Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Best used auto dealer is Gary Sears Auto sales
Old

Racine, OH

#3 Feb 22, 2013
James Smith in Somerset as long as you don't take possession of the car until whatever you and he agrees to fix or alter on the car is actually done. When you drive off the lot it's yours. However from a price standpoint he's good and he's not a hard sell talk you into something you don't want kind of guy. Main problem is small selection and he is very slow about updating his website for inventory. Over the years I've probably bought half my vehicles from him. No problem with regular sedans and trucks. When he had the style of vehicle that I was looking for it was always the best value but he couldn't get a used hybrid within the year my wife wanted one. We do like that 45 miles per gallon.
Harvickrocks

London, KY

#4 Feb 22, 2013
Gary sears has the best prices & very honest. He has the best deals up & down & all around.
Yeah

Lexington, KY

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Harvickrocks wrote:
Gary sears has the best prices & very honest. He has the best deals up & down & all around.
Yep.
retiredman

Harrogate, TN

#6 Feb 22, 2013
I like Hollands on hwy 90 the cars are the best nice people. Little high but last twice as long. I used to buy 2 cars a year now i have not had to buy a car for the last two years so i guess you could say the car was cheap.
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#7 Feb 22, 2013
ive had great luck with toyota of somerset.. i have two vehicles from them and they back up what they sell and i have got good service from them so far. also they have not worked on a problem and charged me for it.. they fixed what was wrong in first place.
Old

Racine, OH

#8 Feb 22, 2013
manfromthewest wrote:
ive had great luck with toyota of somerset.. i have two vehicles from them and they back up what they sell and i have got good service from them so far. also they have not worked on a problem and charged me for it.. they fixed what was wrong in first place.
Service and maintenence is a good point and I have to agree about Toyota being the best for that
Hmmmm

United States

#9 Feb 22, 2013
I went to Danville, it's was at Bob Allen's used lot. I saved a little money going up there and I liked them.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#10 Feb 22, 2013
Time being gotta stick with Alton Blakley for new or used -
maybe

Bulan, KY

#11 Feb 22, 2013
Carson Atwood, Cars etc... next to Harts Motorsports.
Manfromhere

Somerset, KY

#12 Feb 22, 2013
There is no such thing s an honest car dealer!
Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#13 Feb 23, 2013
You have been dealing with the wrong dealers.
carl
#14 Feb 23, 2013
Ive had good luck with Boyds but im not sure hes still open. The name on the building changed so I dont know if different owners or what. Dave Hall and McAlpin hall are also fair i hear.
yessss

London, KY

#16 Feb 24, 2013
all want to make money and will tell you anything to get yours
whatttt

London, KY

#18 Feb 24, 2013
yessss wrote:
all want to make money and will tell you anything to get yours
yes the truth hurts sometimes
Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#19 Feb 25, 2013
I always gotten a great buy from Gary and David Sears since moving back to Somerset in 1996, when they were on East Mt. Vernon Street.
I have traded a fleet of vehicles, Motor Homes, Boats, Motorcycles, go-carts, dune buggies, Scale model cars, Vans, trucks and Utility trailers, with 'em. I can truthfully say that I've never had a bad deal with neither one.
I'm still driving one car from 9-27-07 and a truck from 12-03-12. Bought 3 vehicles for my family last year.
But, hey, that's just me, You check 'em out for yourself, 4 miles east of Somerset.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Somerset

#20 Feb 25, 2013
Ive bought some used cards from McAlpin Hall and was happy but I don't think its the same people now just the name.

Boyds is the same people just different name.
news

Lexington, KY

#22 Feb 26, 2013
Jimmy at Don Franklin. I have bought 2 from him. Easy going , fun and low pressure. I won't buy from anyone else.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Somerset

#23 Mar 1, 2013
news wrote:
Jimmy at Don Franklin. I have bought 2 from him. Easy going , fun and low pressure. I won't buy from anyone else.
Ill second that. Jimmy is a good one.
yes

London, KY

#25 Mar 1, 2013
I bought one from him too. Great to deal with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire at Kroger 10 min Dude 3
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr Rickster-- 36,843
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Paul 166,312
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 2 hr Gunslinger45 13,660
Sick of you John whang! 2 hr Forsure 1
anti-vaxers are so stupid... 2 hr Buck Nekkid 3
Budget inn 3 hr Concerned citizen 1

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance