Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Summary of unsolved case
Double Murder - July 7, 1994
Victims:
Linda Gibson
Cody Lee Garrett

Linda and Cody were last seen walking in the area of the Dairy Mart on Bourne Ave in Somerset, KY on July 3, 1994. After they failed to return home, family members reported them missing the following day to the Somerset Police Department.

On July 7, 1994 the bodies of both Linda and Cody were discovered in a remote area just outside the city limits of Somerset. They were found in high weeds along a fence row at the edge of a field.

The investigation found that the two had been murdered at an unknown location and that their bodies had been dumped at the site where they were found. The area of discovery is approximately 2 miles from the Bourne Ave area where they were last seen.

An investigation led by the Pulaski Sheriff's Department along with the Somerset Police Department and the FBI has been ongoing since the discovery. Although no arrests have been made, the investigation has uncovered possible suspects and investigators have been concentrating on those leads.

I wish they would update us on this.

What are everyones thoughts on this case?
With this town being so small someone has to know something.

And the Regina Cox case as well. Its kind of like they have been forgotten.

These 2 cases run through my mind all the time. I feel so much sorrow for the families. I pray that they get closure.
Waxy Earz

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Was this Cody a child? Doesnt the family members push investigators to reopen the case?
You're right this is sad. With a small gossipy community, I am sure someone knows something!

I would love an update also.
Hugawolf

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

The second crime scene was completely adulterated. It was like a county tractor pull out there that hot July evening as dozens of curiosity seekers converged on the location of the bodies. It was only after SPD determined that the bodies were located a few feet out in county jurisdiction that the Sheriff's Office was handed the task of determining "who done it". There is little hope for any closure to this sad story. More, maybe later.
No Doubt

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

The case is still open, it has never been closed.
Waxy Earz

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

I didnt know it was still an open case. I was going by the subject.
This is the kinda thread that is interesting. Thanks for putting this info on here.

Since: Apr 08

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

of course there has been rumors about the double murder. saying that CK Cundiff was the murderer. I was only 12 when it happened and ever since then it crosses my mind from time to time. I know the little boys father and what would have been his brother.

I do believe someone higher up has kept a secret somewhere along the way. this town was even tinier back then so someone in this town knows. It kinda scares me to be honest.

I have had dreams about wanting to solve this case I have contacted a couple of places through the past couple of years to come in and investigate but nothing.

I want to know how much DNA was collected and can they not run that through the system now?
Knows

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Siddymae...from what I understand, some of the Abbotts had a hand in this. Someone I know really well says she knows alot about it because she knew Linda and what all was going on.

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

hmmm ....

this really needs to be brought to someones attention to get it back out in the open again. No one ever talks about it anymore. either case.

Since: Mar 08

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

yeah siddy maybe you were the one that kill them that is why you are bringing it up now for attention. hmmmmmmm.
Waxy Earz

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

majesticname wrote:
yeah siddy maybe you were the one that kill them that is why you are bringing it up now for attention. hmmmmmmm.
Thanks for gracing us with you humor! Thats all this conversation was lacking.
I see you're needing attention, well I just gave it to you.

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

ok so anyway this is a serious topic. and that wasnt even remotely witty.
Knows

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Siddy....I also know the person who discovered the bodies VERY well. They were walking in the field and happened upon the scene. They were just teens at the time. Man, I wish I could say more. I agree that they need to open it back up. As I said earlier, I had always been under the impression that one of the Abbotts had actually been put in jail over it. I have also heard about the Cundiff connection.

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

I always heard that there were some very bad things done to the bodies. I would never want to see the crime scene photos thats for sure.

I know there are hundreds maybe even thousands of cold cases in the US but like i said i have had dreams about this and I feel like I need to help push the issue to get a little further in the solving of this case. I dont know maybe I am just crazy.

And I am sure people through out time havent really cared much because they were considered "lower class" and of course the child was Bi-racial but surely our little town is passed that mentality. race or class shouldnt play a part in the effort to solve this cold case. Im not saying everyone had thought that but it has been a question in my mind.

I contacted wkyt a few months ago when they were doing cold case specials around KY but they never responded. I also posted on A&E's discussion board maybe someone somewhere that has the ability to solve cases will want to help.
sammy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

My mother n law was friends with Linda. I do wish they would find who did it!
STACY

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2008

Judged:

Hi everyone..Linda's brother works for my husband, he said some of the most horibble things you could ever think of were done to this woman and poor little boy. Sometimes I am ashamed to say I live here in Somerset. My dad is a paramedic and knows lots of the police here, there are so many things that happen that we dont even hear about. I do wish this case along with lots others would be solved! It is a sad, sad thing!! If they arent brought to justice in this life, they will in the next.
Waxy Earz

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2008

Judged:

siddymae wrote:
I always heard that there were some very bad things done to the bodies. I would never want to see the crime scene photos thats for sure.
I know there are hundreds maybe even thousands of cold cases in the US but like i said i have had dreams about this and I feel like I need to help push the issue to get a little further in the solving of this case. I dont know maybe I am just crazy.

And I am sure people through out time havent really cared much because they were considered "lower class" and of course the child was Bi-racial but surely our little town is passed that mentality. race or class shouldnt play a part in the effort to solve this cold case. Im not saying everyone had thought that but it has been a question in my mind.
I contacted wkyt a few months ago when they were doing cold case specials around KY but they never responded. I also posted on A&E's discussion board maybe someone somewhere that has the ability to solve cases will want to help.
I commend your effort on the steps you've taken, to get this crime solved! NO, you're not crazy, just a caring human! It sounds like if you were an investigator this WOULD be solved!! I agree with your above statement about it being scary! You never know, who did it! We could've ALL shaken hands with this murderer, or set by him at church, or gave him our parking spot at walmart! You just never know! Note: I use the term 'him' lightly, it could also be a woman..
ASHLEY COMPTON

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2008

IVE ALSO THOUGHT OF THIS CASE MANY TIMES AS WELL..AND OF COURSE HEARD ALL THE RUMORS ABOUT IT..AND IT IS A DAMN SHAME ..IF THAT CHILD HAD BEEN WHITE..AND SHE HADNT OF BEEN WHAT PEOPLE WANNA CALL WHITE TRASH<WHICH I AM NOT SAYING SHE WAS>,,,I BELIEVE THIS CAES WOULD OF BEEN SOLVED BY NOW..I ALSO BELIEVE IT WAS SOMEONE HIGHER UP THAT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS.THEY BELIEVED NO ONE WOULD CARE OR EVEN TRY TO SOLVE THIS CASE..THE COLD HEARTED SON OF A BITCH THAT DONE THIS NEEDS TO SUFFER...I ALSO THINK ITS WEIRD THAT THEY LEFT THE BODIES IN THAT LOCATION..SO THEY WANTEED THEM TO BE FOUND..AND THEY WERE SHOWIN SOMEONE HOW SICK IN THE HEAD THAT THEY WERE..THAT WAY MAYBE THAT 1 JUST ONE PERSON THAT KNEW WHAT WAS DONE WOULD NOT COME FORTH DUE TO BEING SCARED THAT THEY WOULD DO THAT TO THEM...<I ALSO HEARD...THAT SHE WAS DOING STUFF WITH SOME OFFICERS AND LAWERS AROUND TOWN...MAYBE THATS WHY NOTHING HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP OR DONE ABOUT THIS CASE OF A NICE WOMEN AND SMALL CHILD.WHO DONE NOTHING TO DESERVE WHAT THEY GOT..I WAS TOLD BY A FRIEND OF MINE THAT THE POLICE HAD WENT IN ON CK AND FOUND EVIDENCE BUT SINCE THEY DIDNT HAVE A SEARCH WARRENT THEY HAD TO THROW OUT THE EVIDENCE..NOT SURE IF THIS IS TRUE CAUSE IT IS HEAR SAY..I WILL POST MORE LATER IF I FIND ANYTHING OUT..CODY AND LINDAS FAMILY NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO HAVE SOME PEACE ON THIS HORRIBLE CRIME..
lily girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2008

siddymae wrote:
Summary of unsolved case
Double Murder - July 7, 1994
Victims:
Linda Gibson
Cody Lee Garrett
Linda and Cody were last seen walking in the area of the Dairy Mart on Bourne Ave in Somerset, KY on July 3, 1994. After they failed to return home, family members reported them missing the following day to the Somerset Police Department.
On July 7, 1994 the bodies of both Linda and Cody were discovered in a remote area just outside the city limits of Somerset. They were found in high weeds along a fence row at the edge of a field.
The investigation found that the two had been murdered at an unknown location and that their bodies had been dumped at the site where they were found. The area of discovery is approximately 2 miles from the Bourne Ave area where they were last seen.
An investigation led by the Pulaski Sheriff's Department along with the Somerset Police Department and the FBI has been ongoing since the discovery. Although no arrests have been made, the investigation has uncovered possible suspects and investigators have been concentrating on those leads.
And the Regina Cox case as well. Its kind of like they have been forgotten.
These 2 cases run through my mind all the time. I feel so much sorrow for the families. I pray that they get closure.
This is so odd on the same day this was posted we were talking about the same cases and how they had not been solved. This is something that everyone in this town knows about and all can say the exact names that was posted
agree

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2008

ASHLEY COMPTON wrote:
IVE ALSO THOUGHT OF THIS CASE MANY TIMES AS WELL..AND OF COURSE HEARD ALL THE RUMORS ABOUT IT..AND IT IS A DAMN SHAME ..IF THAT CHILD HAD BEEN WHITE..AND SHE HADNT OF BEEN WHAT PEOPLE WANNA CALL WHITE TRASH<WHICH I AM NOT SAYING SHE WAS>,,,I BELIEVE THIS CAES WOULD OF BEEN SOLVED BY NOW..I ALSO BELIEVE IT WAS SOMEONE HIGHER UP THAT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS.THEY BELIEVED NO ONE WOULD CARE OR EVEN TRY TO SOLVE THIS CASE..THE COLD HEARTED SON OF A BITCH THAT DONE THIS NEEDS TO SUFFER...I ALSO THINK ITS WEIRD THAT THEY LEFT THE BODIES IN THAT LOCATION..SO THEY WANTEED THEM TO BE FOUND..AND THEY WERE SHOWIN SOMEONE HOW SICK IN THE HEAD THAT THEY WERE..THAT WAY MAYBE THAT 1 JUST ONE PERSON THAT KNEW WHAT WAS DONE WOULD NOT COME FORTH DUE TO BEING SCARED THAT THEY WOULD DO THAT TO THEM...<I ALSO HEARD...THAT SHE WAS DOING STUFF WITH SOME OFFICERS AND LAWERS AROUND TOWN...MAYBE THATS WHY NOTHING HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP OR DONE ABOUT THIS CASE OF A NICE WOMEN AND SMALL CHILD.WHO DONE NOTHING TO DESERVE WHAT THEY GOT..I WAS TOLD BY A FRIEND OF MINE THAT THE POLICE HAD WENT IN ON CK AND FOUND EVIDENCE BUT SINCE THEY DIDNT HAVE A SEARCH WARRENT THEY HAD TO THROW OUT THE EVIDENCE..NOT SURE IF THIS IS TRUE CAUSE IT IS HEAR SAY..I WILL POST MORE LATER IF I FIND ANYTHING OUT..CODY AND LINDAS FAMILY NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO HAVE SOME PEACE ON THIS HORRIBLE CRIME..
I agree 100% with everything you said, I too believe someone higher up was involved thats why its never been solved.
Waxy Earz

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2008

agree wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100% with everything you said, I too believe someone higher up was involved thats why its never been solved.
I am interested in this case, but I havent lived in Pulaski for a long time. I do not know those that have been suspects. < even if it is just the publics suspision> Is this person, that is higher, a cop or what? You dont have to say any names I just wonder what position he holds or held.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of589
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Somerset Forum right now

Search the Somerset Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min ChromiuMan 127,862
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr Trouser Cough 19,800
the music thread (Jan '12) 5 hr _Dumpling_ 436
lost callico 7 hr gladthelakeisback 2
Restaurants that take EBT cards "foodstamps" (Feb '11) 9 hr CTT 870
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 9 hr ques 1,008
Somerset Community College may have to close do... 9 hr Pug lover 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Somerset Jobs

•••