First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Level 2

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#41 Jan 11, 2010
yes wrote:
I recieved an e-mail about it. It said financial aid would be refunded started on the 28th of January...but I attend Bluegrass in Lexington, not Somerset. It should be the same since it's all part of KCTCS but I am not sure.
My wife goes to somerset community college and they sent her an email saying that it would be disbursed on march 3
granny033

Greenbrier, AR

#42 Jan 12, 2010
thanks yup.i am gonna do it.why not.amybe it might better my life who knows.have a good day yup and thanks again
yes

AOL

#43 Jan 12, 2010
local band fan wrote:
<quoted text>My wife goes to somerset community college and they sent her an email saying that it would be disbursed on march 3
Well I guess it's different than bluegrass...my email said it would be disbursed on jan 26 and the refund process would begin on jan 28...which mean the school gets it the 26 and the 28 they start sending it to students. IDK why we get it sooner..
hopethishelps

Russell Springs, KY

#44 Jan 12, 2010
Jennifer wrote:
Has anyone gotten an email about financial aide for the spring semester? I haven't received any info at all.
I received an email sometime during break that stated that refunds would begin in March not sure if was the 3rd or 10th-somewhere around there.

I also do not use the debit card because of all the fees. I called and set up to have it directly deposited to my bank account-it takes an extra couple of days but it's worth the money saved.
Angry

London, KY

#45 Jan 12, 2010
Phil wrote:
I really don't know why this is an issue every semester. Most people know when the date they might get their free money will be, about the same time as it always is. The semester isn't started yet and the vultures are already wanting their free money. Just can't wait to get it so they can quit school until the next semester and the cycle starts again.
This is exactly right and aggravates me so bad. I barely make over minimum wage at my job but because I dont have any kids Im not eligible for the grants. So basically you have to be a complete lazy piece of shit with five kids to get a lil help. They're SO many people that do this year after year after year..they get their money and drop out and then sign up and get it again! Yu would think SCC would put a stop to this. The people that really need it and take school seriously cant get it-but the drug abusers and ones who dont want to work get the maximum amount of grant money AND loans that they never intend on paying back. ERRRR!
well

Mount Vernon, KY

#46 Jan 12, 2010
angry you could get loans through the school if you dont qualify for aid and pay them back after you graduate if you really want to go.
Curious

United States

#47 Jan 19, 2010
Glen Beck wrote:
You should have finished your education before you squirted out those 3 rug rats. Let me quess, I bet you where "in love" and couldn't wait.
The real question is this why isn't the man you bred with supporting you so you don't have to to depend on the government for a handout or a laptop? Did you pick a loser and find out later the only thing he had enough energy to do was hop on you and breed you?
Alright you moron, ACTUALLY, I was married and he was abusive so I left him and I am trying to earn a living on my own without having to rely on the government or a man so instead of runnin your lip, pull it up over your face and smother yourself because I believe that would be more beneficial to society then your pathetic excuse for an opinion. You are probably living off welfare and food stamps, sittin at home playing freakin world of warcraft or some equally insignificant video game wondering why you can't get a life. Well don't hate on those of us who are motivated to better ourselves.

Also, Thanks to Local Band Fan.

Level 2

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#48 Jan 19, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright you moron, ACTUALLY, I was married and he was abusive so I left him and I am trying to earn a living on my own without having to rely on the government or a man so instead of runnin your lip, pull it up over your face and smother yourself because I believe that would be more beneficial to society then your pathetic excuse for an opinion. You are probably living off welfare and food stamps, sittin at home playing freakin world of warcraft or some equally insignificant video game wondering why you can't get a life. Well don't hate on those of us who are motivated to better ourselves.
Also, Thanks to Local Band Fan.
You are so welcome.I just hate it when people see somebody trying and they feel the need to put them down.I think it is wrong.
SCC Student

