Somerset topix is done

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#61 May 3, 2013
I sent in Feedback, basically asking if moderation was an off-limits topic of discussion.

You all should do the same.
Tough Love

Somerset, KY

#62 May 3, 2013
It's become pretty clear that someone locally has an agenda. In comparison to other Topix city boards, Somerset is moderated in the extreme and inconsistently, at best. I still check in occasionally in the hope that Topix management has acknowledged and resolved the issue, but each time I find things even worse. And that's a shame, because we used to have some pretty lively and informative community related discussions.

“Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.” Henry Kissinger, from “And I Quote”
Hopper

United States

#63 May 3, 2013
If you want to see some that are under-moderated for comparison, look at Richmond and Danville. Let's hope Somerset's Topix never returns to something like that.
Tough Love

Somerset, KY

#64 May 3, 2013
I believe everyone should be civil when posting. I'm not talking about deleting posts which are defamatory, but rather those which express a reasoned opinion about a public figure or issues which are discussed in the press.

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#65 May 3, 2013
Tough Love wrote:
I believe everyone should be civil when posting. I'm not talking about deleting posts which are defamatory, but rather those which express a reasoned opinion about a public figure or issues which are discussed in the press.
Exactly. The board is better without threads about who's slutty at PCHS or who's wife is running around on them.

But politicians, news events, and public policy should all be fair game. Notice many posts about county politicians and their supporters disappear, but anything defamatory said about the mayor or city politicians remain. That should give readers a huge hint as to who is behind the moderation here.

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#66 May 3, 2013
Tough Love wrote:
How would anything think this post clueless or spam?

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#67 May 3, 2013
^anyone
Tough Love

Somerset, KY

#68 May 3, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
How would anything think this post clueless or spam?
Perhaps we hit a bit too close to the bone for comfort. If that's the case, then deletion is likely to follow.

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#81 May 3, 2013
Have you sent in feedback to Topix HQ yet?
pitbullie

Versailles, KY

#88 May 3, 2013
If you write anything specific about certain moneyed interests your post will disapear like snow in August
Hopper

United States

#95 May 3, 2013
If it's a legitimate question, here's a legitimate answer:

No.
Hopper

United States

#98 May 4, 2013
A bunch of posts got deleted overnight. Some people never learn when to stop slinging crap. They bordered real close on slander and libel.

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#99 May 4, 2013
Hopper wrote:
A bunch of posts got deleted overnight. Some people never learn when to stop slinging crap. They bordered real close on slander and libel.
The question is, who deleted them?

And none of it was close to slander. Libel? Debatable. It's only libel if it ain't true.
carson

Charlestown, IN

#111 May 4, 2013
Is post #100 still there?
carson

Charlestown, IN

#114 May 4, 2013
In response to post #112, it's odd how they try to run you off here, but will delete any mention of another forum. Real petty BS.
Remember keep reporting this activity to topix.
It will make a difference.
carson

Charlestown, IN

#115 May 4, 2013
In response to post #113

It disappeared for a few minutes.
say whut

Middlesboro, KY

#118 May 4, 2013
imagine making people register so you could keep the trolls out! how many of these right on here are from some vendictive little troll who's posting anonymosly? you might have just hit the nail on your own so called problem.

if you ppl hate all of the moderatings so bad then why is it that at least one of you keeps giving there employees out there a reason to have to do it over and over in the first place? thats what makes no sense to me.

somebody in california has probly got their self a big bonus check for these mega somerset zaps. wonder if they work on some kind of a rewarded pay scale for zaps vs bucks. if they do then i would be sitting on top of somerset to thanks to the person who keeps them in a job.

you cant talk about public or private people on here like that in a derogotory way and not excpect it to get took off. accusing somebody of cocaine and poking at some body over and over again like that makes it apparent that there is not any other reason then hating on them.

i hope we read about a law suit soon enough so we can find out who that poster is hehe. i cant wait to see if it does happen. i have saw a couple of the remarks before they got took off and i can say that the moderaters are doing what they are suposed to be doing because they were filthy and nasty.
say whut

Middlesboro, KY

#119 May 4, 2013
carson wrote:
In response to post #113
It disappeared for a few minutes.
you are a lier! it never went missing! it was here the whole time!
say whut

Middlesboro, KY

#120 May 4, 2013
no fun wrote:
And for the record, calling out local employees calling them sperm whales should be deleted. They're wage slaves, not elected officials
that is excactly what i am talking about and who ever that person is who is doing it is who i want to see in court one day hehe. the person he keeps poking at is not a public official. they are only a office worker and laws is being broke by trashing ppl this way on here. the moderaters are only doing what they are sposed to be doing.

if ppl dont like it then dont give them anything to do in here and they probly wont have a job any more!
carson

Louisville, KY

#127 May 4, 2013
say whut wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a lier! it never went missing! it was here the whole time!
No, it was gone for a few minutes. That's why I called it #112 in the other post. When it came back up I saw it was #113 and clarified.

What's a lier?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FiddleDeeDee 40 min Choda Boy 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Simmons 164,753
Looking for someone to buy all my yardsale items?? (May '11) 3 hr John whang 47
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr John whang 36,301
When did Knowitall9 become so vulger? 7 hr John whang 21
Amanda Gregory charges??? 7 hr John whang 10
Hello Somerset 7 hr John whang 3

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages