Send FEEDBACK!!! (about removed threads)

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#1 Feb 15, 2013
Report abuse in the forums. In the post link, paste " http://www.topix.com/forum/city/somerset-ky/T... ;

and in the body ask why this thread was removed!

It didn't violate Topix TOS at all! It was simply a thread discussing the lack of activity here recently, yet for some reason it has been removed in its entirety.

Don't let the controlling few run this place down. Ask Topix why this thread was removed and show your disapproval!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
stupid thread

Hopkinsville, KY

#2 Feb 15, 2013
grow up!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#3 Feb 15, 2013
stupid thread wrote:
grow up!
Never!

=D
Yeah

Butler, KY

#4 Feb 16, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
Report abuse in the forums. In the post link, paste " http://www.topix.com/forum/city/somerset-ky/T... ;
and in the body ask why this thread was removed!
It didn't violate Topix TOS at all! It was simply a thread discussing the lack of activity here recently, yet for some reason it has been removed in its entirety.
Don't let the controlling few run this place down. Ask Topix why this thread was removed and show your disapproval!
This is a good effort. From the number of negative judge it's it seems we'll have some competition. I'm on slow internet out here and have been unable to get a response on feedback. I'm curious to see what kind of response you get.
On the Somerset forum we have deletions of posts and threads for the purpose of censorship. It violates the entire reason that topix exists. Our local censors take advantage of the fact that the real topix mods are spread thin. They use abuse reporting to censor and conceal local news.

“"No Sleep, 'til Brooklyn!"”

Level 1

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#5 Feb 16, 2013
When I get the time and get to a computer I will. I've been contemplating doing so for a while. This stuff is getting old.
Yeah

Butler, KY

#7 Feb 16, 2013
Meat Straw wrote:
I even posted a bible story, Genesis 19, in that thread and it was still deleted. I lost a lot of posts and a few threads last night. None of those violated the TOS so it is what it is. They even got my permalink thread, danm Nazis.
If you guys don't care, would you cut and paste the response you get from topix?
The serial abuse reporters like to come on here and imply that it's the topix mods doing the deleting but that's total BS. I've been to other forums and there is no deleting of anything. These little local junior communists need to have their wings clipped.
I'm hoping that topix sees the damage that they've done to Somerset's usage and bans them.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#11 Feb 16, 2013
Welllll , I'ma duly initiated member of the TURDS -(Topix Users Rock , Dude) - I take personal exception to deleting anythang except personal attacks or extreme vulgarity - Now I'm hongry again -

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#14 Feb 17, 2013
No reply from Topix HQ yet. Hope you all are sending in your complaints. The sad state of Somerset Topix won't change unless Topix HQ is made aware of the abuses that occur here.

Level 3

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#17 Feb 17, 2013
Too many deletions. What are some so terrified of?
Old

Beattyville, KY

#20 Feb 18, 2013
By and large the things that I've noticed that get deleted are things that lower the IQ bar anyway, so I don't miss the stuff that get's deleted.
Westwood

London, KY

#23 Feb 18, 2013
Old wrote:
By and large the things that I've noticed that get deleted are things that lower the IQ bar anyway, so I don't miss the stuff that get's deleted.
I think you're mostly right, I'll agree.
yeah so okay

Hopkinsville, KY

#24 Feb 18, 2013
bronston dude is on another string getting all pissed about ppls mug shots on here and says the company is scamming money from ppl. now why isnt he doing any thing about that? this crew is acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. bronston dudes remarks used to be a good read but not so much any more. now i know why and the reason must be double standards. you only want what you want on here but you forget that you dont own topics.

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#25 Feb 18, 2013
yeah so okay wrote:
bronston dude is on another string getting all pissed about ppls mug shots on here and says the company is scamming money from ppl. now why isnt he doing any thing about that? this crew is acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. bronston dudes remarks used to be a good read but not so much any more. now i know why and the reason must be double standards. you only want what you want on here but you forget that you dont own topics.
One, it's thread not string.

Two, it is explicitly against Topix TOS to advertise a for-profit website on Topix. That thread should be removed.

Three, if you think it is okay for a blackmail website to post pictures of innocent people in mugshots in an attempt to extort them, then you're a sorry excuse for a human being.

Forth, you've never liked my postings. That is why this thread is filled with nuts and red x's. I rubbed you and your congregation the wrong way during the wet/dry vote, now you're butthurt and sniping from the sidelines.

Get back junior.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#26 Feb 18, 2013
Done......

Level 8

Location hidden

#27 Feb 19, 2013
Good morning to the Invisible Deleter - I now delete you - HAND -
(Have a nice day)-
Yeah

Butler, KY

#31 Feb 19, 2013
Anybody heard from topix?

Level 8

Location hidden

#32 Feb 19, 2013
Yeah wrote:
We're probably gettin' deleted before the posts make it to the Mods - We're at the mercy of a deleter - What to do ?- I'ma gonna hava sandwich -

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Location hidden

#34 Feb 19, 2013
Yeah wrote:
I got a "no reply" email at this point saying thanks for the feedback...I requested a mod show up and explain themselves or explain the buffoon ....fat chance, I know. I'll post up any responses I get, if any.....
Yeah

Butler, KY

#37 Feb 20, 2013
and... This thread is a perfect example of the censorship they use. Deleting posts just because they don't like the nature of the discussion. Half the posts on this thread gone without any explanation as to why.
It wouldn't surprise me to find out that some kid is messing around on their parents computer and deleting posts like cyber vandalism. It makes no sense to advertise a discussion forum then rip the discussions apart by taking down the posts.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Location hidden

#38 Feb 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
and... This thread is a perfect example of the censorship they use. Deleting posts just because they don't like the nature of the discussion. Half the posts on this thread gone without any explanation as to why.
It wouldn't surprise me to find out that some kid is messing around on their parents computer and deleting posts like cyber vandalism. It makes no sense to advertise a discussion forum then rip the discussions apart by taking down the posts.
There was not one single post in this thread that violated the TOS....nor were there any in the two threads that totally disappeared .....free speech is being trampled on, no two ways about it. These weren't trash threads about who's cheating who, or who's a pillhead. They were LEGITIMATE discussions about censorship run amuck on here. They evidently ruffled some feathers. Talk about a big baby! In that sense, your kid theory adds up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congrats to the Black Pistons MC! U R now a gang! (Sep '09) 38 min wang 213
New China Buffet 59 min wang 6
Thanksgiving help for single people 1 hr wang 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr spaceship 131,617
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr Ricky F 22,204
Somerset city WiFi on the air 5 hr gladthelakeisback 3
How much authority does a constable have? (Jan '10) 6 hr constable 96
No indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brow... 7 hr libs always lie 25
Somerset Dating
Find my Match