Corbin, KY

#49 Jan 19, 2010
To all those who think that the students are waiting on free money (Phil) I am a 26 year old student who does not recieve any help with my schooling..I have a student loan that has to be paid back so you need to get your facts straight... and the money that people do get back helps them with the semester because they can not work fuul time and go to school and raise a family... there is no such thing as free money....
Well

Middlesboro, KY

#50 Jan 19, 2010
So when are we gettin the checks?
drop it

Somerset, KY

#52 Jan 19, 2010
drop it wrote:
what is that card for i mean can you use it at wal mart or can i just keep my own debit card?
i frased that wrong i dont get aid for school so why do i need that card? is scc going to accept that card only in the future or will they still take my card?i pay for my classes and books then my work reimberses me if i pass my classes. but i dont want to have to use that card if i dont have to know what i mean.
hopethishelps

Russell Springs, KY

#53 Jan 20, 2010
drop it wrote:
<quoted text>i frased that wrong i dont get aid for school so why do i need that card? is scc going to accept that card only in the future or will they still take my card?i pay for my classes and books then my work reimberses me if i pass my classes. but i dont want to have to use that card if i dont have to know what i mean.
The card is where they load your financial aid or loans that go through the school. If you don't have either one you don't need it but they advise you to keep it in case your circumstances change in the future-if you get aid or loans next year you will have to have this card to use.
drop it

Somerset, KY

#54 Jan 20, 2010
Well wrote:
So when are we gettin the checks?
i heard some financial aid people talking and you all will be getting your refunds around the middle of march
drop it

Somerset, KY

#55 Jan 20, 2010
hopethishelps wrote:
<quoted text>
The card is where they load your financial aid or loans that go through the school. If you don't have either one you don't need it but they advise you to keep it in case your circumstances change in the future-if you get aid or loans next year you will have to have this card to use.
thank you
hopethishelps

Russell Springs, KY

#56 Jan 20, 2010
drop it wrote:
<quoted text>thank you
You're welcome!!!!
Im just saying

Brownsville, TN

#57 Jan 23, 2010
KCTCS and the Financial aid office has really cracked down on financial aid money. They are so strict now, that you cant just get the money and run and decide you want to do it next semester. If you arent passing or showing up, they will put your but on probation. 3 strikes and your out. No more financial aid money....EVER!! But I totally do not agree with them holding that money until March. School starts in January. we should get it then, so we can buy school supplies where ever we want, and not have to go to the college bookstore. I can not purchase everything I need at SCC. Did you know SCC receives that aid in August and sits on it till the fall and spring semester!!! I am paying interest on those loans and I do not even have my money yet! Thats not right!!! I have to pay all of that back when graduate.
Jen

United States

#58 Feb 13, 2010
I just got an email that says March 4th.
CommonSense

Guatemala City, Guatemala

#59 Oct 22, 2010
Oslo Norway wrote:
just another scam by the deadbeats and enabled by the colleges that keep signing them up.
What do you think this is - A Social Democracy? Heck no, we killed that with Reagan (sent by God himself).

There is No Way we will ever like those lazy Europeans with their "high living standards" in exchange for 30 hour work-weeks and free college educations and early retirements. No Sir!! We are going to live like Indonesians soon - in cardboard boxes and 90 hours a week so that a tiny few can live on Tax-Free Capital Gains (not real work) like the Kings of Old. Yeah, that's the American Dream - That's Progress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bo Cook talking bout throwing hands lol (Aug '16) 1 hr Randy 39
Who*e* in cedar grove 1 hr Bronstonbitch 1
what do men really think about stretch marks (Aug '08) 1 hr FiddleDeeDee 302
Does anyone know if Jennifer from 9 at oakwood ... (Mar '10) 1 hr showrespect 6
any Parker Elementary School memories? (Nov '08) 2 hr jack690 122
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Bill McReal 163,327
Somernites cruise was a flop! 3 hr Cooter 7

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages