Since: Dec 10

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

I see gas prices ranging from 3.28 to 3.79 around the area. If oil is one price per barrel, and stations only profit cents per gallon, how can there be this much difference in prices county to county? I have never seen a difference this large before.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

The suppliers are knockin' down bigtime - They can lie all they want - Lying and gouging will make them comfortable on earth , but wont go well at judgement - Gas don't mean shat in Heaven , nor do liars or thieves -

“Kiss me I'm Irish”

Level 8

Since: Jan 09

KY Pineywoods

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Whomever sets the gas prices in Pulaski county has been price gouging us for the past 30 years or longer,I don't see them stopping now.
Tucker

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

wildgrapes wrote:
I see gas prices ranging from 3.28 to 3.79 around the area. If oil is one price per barrel, and stations only profit cents per gallon, how can there be this much difference in prices county to county? I have never seen a difference this large before.
If you believe gas stations only profit a few cents per dollar on a gallon of gas then you probably also believe that a new car dealer only makes $100 on a new car.

“lovely and ripe”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Tucker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe gas stations only profit a few cents per dollar on a gallon of gas then you probably also believe that a new car dealer only makes $100 on a new car.
I used to have a friend that was manager over a gas station, about 7-8 years ago, and he told me mark up at that time was only 3-5 cents. I'm sure the profits are higher now but that much of a jump? And for there to be a difference of 50 cents per gallon from one county to another? Something is wrong.
check it out

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

The ownors of the gas suppliers make the big bucks, not the gas stations.
mower

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

wildgrapes wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/2011/03/08/obama-gas...
Store Owner

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

Tucker wrote:
<quoted text>If you believe gas stations only profit a few cents per dollar on a gallon of gas then you probably also believe that a new car dealer only makes $100 on a new car.
Actually, unless you own a business you don't know. I own a store & depending on what we set our price at depends on what we make but it's never been more than 5 cents per gallon. Last week we bought gas for $3.54 & sold it for $3.59. BUT if an owner happens to run most of Somerset (WC) & buys much more then he gOt it for $3.04 & yes HE makes much more. I know this for a fact!!!!!
lesson learned

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

The person that runs the gas station decides on the price, if that wasn't true you could drive from burnside to Monticello and get gas 20 cents cheaper on the gallon.
observer1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Store Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, unless you own a business you don't know. I own a store & depending on what we set our price at depends on what we make but it's never been more than 5 cents per gallon. Last week we bought gas for $3.54 & sold it for $3.59. BUT if an owner happens to run most of Somerset (WC) & buys much more then he gOt it for $3.04 & yes HE makes much more. I know this for a fact!!!!!
It is not just the gas they are making a profit. Most are depending on making a sale/profit from

soft drinks
candy
snack foods
cigarettes
hot plate foods
coffee
lottery ticket sales
grab and go items
Store Owner

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

observer1 wrote:
<quoted text>It is not just the gas they are making a profit. Most are depending on making a sale/profit from

soft drinks
candy
snack foods
cigarettes
hot plate foods
coffee
lottery ticket sales
grab and go items
Yes, exactly but the point is the profit is not on the gas.
Mack The Knife

Shelbyville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

What does Mr.W.C. pay for gas? Do you know for a fact? Its ok when you people have these yard sales and rape people on the price but when some one else makes a profit then all hell breaks lose on this chatter channel and why is that? Its because there is some on here and you know who you are that are two face money grubbing go to church lying S.O.B. and does your name have to be put on here? Not your screen name but your real name? Now i can do it if it calls for it? I work for Warren and he sure dont make the profit you think he does,I'm the book keeper and I know but with you,your are only guessing or lying and I will say lying.You dont have to buy your gas from us!! Do you? No you dont so keep paying our price or shut you complaining mouth shut,NOW WHAT PART OF THAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND.Thanks for help making my pay check if business keeps up I'm going to ask for a raise,THANTKS AGAIN GAS CRY BABY.
Quebert

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Expect 4 or 5 a gallon soon. Obama loves to make his corporate shills lots of money for his reelection run in two years.

Barak Obama, the black, bush, brother.

And you thought you was getting change!

I pity the fool who thought sliding on Obama's nuts was gonna get you some change.

Oh wait, it did. You give the gas station attendant
a hundred dollar bill for a fill up and you get the change--for now.

Meanwhile that murdering, treason committing war-criminal and his thugs remain out of jail and running loose. Yeah, we got rule of law in America alright, for you and me and everyone else, but not the few who operate above the law.

And also, I think, that America should be destroyed.
Nobody

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

ladyinsomerset wrote:
Whomever sets the gas prices in Pulaski county has been price gouging us for the past 30 years or longer,I don't see them stopping now.
Yes, you are right and nobody has the guts to do anything about it. If it is not price fixing, I don't know what price fixing is.
Nobody

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Mack The Knife wrote:
What does Mr.W.C. pay for gas? Do you know for a fact? Its ok when you people have these yard sales and rape people on the price but when some one else makes a profit then all hell breaks lose on this chatter channel and why is that? Its because there is some on here and you know who you are that are two face money grubbing go to church lying S.O.B. and does your name have to be put on here? Not your screen name but your real name? Now i can do it if it calls for it? I work for Warren and he sure dont make the profit you think he does,I'm the book keeper and I know but with you,your are only guessing or lying and I will say lying.You dont have to buy your gas from us!! Do you? No you dont so keep paying our price or shut you complaining mouth shut,NOW WHAT PART OF THAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND.Thanks for help making my pay check if business keeps up I'm going to ask for a raise,THANTKS AGAIN GAS CRY BABY.
Thanks for the info..
I used to haul for America Pride and WC's trucks loaded in Knoxville at the same place that I did and nearly all of the gas coming into southern Kentucky is loaded there, too. Given that, how can the stations in Wayne and other counties sell for so much less.
I don't recall if I ever knew what the price was or what the stations made on it, but I am thinking about $0.40 per gallon, which take as a reasonable profit given the price, the cost of labor and overhead, etc.
Years ago I had a station and sold it, too. I think I made about a nickle per gallon, but heck, Winstons was a quarter a pack back then and I paid my help about a dollar an hour.
Nobody envies a person making a reasonable profit, but nobody likes to be ripped off.
A lot of people think that there is not enough gas in the world to burn WC in hell.
Yes, I agree that many go to church to cover their evil deeds but they are not fooling God.
Quebert

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

Nobody wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are right and nobody has the guts to do anything about it. If it is not price fixing, I don't know what price fixing is.
Price fixing has went on in Somerset for years. It's agreements like, "Walmart or Kroger can't sell gas for more than a penny less than local stations do--agreements that f88k the consumer so so local pos refinery owner could make his fortunes bigger.

Tie their kids to the pumps and burn the damn stations!

Level 1

Since: Dec 09

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

mack the knife, every part of ur post make's laugh at ur ignorance. who are u to tell people to shut their mouth ? probably the same person that would run like a little girl if confronted face to face. if u call selling a pair of 30 or 40 dollar jean's for a dollar or two at a yard sale raping people then ur nut's and if u work for wc and want to thank everyone for ur paycheck what would u know about yard sale price's ?

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Mack The Knife wrote:
How in the floock do you "rape" somebody at a yardsale ??-A yardsale ??-And you're a book keeper ??-OMG , gotta watch them bandits at yardsales -
hahahahaha

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

cleezy118 wrote:
mack the knife, every part of ur post make's laugh at ur ignorance. who are u to tell people to shut their mouth ? probably the same person that would run like a little girl if confronted face to face. if u call selling a pair of 30 or 40 dollar jean's for a dollar or two at a yard sale raping people then ur nut's and if u work for wc and want to thank everyone for ur paycheck what would u know about yard sale price's ?
Lol agreed :)
Ghost

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Mack sounds like the loudmouth sob to me

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Somerset Forum right now

Search the Somerset Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 min Flint hill bandit 1,036
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr justice_- 128,911
SCOTUS- Non-union members exempt from dues 3 hr Billy 35
Unified Government. Is Chris Girdler making a m... (Apr '13) 4 hr Raspberry 16
is PC trying to close SHS down 4 hr Raspberry 59
Roses.. Closing Its Doors? 5 hr Billy 8
Bruce W. Singleton Family Court Judge 5 hr We can do better 19
•••
•••
•••
Somerset Dating

more search filters

less search filters