Can Girdler pull it off?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#42 Feb 1, 2013
namechange wrote:
I heard a guy the other night claim he was an "Environmental Scientist". If he had a fifth grade education, I'd be surprised.
I was an environmental scientist years ago - Worked in a recycling center , dissectin' garbage -
Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#43 Feb 1, 2013
gomer-ez wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I forgot to ash you.Where did you get your PHD?
Working on a program does not make a scientist.
One more ,why do people keep changing their names on topix?
BS Chemical Engineering-Penn State University
AA Cost Accounting- Muhlenburg College
BS Nuclear Engineering-University of TN
MBA-University of Southern CA
PhD-University of Southern CA
I don't change my name, there are four of us in the office, when we Post on Forums the Company has assigned us names when we use company PC or laptop:
US FED
Challenger99
FED INFO
Raptor F22

We keep a record of the Forums we monitor when time permits and check each other from time to time.

If I am home using my own PC or Laptop I use Paladinhgwt.
We are Lobbyists for a company here in DC, but I won't/can't tell you the name.
gomer-ez

Doniphan, MO

#44 Feb 1, 2013
Raptor F22 wrote:
<quoted text>
BS Chemical Engineering-Penn State University
AA Cost Accounting- Muhlenburg College
BS Nuclear Engineering-University of TN
MBA-University of Southern CA
PhD-University of Southern CA
I don't change my name, there are four of us in the office, when we Post on Forums the Company has assigned us names when we use company PC or laptop:
US FED
Challenger99
FED INFO
Raptor F22
We keep a record of the Forums we monitor when time permits and check each other from time to time.
If I am home using my own PC or Laptop I use Paladinhgwt.
We are Lobbyists for a company here in DC, but I won't/can't tell you the name.
You'll have to excuse me ,if I'm a little slow,but if you worked for NASA in 1963.You have to be 80+ years old.Why are you still working?
Westwood

London, KY

#45 Feb 1, 2013
gomer-ez wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to excuse me ,if I'm a little slow,but if you worked for NASA in 1963.You have to be 80+ years old.Why are you still working?
Hey, I had a job in 1963 plus a full time student and I'm not even 70.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#46 Feb 1, 2013
I quit 4 jobs by then , dropped outa school , and I ain't even 70 -

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#47 Feb 1, 2013
gomer-ez wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to excuse me ,if I'm a little slow,but if you worked for NASA in 1963.You have to be 80+ years old.Why are you still working?
Inquisitive individual. I am 70 years old, I still work as a registered Lobbyist part time because I enjoy what I do and when I have to go to DC I use a Company plane and when it is "quiet" in DC I come home in a Company plane.
As you can see by the Name I came home today and am on my personal PC. I can home to pick up my wife and go to New Orleans tomorrow for the Super Bowl, fly home tomorrow night and both of us will fly back to DC Monday afternoon.
No further Forums until next Wednesday at the earliest. Have a good weekend.
Hop-A-Long

Middlesboro, KY

#48 Feb 2, 2013
Girdler will not give us a chief of police, he's gonna take our tax money and build a lasting trophy for himself(new city hall and such), take money and build a roadbblock on the square, but I'll bet my hinney he will get you ole boys a new Liquor World!
gomer-ez

Doniphan, MO

#49 Feb 2, 2013
Westwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I had a job in 1963 plus a full time student and I'm not even 70.
He said he worked on nasa fuel systems in 1963.I did not know they let high school students work on developing fuel systems for nasa.
gomer-ez

Doniphan, MO

#50 Feb 2, 2013
Paladinhgwt wrote:
<quoted text>
Inquisitive individual. I am 70 years old, I still work as a registered Lobbyist part time because I enjoy what I do and when I have to go to DC I use a Company plane and when it is "quiet" in DC I come home in a Company plane.
As you can see by the Name I came home today and am on my personal PC. I can home to pick up my wife and go to New Orleans tomorrow for the Super Bowl, fly home tomorrow night and both of us will fly back to DC Monday afternoon.
No further Forums until next Wednesday at the earliest. Have a good weekend.
I hope you will have had a great weekend.GO 49ERS
Jared D

Brownsville, TN

#51 Feb 2, 2013
Heard the Liquor World people filed a lawsuit in another town. If that's true there's nothing the Mayor or anyone else can do to get them a license. You don't file a law suit then ask those same people for something. It's that whole full circle thing.
Level 2

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#52 Feb 2, 2013
Jared D wrote:
Heard the Liquor World people filed a lawsuit in another town. If that's true there's nothing the Mayor or anyone else can do to get them a license. You don't file a law suit then ask those same people for something. It's that whole full circle thing.
http://www.thenewsjournal.net/details/6881/La...
gonzo

London, KY

#53 Feb 2, 2013
Explain how the state ABC did not screw up....do you not want what is best for the city and county? It is about making money...right?

Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#54 Feb 2, 2013
Challenger99 wrote:
I have to agree with Jared. I don't think LW will get a license here with or without Girdlers help. Hopefully they can find another big store to locate here because I do think we should have gotten more licenses based on county size
Level 2

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#55 Feb 2, 2013
gonzo wrote:
Explain how the state ABC did not screw up....do you not want what is best for the city and county? It is about making money...right?
ABC really didn't "screw up" as you put it. They had 3 licenses for Corbin and 12 applicants. Of the 9 applicants not awarded a license, one is unhappy and has filed and lost one lawsuit and may appeal. The town seems satisfied with the 3 selected.
In Somerset it was determined that there were 5 licenses, the same applicant that was not granted a license in Corbin was unsucessful in Somerset. Town had been counting on this license for financial/economic reasons and is trying to convince ABC to grant another license or face another lawsuit. We don't know why the applicant was unsucessful in Somerset but there are several reasons ABC could justify witholding the Somerset license.
Simple way to resolve the issue would be for the company to drop the lawsuit in Corbin and the ABC will grant them the Somerset license.
Corbin is happy with status quo, Somerset would get the license they want, ABC can justify the action and the Company receives a license in a town that wants them.
It is called negotiation, common practice within the legal system, Governements and companies, usually successful among parties that are realistic.
gonzo

London, KY

#56 Feb 2, 2013
Challenger99 wrote:
<quoted text>
ABC really didn't "screw up" as you put it. They had 3 licenses for Corbin and 12 applicants. Of the 9 applicants not awarded a license, one is unhappy and has filed and lost one lawsuit and may appeal. The town seems satisfied with the 3 selected.
In Somerset it was determined that there were 5 licenses, the same applicant that was not granted a license in Corbin was unsucessful in Somerset. Town had been counting on this license for financial/economic reasons and is trying to convince ABC to grant another license or face another lawsuit. We don't know why the applicant was unsucessful in Somerset but there are several reasons ABC could justify witholding the Somerset license.
Simple way to resolve the issue would be for the company to drop the lawsuit in Corbin and the ABC will grant them the Somerset license.
Corbin is happy with status quo, Somerset would get the license they want, ABC can justify the action and the Company receives a license in a town that wants them.
It is called negotiation, common practice within the legal system, Governements and companies, usually successful among parties that are realistic.
It seems you know a lot about things when it comes to getting license here in the City . OK
Westwood

London, KY

#57 Feb 3, 2013
Challenger99 wrote:
<quoted text>---Simple way to resolve the issue would be for the company to drop the lawsuit in Corbin and the ABC will grant them the Somerset license.---
Nope, that would not happen in this state. The state would never promise something like this and keep the promise.
Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#58 Feb 8, 2013
Appears nothing has changed, the four approved licenses are being held hostage by the mayor while the ABC watches no revenue for the town but incurring legal costs.
Mexican standoff until the court decides to get involved.
gomer-ez

London, KY

#59 Feb 9, 2013
The mayor should with draw his action,get the other four lic.Then file his actions against the ABC.
I guess the mayor is pulling it off,but not for the best interest of the citizens,who voted for Somerset to be wet.
ohyeah

London, KY

#60 Feb 9, 2013
gomer-ez wrote:
The mayor should with draw his action,get the other four lic.Then file his actions against the ABC.
I guess the mayor is pulling it off,but not for the best interest of the citizens,who voted for Somerset to be wet.
But they voted for Girdler first.
gomer-ez

London, KY

#61 Feb 9, 2013
What is your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Patriot 166,315
Sams club 1 hr John Boy Walton 3
Fire at Kroger 1 hr Dude 3
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr Rickster-- 36,843
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 3 hr Gunslinger45 13,660
Sick of you John whang! 4 hr Forsure 1
anti-vaxers are so stupid... 4 hr Buck Nekkid 3

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages