Best/Worst dentist

Since: Aug 08

London, KY

#47 Aug 28, 2008
Dr. Coffey SUCKS!!! He's extremely rough and has no bedside manner at all. Especially if you're getting an extraction. As far as the best, I don't really know...
Bear

Corbin, KY

#48 Aug 29, 2008
BabyGirl11 wrote:
Dr. Coffey SUCKS!!! He's extremely rough and has no bedside manner at all. Especially if you're getting an extraction. As far as the best, I don't really know...
I disagree. My family has been going to Dr. Coffey for 20 years and he and his staff are the absolute best.
Elllaaa

London, KY

#49 Aug 29, 2008
Saindon!
walkin horse

Twinsburg, OH

#50 Aug 29, 2008
All of my children see Dr. Prather. Her whole office is geared towards children and they have never been frightened no matter what the reason for the visit. My daughter fell and damaged her two front teeth and Dr. Prather always worked her in when I had a concern. Also, although my insurance wouldn't pay for the laughing gas when she had to have them pulled, Dr. Prather, knowing it would be a strain on my income, gave it to her regardless. I know it isn't an amazing feet, but with all the extra charges doctors have these days it is nice to see one with a heart. She cared more about my daughter than the extra money.
curious

Jeffersonville, IN

#51 Aug 30, 2008
dr coffey is awful dont go to him go to tohill

“Saved By Grace”

Since: Aug 08

somerset

#52 Aug 30, 2008
yeah she may be nice...but i had an appt and they booked it like 6 months ahead..and never called me ..so when i called they told me i missed it and i would have to pay 80 dollars to get another appt..Yeah right!...But yes she is good with children..
Mr_Nobody wrote:
Brandi Prather is a pediatric dentist in somerset she is wonderful!!!
thankyou

Dawsonville, GA

#53 Aug 30, 2008
local wrote:
family dentistry is good. i have heard that coffey is horrible and i know for a fact that katherine king is aweful.
I myself and my children have used Dr King for years. She is awesome with kids and scaredy cat adults as well.
She's #1 in my book!
I know

Pineville, KY

#54 Aug 30, 2008
dr. coffey is pretty rough but overall he does a good job i just had my wisdom teeth out by him... he knows what he is doing just a little painful! i think he is more old school thats why he is rough!
class of 93

London, KY

#55 Aug 30, 2008
Greeneyes wrote:
Tawnya Muse is GREAT!!!! Seen her for years. My kids like her as well. Stay away from Saindon & Saindon.
I agree, stay away from Saindon & Saindon.
Jim Muse had to fix ALL the fillings that they did.
I have had numerous root canals because I went to them too long and didn't get good treatment.
Jim Muse is the best in town. I have called him on the weekends and he helped me...
horrible experience

Somerset, KY

#56 Aug 31, 2008
Dentist wrote:
Dr. Dale Coffey will absoultely feel like he is going to kill you!! Please take my advise and stay away. I went to him for approximately 18 days and he never could stop my dry socket. I ended up going to another dentist in another co. who stated my sinuses were hanging out and they had to go in and sew all this up!! Horrible experience!!
Dr.Coffey in my opinion is the worst dentists!!!
He doesnt try and save your teeth or help with the pain. He just wants to pull 'em out!!! I had a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE AND WILL NEVER GO BACK AND I WOULD NOT REFER HIM TO ANYONE I CARE ABOUT
SOS

Somerset, KY

#57 Aug 31, 2008
Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. My family has been going to Dr. Coffey for 20 years and he and his staff are the absolute best.
Do u have any teeth left! He is horrible
walkin horse

Twinsburg, OH

#58 Aug 31, 2008
BIGMAMA J wrote:
yeah she may be nice...but i had an appt and they booked it like 6 months ahead..and never called me ..so when i called they told me i missed it and i would have to pay 80 dollars to get another appt..Yeah right!...But yes she is good with children..
<quoted text>
Yeah, it does suck if you end up missing and have to pay the fee. They always book them for their next six month visit because they stay so booked, but if you have trouble keeping track of appointments that far in advance, you can always tell them you will call and schedule when you are ready.

“This is me!”

Since: Jul 08

Somerset KY

#59 Sep 1, 2008
Dr Coffey yelled at my daughter b/c she was crying in pain!
Somerset Mom

Corbin, KY

#60 Sep 17, 2008
SOS wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u have any teeth left! He is horrible
Yes I do have teeth left! He goes out of his way to save my teeth, which are soft and problematic. He never has given me a problem because if he did, my entire family would simply go somewhere else.
And, I might add, the ladies there are simply wonderful. Always pleasant and willing to work with you on appointments.
fan of

Versailles, KY

#61 Sep 19, 2008
Mr_Nobody wrote:
Brandi Prather is a pediatric dentist in somerset she is wonderful!!!
Absolutey Agree
okay

Dahlonega, GA

#62 Sep 19, 2008
Dr.Coffey is the worst,He had to cut out all my wisdom teeth,I wish I had went to someone else he was in such a rush he just didn't seem to care that he was ripping my mouth and getting blood all over my clothes,the next day I looked like I had been punched in the jaw really hard,I was black and blue,I will never go back to him,I think maybe he is getting to old and losing his patience with people.
easy people

Finley, TN

#63 Sep 19, 2008
ricky farmer hands down
somersetmom

London, KY

#64 Sep 19, 2008
brickyard wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quite certain that if you had called Dr. Ricky Farmer's office, he would have seen her. I know for a fact that he sees kids. Did you call his office?
My kids go to Dr.Bartley Jr. I love him! one of my kids had a prob on a Sun morning once and he took his time out from church to come fix it. He's great and his staff is wonderful
sweet

Corbin, KY

#65 Sep 19, 2008
Associates in Dentistry does good work but dont use the female dentist there. I have been a patient there for a long time and I had a crown to break a few days before New Years Eve. I frantically called and she would not even see me.... would not even look at the tooth to see what could be done. She said to come in on saturday and then she would look at the tooth. I showed up on the date and time I was told and the office was closed for the holidays. My heart sank...I work in the public and it is a holiday. I called Dr. Kathrine King on New Years Eve morning, explained my situation and she told me to come on in and she would see what she could do. She looked at the tooth and told me that no matter what I would leave there with something at least temporary. She was able to put my crown back on and 9 months later is it still just fine. Now...what mor could you want in a dentist?... quality work, patient satisfaction and compassion! If everyone had her work ethic the world would be a better place.
hmm

Aurora, OH

#66 Sep 19, 2008
ricky farmer!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holloween party 16 min Butters 3
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 44 min Ricky F 37,451
Miranda messamore 1 hr Nikki 8
Marissa Keith 1 hr RET3 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Cczar 169,074
John Wang Okay Since Last Night 3 hr Butters 14
Lift Inc. pros and cons 6 hr Gina 17

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance