Somerset topix is done
Going Going GONG

Middlesboro, KY

#25 May 1, 2013
Oh sure I know what tongue-in-cheek means. You do too cause you lie right through your teeth to get the two of them to meet! Hahaha!

There now, is that lightened up enough for ya?

Sure you've been over there in the Wounded-Knee South Dakota strings trying to spread your spam but you never moderated, monitored, mediated, meandered, mitigated or anything otherwise close. Not even tongue-in-cheek, dear boy.

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

Climax, Kentucky

#26 May 1, 2013
Kick Brass wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspected it, but it was confirmed when TM5 basically had to come into one of the literally dozens of "KICK BRASS is the Irvine Topix Moderator" threads to say that no, I'm not, and no, they don't hire random locals to be mods. Although it was freaking hilarious when I'd report a thread about me and it would coincidentally get deleted by a very active mod in under fifteen minutes after the first post was made.
Yeah KB, I remember when you had all those posts in the River City, lol.

Gosh that's been what, a coupla years now?

As I remember, you're a fellow EKU alumnus??

Somerset is indeed kinda unique, not a lot of local posters, mostly registered posters like ourselves.

I've noticed in Irvine that's not the case. A LOT of local gossip on that site.
carson

Charlestown, IN

#27 May 2, 2013
If there's no local mods then there is someone in law enforcement deleting posts. Some forums have zero oversight. Others, like Somerset have some moron reporting every other post that's put up.

The thing that has ruined Somerset topix is when smart posters spend 5 or 10 minutes putting together a well thought out post just to have some dipSh!+ report or delete it because they didn't agree or didn't like the tone.

Two years ago you could get some good info and opinions on here. Alot of activity with supporting links. Now you've got a bunch of gamers telling everyone to lighten up.

I've seen cut and pastes from topix TOS deleted.

Topix could have been a good source for local info and discussion, but someone has worked to make sure that didn't happen.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#28 May 2, 2013
Welllll , I've probably caused a lot of my own deletions , because of off color remarks - So be it - Iffen I can create conversations , or brang a smile to an unseen face , thatswhatI'mabout - After all , this is Ky. , not Cali - We be a different breed of poster -

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Climax, Kentucky

#29 May 2, 2013
Knowitall9 wrote:
Welllll , I've probably caused a lot of my own deletions , because of off color remarks - So be it - Iffen I can create conversations , or brang a smile to an unseen face , thatswhatI'mabout - After all , this is Ky., not Cali - We be a different breed of poster -
Exactly!!

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#31 May 2, 2013
carson wrote:
I've seen cut and pastes from topix TOS deleted.
That's one of the clues that it isn't Topix Mods over in CA censoring this board. Why would they delete a post containing their own Terms of Service? I've seen it happen myself.

And for all those saying there isn't local moderators, take a gander at this job posting: http://www.topix.com/topix/jobs#comm_mg

We're looking for a part-time community manager to help us cover nights and weekends. You will be working from home but must be able to report to the office during training period.
Responsibilities

Foster community's audience & site usage
Tackle busy customer feedback queue
Stay up-to-date on trends with social media/online communities

Experience Required

Passion for, and deep understanding of, the inner workings of successful online communities
Interest in political discussion
Experience as a moderator or power user of an online community
You know Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act by heart
Sense of humor
Excellent listening & people skills
Excellent organizational & communication skills
Ability to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership
BA preferred

Notes

Please include links to online presence with submitted materials
If this sounds like your kind of gig, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]

Now that's their own job posting. You think a TopMod would erase this post? Of course not, but I bet it's gone pretty quick once the local mod sees it.
Rear View Mirror

Somerset, KY

#32 May 2, 2013
On top of the game players and trolls, they now have "sponsored" threads or advertising disguised as discussion topics that stay at the top of the queue. Gives you a pretty clear indication of where Topix is headed.
Smoke But NoModdys Home

Middlesboro, KY

#33 May 2, 2013
That thars funneeeeee now youins bet it is. Imma gonna take that thar job wid Topeex tuhday buddy jus alongs they pay fer plane flyin fare out to yonder to Californee n back ever time theys a meetin! Yee haaww! Imma gonna beeee sumbody in this dang dern ole town yayet! Yessireeeee Bob!
Smoke But NoModdys Home

Middlesboro, KY

#34 May 2, 2013
Imma gonna hafta get me that thar bacheelors deeegree theys be a wantin. The wife aint gonna much like me asikin fer that thar deeevorce so as I kin git me one tho..

Level 8

Location hidden

#35 May 2, 2013
Yeppers , can't hava Batchelors Deegree iffen youn's is married -

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#36 May 2, 2013
Sure wish someone would crap up this thread with a bunch of negative icons.
Smoke But NoModdys Home

Middlesboro, KY

#37 May 2, 2013
Wander who is it theys done gone an got workin these hyar day times then? That thar thang the beer man put on hyar says nite an weeks ends and they be wantin a bachlore. How longs it take to git a deevorce?

Dose any o yall know if thas gonna cuts in on mah stamps or not cause I jus caint have none that thar happnin. Messin wif mah beer monees iffin yous be talkin bout mah stamps gitting cut. Caint have non of that rite thar.

Nayer mind now. I done want that thar job no more. Fergit it. Tneys gonna hafta git sumbody elses ta do the jobe.
Smoke But NoModdys Home

Middlesboro, KY

#38 May 2, 2013
Beer man done wint an lernt hisself now ta mess with them thar funny faces. That aint playin fare mister beer man. Haint no wander you done wanna play rite wid otherns.

Yous a cheat beer man. Dose any of yall knows how ta fetch one of them thar modderstaters up in hyar?

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#39 May 2, 2013
Smoke But NoModdys Home wrote:
the beer man put
LOL

I bet it's you.

Level 8

Location hidden

#40 May 2, 2013
Fed my bride a store bought dinner for $5.29 -
She's a cheap date -

Level 8

Location hidden

#51 May 2, 2013
I get almost daily warnings / cautions - I'm the only one that can see them - I must be a special kinda poster -

Level 8

Location hidden

#52 May 2, 2013
Case in point , I just got cautioned for using the word "loser" on the loser thread -

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Climax, Kentucky

#58 May 2, 2013
Knowitall9 wrote:
Case in point , I just got cautioned for using the word "loser" on the loser thread -
At least you spelled it correctly, the vast majority of the people on these sites spell it 'looser', lol.

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#59 May 3, 2013
I never get warnings, though I never attempt to post profanity.

KIA, when you say you get warnings, are they actual messages in your inbox addressed from someone, or is it the autofilter that says "Be nice" when you hit submit on a post, forcing you to hit submit a second time?

Level 7

Shakedown Street

#60 May 3, 2013
Plus, I could had swore there were most posts here last night?

Someone doesn't like us talking about the moderation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 29 min Common-Senses 35,164
Big boobs are gross, who agrees? (Apr '09) 41 min Yes 121
Does anyone know ashley caudill from nancy ky 3 hr kitty cat 13
short hair blonde hitchhiker 3 hr Bill Clintons cigar 10
looking for a 3 or 4 br house or trailer to rent (Mar '09) 4 hr Violet cooper 15
Dont pull over for a funeral 5 hr Karmas coming for ya 7
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 9 hr Princess Hey 13,130

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages