Somerset topix is done
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Oh well

Charlestown, IN

#1 Apr 30, 2013
It's pretty much over. I guess those that kept saying that the deleting would run everyone off have been proven right.

When you have posts on page one that are over a week old, well, put a fork in it.

I always wondered if the local mod wasn't trying to kill the forum in order to cut off talk that exposed certain agendas.

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

Climax, Kentucky

#2 Apr 30, 2013
It ain't over til it's over.
Oh well

Louisville, KY

#3 Apr 30, 2013
Sometimes when I'm at Wal-Mart and I see some really hateful looking, greasy headed hillbilly woman that looks like she's mad at the world, poking around on a smart phone, I think to myself, Is that the local topix mod?

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Climax, Kentucky

#4 Apr 30, 2013
Oh well wrote:
Sometimes when I'm at Wal-Mart and I see some really hateful looking, greasy headed hillbilly woman that looks like she's mad at the world, poking around on a smart phone, I think to myself, Is that the local topix mod?
Hey, don't talk about my grandma like that!
Hopper

United States

#5 Apr 30, 2013
Looks like it's been a little more active lately, even with the mods keeping the crap personal titled threads out.

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Climax, Kentucky

#7 Apr 30, 2013
Oh well wrote:
You'd be mad too if you had to work at Wal-Mart....and they won't allow her to bring her "happy sack" to work and smoke it on break.
better not do that

Middlesboro, KY

#8 Apr 30, 2013
hey you! do you remember your bestie from penny rail? that one with the really big mouth? that really really big mouth? yeah i thought you probly might. remember who else was there that night or was you all to drunk? so umm your secrets might be put up on here next hehaheha.
better not do that

Middlesboro, KY

#9 Apr 30, 2013
well its gone now! shoot! oh well you always come back in here so it aint no big deal i guess. i still got a good memory and that some body else still has a really big mouth hehe.
Oldy but goody

Lancing, TN

#10 Apr 30, 2013
All thats left on Somerset topix are a bunch of old shutins with nothing better to do.

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Climax, Kentucky

#12 May 1, 2013
Oldy but goody wrote:
All thats left on Somerset topix are a bunch of old shutins with nothing better to do.
Where are you shut in at?

Tennessee State Sanitarium?
jerk 101

London, KY

#13 May 1, 2013
The no one troll is still here. Me.

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Climax, Kentucky

#14 May 1, 2013
Somerset topix

still going strong, celebrating it's 25th year!

Congrats Somerset topix!

Classiest forum in the US
Going Going Gone

Somerset, KY

#15 May 1, 2013
This thread is a great illustration of why Somerset Topix is dead. Most of the posts are made by out of town "game players" who are only interested in accumulating points and a handful of relentless trolls. Have yet to see any of them make a meaningful contribution to local discussions.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#17 May 1, 2013
Nope , it ain't Nope - And it ain't me -Fer enough cash , it could be me , except , I don't know how to delete -

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Climax, Kentucky

#19 May 1, 2013
Knowitall9 wrote:
Nope , it ain't Nope - And it ain't me -Fer enough cash , it could be me , except , I don't know how to delete -
kia9, I was contacted a few years ago about moderating this forum and surrounding counties. But I said no, since I was already moderating the Wounded Knee, South Dakota topix forum.
Going Going GONG

Middlesboro, KY

#20 May 1, 2013
You must of moderated Wounded Knee right down to the bone then cause I just took a look see over there on those Wounded Knee forums.

Since December of 2008 there hasn't been 200 comments put up unless you count the couple of political ones with them added in. Even if you do count the political ones you might get maybe 350 or so remarks all total counted up.

Boy, do you lie like a rug. Why do you want to talk lies on here like that? Are you out of beers tonight or something?

“I been hangin' on every word.”

Level 5

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#21 May 1, 2013
Musikologist wrote:
<quoted text>kia9, I was contacted a few years ago about moderating this forum and surrounding counties. But I said no, since I was already moderating the Wounded Knee, South Dakota topix forum.
According to Top Mod 5 and others, topix moderation isn't local but is instead done by a handful of their paid employees in California.

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Climax, Kentucky

#22 May 1, 2013
Going Going GONG wrote:
You must of moderated Wounded Knee right down to the bone then cause I just took a look see over there on those Wounded Knee forums.
Since December of 2008 there hasn't been 200 comments put up unless you count the couple of political ones with them added in. Even if you do count the political ones you might get maybe 350 or so remarks all total counted up.
Boy, do you lie like a rug. Why do you want to talk lies on here like that? Are you out of beers tonight or something?
You're an example of what's wrong with this site.

You need to lighten up.

This is topix!!

If you're on this site for your source of news, or political debate, I feel sorry for you.

The vast majority of posters on this site know about everything I say is done in "tounge in cheek".

Do you know what that means?(just curious)

Did you actually believe the Wounded Knee comment??

I don't believe ANYONE would get on topix and admit to being the local moderator, everyone is accused of it anyway, lol.

As I stated, you need to enjoy your time on these sites and loosen up, or at least indicate you're SOMEWHAT intelligent!

“229 Strong”

Level 8

Climax, Kentucky

#23 May 1, 2013
Kick Brass wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Top Mod 5 and others, topix moderation isn't local but is instead done by a handful of their paid employees in California.
Correct KB, I assumed this was common knowledge.

Guess not, lol.

“I been hangin' on every word.”

Level 5

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#24 May 1, 2013
Musikologist wrote:
<quoted text>Correct KB, I assumed this was common knowledge.
Guess not, lol.
I suspected it, but it was confirmed when TM5 basically had to come into one of the literally dozens of "KICK BRASS is the Irvine Topix Moderator" threads to say that no, I'm not, and no, they don't hire random locals to be mods. Although it was freaking hilarious when I'd report a thread about me and it would coincidentally get deleted by a very active mod in under fifteen minutes after the first post was made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 43 min LMS 148,316
Iva's Bridal 2 hr Sherri 1
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 4 hr Trouser Cough 31,531
Clinton can't stand up to trump. 6 hr Dude 4
what do men really think about stretch marks (Aug '08) 7 hr unknown 283
Abortion, people putting themselves first over ... 7 hr jessup 4
New Restaurant Open 7 hr Old Goat 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages