Witch grave in Pulaski county

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Curious

Somerset, KY

#1 Apr 2, 2009
Does anyone know where the witch grave is located in Pulaski County? I saw it in a Kentucky ghost stories book but it doesn't say where it's at.
The Witch

Somerset, KY

#2 Apr 2, 2009
But I didn't stay in it long.
Eliza Hester Eichenberg

London, KY

#3 Apr 2, 2009
I was not aware of the Witch Grave story, so I did what ever researcher does these days: I Googled it. The book from which the Witch Grave story is taken is available, free, on Google Books: http://books.google.com/books...

However, like any good ghost story, the Witch Grave story does not reveal much detail, except it does give the alleged nineteen year old witch's name. If one cared to, one could check the Pulaski County Historical Society cemetery records for that woman's grave's location.
IN THE KNOW

Somerset, KY

#4 Apr 2, 2009
It is near John Sherman Cooper Power Plant. I know the location but I am sworn to keep the location private.
intrested

Somerset, KY

#5 Apr 2, 2009
I've visited most hotspots in this county but have never been to this one. I've gotten conflicting directions. I've heard it's somewhere over by the power plant and you cannot access it now due to it being private property.

I've also heard of it being somewhere in Bend of the Lakes.

Conflicting stories.

Thanks for the link, I will forward to a friend who is distantly related to her.
IN THE KNOW

Somerset, KY

#6 Apr 2, 2009
keyword power plant, enough said.
Wild Cherry

London, KY

#7 Apr 2, 2009
I read the same story.I would like to find the grave to.
rita

Somerset, KY

#8 Apr 2, 2009
after you go past the power plant in the back ,theare is a cemetary on the left.theare are huge monuments,some look demonic.the story goes her parents were very rich.i cant remember her name,will call my dad tomorrow.i think it was percy or something similar.
curious

Doniphan, MO

#9 Apr 2, 2009
this is insain, what is the legend behind this?
TryAgain

Huntsville, TN

#10 Apr 2, 2009
Curious wrote:
Does anyone know where the witch grave is located in Pulaski County? I saw it in a Kentucky ghost stories book but it doesn't say where it's at.
These people at tuggin on your chain. The Northern Part of McCreary County used to be Pulaski. The witch's grave is located behind the ranger station. Has been known about for years. They have a thing built around it. Some people say that is not the exact location of the grave. Same area but not exact location. Just so u know.
shopvillehotgirl

Brownsville, TN

#11 Apr 2, 2009
I have heard McCreary county is where the grave is located...
Curious

Somerset, KY

#12 Apr 3, 2009
We would just like to see the tree that's in the story. I don't know why it's such a big hush hush thing.
Curious

Somerset, KY

#13 Apr 3, 2009
Nevermind, I found it and yes it is located in McCreary county. Thanks for your help...
wondering

Hazard, KY

#14 Apr 3, 2009
Is the grave located in the Barren fork Cemetary in McCreary county? What is the story with the tree?

“Boogie Chill'un”

Level 6

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15 Apr 3, 2009
Yep, I had always heard it was in McCreary Co., had a cousin who said he'd been there, but I thought it was down a gravel road back this side of the Alpine station. What's this power plant story, I've never heard about it.
rita

Somerset, KY

#16 Apr 3, 2009
her name was percy owens.the grave yard is behind the power plant in cedar grove.i think we all must be talking about 2 diffrent cemetaries.i have been theare several times when i was a child.it is the owens cemetary.the are what resembles huge dragons/demonic statues/and what i would describe as a gargoyle.(movie i saw once)her picture is on her stone.my father remembers the well.they were very rich,and excentric.also he has always told me the story of another witch in cedar grove.his name was BILL JOHN PETERS.he died in the late forties,has any one heard of him?i was raised in the hollows of cedar grove,so i know a lot of strange stuff has gone on theare.
Curious

Somerset, KY

#17 Apr 3, 2009
Can anyone go behind the power plant to this cemetary? I would love to see those stones.
dhaynes

London, KY

#18 Apr 3, 2009
I've seen the grave yard at the power plant with the bowl to burn stuff in but never could find the date of death on the grave sight there was a born date but not a death date was this child or a baby
i have been at grave site

London, KY

#19 Apr 3, 2009
You can not just go to grave yard. You have to let them know because they have a guard at the guard shack. You have to ask permission then you have to know exactly how to get there. It is really hard to find. It is really spooky too.
Curious

Somerset, KY

#20 Apr 3, 2009
Is there any other way to get to the grave yard besides going through the power plant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Branden Queen 11 min John whang 2
John whang for Pulaski county commissioner 12 min John whang 2
Hydro seeking females 1 hr Candyman 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr John 167,956
Kingsford 6 hr John whang 84
Who's hot at sonny bbq 6 hr John whang 10
I need help with Government service question ASAP 6 hr John whang 23

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance