff's death he was only sick for a very short time, during that time I suppose he felt he had to tell the truth to someone/anyone to relieve his conscious. He told the entire story and about how it nearly broke him to pay off so many people in this county to keep Richard from being charged with the murders, not that he specifically cared about Richard being sentenced to prison, but to protect his family name. You as well as every other citizen of this county would be extremely shocked to know all of the officials/employees that were paid off to cover it up. In the beginning there were people mentioning Mr. Cundiff's name as being involved in the actual murder's, but this was totally false he was actually in Florida at the time. I also know for a fact that this info. has been reported anomously many times to the authorities, however there were never any charges made against Richard. This is one case that will continue to be unsolved especially ow that Mr. Cundiff is no longer with us.
Only The Truth

Somerset, KY

#197 Aug 31, 2008
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam Catron was NOT queer! And, C.K. Cundiff had nothing to do with the murders.
Not True, you apparently haven't a clue as to what you are talking about when you say that Richard Cundiff was not somehow involved in the brutal murders!!! I assure you that if I didn't have my facts straight I would never make an accusation like this about anyone, NEVER !!!Prior to C.K. Cundiff's death he was only sick for a very short time, during that time I suppose he felt he had to tell the truth to someone/anyone to relieve his conscious. He told the entire story and about how it nearly broke him to pay off so many people in this county to keep Richard from being charged with the murders, not that he specifically cared about Richard being sentenced to prison, but to protect his family name. You as well as every other citizen of this county would be extremely shocked to know all of the officials/employees that were paid off to cover it up. In the beginning there were people mentioning Mr. Cundiff's name as being involved in the actual murder's, but this was totally false he was actually in Florida at the time. I also know for a fact that this info. has been reported anomously many times to the authorities, however there were never any charges made against Richard. This is one case that will continue to be unsolved especially ow that Mr. Cundiff is no longer with us.
curious kid

United States

#198 Aug 31, 2008
I didn't see any comments about Larry Weddle on here. He was murdered in 2002. Does anybody know anything about that case? Or did any of you know him?
IKNOW

Somerset, KY

#199 Aug 31, 2008
MMB wrote:
I went to the website for the Sheriff's dept. and there is nothing about the girl found in the alley by cundiff square as being on the unsolved mysteries board or whatever. Guess they know who did it, and he's dead so they just left it alone huh?
the girl in the alley was not a murder case she killed hersel. her name was tonya. she got messed up with the wrong people and too many drugs. and as far as the video with the animals go tha wa jerry mckinny and some girl melody. tonya was found in the alley and the cops said it was suicide others say she was killed and they just made it look that way but it never was a murder investigation.
youre wrong

London, KY

#200 Aug 31, 2008
Only The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not True, you apparently haven't a clue as to what you are talking about when you say that Richard Cundiff was not somehow involved in the brutal murders!!! I assure you that if I didn't have my facts straight I would never make an accusation like this about anyone, NEVER !!!Prior to C.K. Cundiff's death he was only sick for a very short time, during that time I suppose he felt he had to tell the truth to someone/anyone to relieve his conscious. He told the entire story and about how it nearly broke him to pay off so many people in this county to keep Richard from being charged with the murders, not that he specifically cared about Richard being sentenced to prison, but to protect his family name. You as well as every other citizen of this county would be extremely shocked to know all of the officials/employees that were paid off to cover it up. In the beginning there were people mentioning Mr. Cundiff's name as being involved in the actual murder's, but this was totally false he was actually in Florida at the time. I also know for a fact that this info. has been reported anomously many times to the authorities, however there were never any charges made against Richard. This is one case that will continue to be unsolved especially ow that Mr. Cundiff is no longer with us.
This is not true. And he didn't nearly go broke! That is hilarious if you think he nearly went broke paying people off. If you know this for a fact, go tell Doug Nelson. Or better yet, go to the Supreme Court Justice with your facts.
LexingtonLady

Alliance, OH

#201 Aug 31, 2008
I was living in Somerset at that time and remember it well. There were all sorts of rumors flying around at the time. There were racial and drug overtones. It didn't help that the last place they were seen was the Minut Mart where a lot of deals (of all sorts of nature) go down.

Personally, I think if it had been one of the local princesses from a prominent family, the thing would have been solved.
Stephanie New

Lavon, TX

#202 Aug 31, 2008
LexingtonLady wrote:
I was living in Somerset at that time and remember it well. There were all sorts of rumors flying around at the time. There were racial and drug overtones. It didn't help that the last place they were seen was the Minut Mart where a lot of deals (of all sorts of nature) go down.
Personally, I think if it had been one of the local princesses from a prominent family, the thing would have been solved.
I totally agree
hamster

Somerset, KY

#203 Aug 31, 2008
you are so right.that was the kind of gruesome double murder that should have made national headlines.most of the people on here do have the facts straight.also theare were thousands of dollors exchanged.i know most people on here knows who received the most.nobody wants to say it.please lets not post it.
I Know My Facts Do You

Somerset, KY

#204 Aug 31, 2008
youre wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not true. And he didn't nearly go broke! That is hilarious if you think he nearly went broke paying people off. If you know this for a fact, go tell Doug Nelson. Or better yet, go to the Supreme Court Justice with your facts.
Your'e Wrong, well you are apparently are the one that does not know their facts!! Yes C.K. did go nearly broke ofter paying off officials to keep this quiet, I know this ABSOLUTELY is the truth and did you ever stop to think that I just may be a family member that keeps persisting to tell you that I do have my facts straight!! As far as Doug Nelson goes this all happened when he was just a patrol man but he was very much aware of it as well, maybe not the fact of who was being bought off just that people actually were. There were city and county employees that were involved. As I stated previously the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office, SPD and KY State Police have been tipped many times but the investigation SEEMS to always just go away!!! Makes one wonder doesn't it and again I cannot stress to you enough that I do indeed no my facts.
siddymae

Manchester, KY

#205 Aug 31, 2008
I Know My Facts Do You wrote:
<quoted text>
Your'e Wrong, well you are apparently are the one that does not know their facts!! Yes C.K. did go nearly broke ofter paying off officials to keep this quiet, I know this ABSOLUTELY is the truth and did you ever stop to think that I just may be a family member that keeps persisting to tell you that I do have my facts straight!! As far as Doug Nelson goes this all happened when he was just a patrol man but he was very much aware of it as well, maybe not the fact of who was being bought off just that people actually were. There were city and county employees that were involved. As I stated previously the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office, SPD and KY State Police have been tipped many times but the investigation SEEMS to always just go away!!! Makes one wonder doesn't it and again I cannot stress to you enough that I do indeed no my facts.
could you report this to the FBI?
Did you ever see money exchanged?

Im not being smart I am just wondering we may have something here.
Janie

Alliance, OH

#206 Aug 31, 2008
A lot of time has passed since the crime. Many of the law enforcement cast of characters are now dead or unavailable for one reason or another. For the most part, we are now dealing with second hand, hear say information.

If it was going to be solved, it would have happened years ago, sad to say.
red dress

Corbin, KY

#207 Aug 31, 2008
it really isn't because the cops didn' do their job.i think that someone important had the investigation stopped.we all have heard the rumours as to who.i think it speaks bad for the people involved then and now in our local goverment not to step up and put the ones who did this in prison.i think more than one was involved.i place the blame for letting the killer or killers go scot free on our elected officials.they are not doing their jobs.the ones rumoured to have done this is of low intelligence so therefore they were not smart enough to cover their tracks.sam catron should have in my opion solved this.all people i have talked to feel this way .
Stephanie New wrote:
The law just doesnt care about this case and thats all there is to it. This happend 14 years ago somerset is a pretty small community it really doesnt take a genius to figure out who the murderers are. And so what if my mom was one of those people you would consider "low class" and Cody was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, a dog doesnt even deserve to die the way they did, and whoever killed them I hope it haunts them everyday of their life, and when they die judgement day has a select place for them.
connected

London, KY

#208 Aug 31, 2008
I Know My Facts Do You wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mean to be a smart a$$, but I am connected to some law enforcement (not the local people), but higher up. I am going to set up a meeting with a certain connection in Frankfort with the information that has been exchanged here. I would like to see it resolved one way or another. So, I will have them get a court order to retrieve the records of where these "posts" have come from. Then, you can tell him these facts that you know. Then, someone will possibly be arrested for the murder and the law enforcement personnel in Pulaski County arrested for the crime of bribery and it will blow it all out of the water. It seems to me that if some of you know that people have been paid off, you would have gone to someone higher up to report it, etc.
siddymae

Manchester, KY

#209 Aug 31, 2008
thank you jesus
David

Corbin, KY

#210 Aug 31, 2008
Name: Linda Gibson
DOB: Nov 23, 1973
Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 165 pounds
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Complexion: Medium
----------
Name: Cody Lee Garrett
DOB: Aug 10, 1989
Sex: Male
Height: 3'0"
Weight: 45 pounds
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Summary of unsolved case
Double Murder - July 7, 1994
Victims:
Linda Gibson
Cody Lee Garrett
Linda and Cody were last seen walking in the area of the Dairy Mart on Bourne Ave in Somerset, KY on July 3, 1994. After they failed to return home, family members reported them missing the following day to the Somerset Police Department.
On July 7, 1994 the bodies of both Linda and Cody were discovered in a remote area just outside the city limits of Somerset. They were found in high weeds along a fence row at the edge of a field.
The investigation found that the two had been murdered at an unknown location and that their bodies had been dumped at the site where they were found. The area of discovery is approximately 2 miles from the Bourne Ave area where they were last seen.
An investigation led by the Pulaski Sheriff's Department along with the Somerset Police Department and the FBI has been ongoing since the discovery. Although no arrests have been made, the investigation has uncovered possible suspects and investigators have been concentrating on those leads.
If you have any information in this case, please contact the Pulaski County Sheriff's Department with your information. You may remain anonymous if you wish by leaving your information on our Tip Page.
You may be eligible for a cash reward if your information leads to the arrest and/or conviction of the person or persons responsible for this crime.
----------
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
Sheriff Todd Wood
Or
Detective John Hutchinson
Or leave a tip on our Tip Page
Pulaski County Sheriff's Department
P.O Box 752
Somerset, Ky 42502
Or contact your local law enforcement agency and give them your information.
David

Corbin, KY

#211 Aug 31, 2008
Regina Renee Cox
Missing August 23, 1997
Nickname: Reggie
DOB: July 10, 1979
POB: Hamilton County, Ohio
Sex: Female
Height: 5'2"
Weight: Approximately 107 pounds
Hair: Brown, shoulder length
Eyes: Green
Complexion: Fair/Light
Distinguishing Features: Regina has scars on her right elbow and right wrist.
Regina was last seen leaving the parking lot of the Armed Services Recruiting Station in Somerset, Kentucky about 11:30 AM on August 23, 1997. She was driving a white Chevrolet Cavalier and it was later found at the Wal-Mart parking lot in Somerset approximately 1 mile from the recruiting station at about 5:30 AM on August 24, 1997. Inside her locked car, her mother found her purse, drivers license, money and other personal items. All that was missing were her car keys. She was last seen wearing a tie dyed T-shirt, blue jeans, and sandals.
If you have any information into Regina's disappearance, please contact:
Sheriff Todd Wood
Or
Detective Scott Trotter
P.O Box 752
Somerset, Ky 42502
David

Corbin, KY

#212 Aug 31, 2008
Summary of unsolved case
Murder - Dec 8, 2002
Victim: Lawrence “Pete” Weddle
On December 8, 2002 the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department responded to the home of Lawrence “Pete” Weddle on South Highway 1247 (Cedar Grove Road) just south of Somerset. Weddle was found dead in his home as the result of a gunshot wound.
Investigators believe Weddle was killed by someone close to him such as a family friend or neighbor. The investigation has resulted in the identification of a suspect but detectives need more information in order to file charges against that person.
If you have any information into the murder of Weddle, please contact the Sheriff’s Department. You may remain anonymous if you wish.
Sheriff Todd Wood
P.O Box 752
Somerset, Ky 42502

David

Corbin, KY

#213 Aug 31, 2008

Summary of unsolved case
Missing Person
Victim: Leroy Price

On April 21, 2003 54 year old Leroy Price went missing from his home on Price Valley Road in eastern Pulaski County. Leroy did not own a vehicle and was usually seen in the community riding his bicycle. His brother last saw him around 10 AM on a Monday morning and 30 minutes later he was gone. Leroy has not been seen since.

An extensive ground search was conducted in the woods surrounding Leroy’s home by emergency workers and volunteers using trained tracking and cadaver dogs. That search revealed no trace of Leroy.

At the time of his disappearance, Leroy was 54 years old, stood 5’10” and weighed 180 pounds. His bicycle was left at home so his mode of transportation is not known.

If you have any information into the disappearance of Leroy Price, please contact the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department. You may remain anonymous if you wish.

Sheriff Todd Wood

P.O Box 752
Somerset, Ky 42502

David

Corbin, KY

#214 Aug 31, 2008
Summary of unsolved case
Unidentified W/F Body Found
Victim: "Name Unknown"

ON July 2, 1995, the skeletal remains of a white female were found by hunters along a rural gravel road in western Pulaski County. Below is the descriptive information as determined by Pathologist Dr. Emily Craig with the Kentucky State Medical Examiner's Office.

The location of the discovery was near the Cumberland Parkway in Southern Kentucky approximately 5 miles (by air) from the Somerset City Limits. To access the rural road, one would have to travel less than 2 miles from the intersection of the Cumberland Parkway. Somerset is located 80 miles south of Lexington Ky. Other roads of access are: US Hwy 27, Ky Hwy 80, Interstate 75, and Interstate 65.

The above pictures are a facial reconstruction only and are not intended to be a photograph of the victim. They are a likeness only and are here to assist in her identification.

If you have any information in this case, please contact the Pulaski County Sheriff's Department

Name: Unknown

Height: Approximately 5'1" - 5'2"

Hair: Short Brown

Dentition: Evidence of previous dental care

Bone Features: Evidence of Synovial Joint Pathology, A systemic joint disease most likely affected the movement and strength in both wrists.

Time Since Death: 10 months to 3 years,(within a range of 6 months to 5 years)

Clothing: Found with the remains are a red spandex top, short blue skirt, and white tennis shoes

Sheriff Todd Wood

P.O Box 752
Somerset, Ky 42502

angelaspearsblan d

Manchester, KY

#215 Aug 31, 2008
one thing is they might not get punished here but when these people that did linda and cody that way they will answer to the lord and we all know they will burn in hell !!! my real father got murdered in 1978!by some people who lives in nancy and somerset!they drug my father on 80 with a log chain hit him in the head with hammers!left him to die!there was people who went to jail stayed no more then 6 months and it was all forgot about i was 6 months old!through life i have missed the part of him my children ask questions and what bothers me the most is you shouldnt do a wet dead dog like they did him!i see everyone of them living life to the fullest i had so much hatered in me at one time and a preacher told me angela they might be happy and they might can live with this awful thing but one day they are going to hell for takeing your fathers life!i think of what he told me each and everyday.and i know thats when they gotta pay there price!my fathers murder was really gross like linda and codys how on earth can people live with there self and lay down every night ?ill never know!knowing what they have done!people that does stuff like this plus covered something like this up will all have to pay thier price!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 19 min Chilli J 136,550
Crackers Neck and Dry Hole 3 hr Bonton 7
Just how rude are Wal-mart employees 5 hr Sam 8
~~*last post wins*~~ (Mar '11) 6 hr MrsGladToBeMe 14,955
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 6 hr Red_Forman 11,099
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 14 hr gladthelakeisback 25,796
Sinkhole at the Playground-Cumberland Manor 16 hr amanda 2
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]