London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

I would do this idea myself, but I don't have the stuff to do it. Someone needs to start a carriage ride business in downtown Somerset. The business could be part time. Have rides around the holidays(give the riders hot chocolate and the kids candy canes) and in the spring. Summer time would be too hot and winter too cold. You would need to have one or two assistants to help pick up the poo poo as you ride along, but I think it would be a lot of fun. Kentucky is known for its horses, so why not bring a little of the bluegrass here.
awesome

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

JoyRide wrote:
I would do this idea myself, but I don't have the stuff to do it. Someone needs to start a carriage ride business in downtown Somerset. The business could be part time. Have rides around the holidays(give the riders hot chocolate and the kids candy canes) and in the spring. Summer time would be too hot and winter too cold. You would need to have one or two assistants to help pick up the poo poo as you ride along, but I think it would be a lot of fun. Kentucky is known for its horses, so why not bring a little of the bluegrass here.
I LOVE this idea! You should bring this up to like the city council or something! I live downtown and I would love to see something like that. Fantastic idea!
curious

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Good idea. Took one of those rides in downtown Memphis, good time.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

That is a good idea, they could put blankets in the carriage and give rides to show Christmas lights. I've been on several rides like that and always had a good time.
honest

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Just don't feed the horse beefaroni.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

They do make an apparatus that hangs behind the horse, but you'd have to consider the possible smells involved.
curious

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

They plan the horses meals to minimize waste while it's working. That is not a real issue if you feed them only at certain times.

“One day at a time”

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

curious wrote:
They plan the horses meals to minimize waste while it's working. That is not a real issue if you feed them only at certain times.
Cities with mounted police do the same thing.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Carriage rides around the downtown area would be nice , but limited - Equestrian diapers would cure the po-op problem - Something to thunk about , when the remodeling gets finished up -
Gaddis Hater

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

It is a nice idea, I am just not sure our downtown area is large enough to support a really nice ride. Which is a shame in itself. There are a few new buildings and 1 or 2 more in the works, but our downtown is way underdeveloped. Someone should build some a multi-storied condo, a nice hotel and a bank with more than 2 floors!
what

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Gaddis Hater wrote:
It is a nice idea, I am just not sure our downtown area is large enough to support a really nice ride. Which is a shame in itself. There are a few new buildings and 1 or 2 more in the works, but our downtown is way underdeveloped. Someone should build some a multi-storied condo, a nice hotel and a bank with more than 2 floors!
Maybe they could just make the horse walk slower.

“Honesty is the best policy”

Level 2

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

That would be a great Idea and someone could make money doing this..
Hysterical

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

What alternate universe do you people live in? Who in their right mind would pay someone to drive them around downtown Somerset in a horse drawn carriage so they can look at all the decayed vacant buildings? You people are right up there with that goofus that was running for Judge Executive who wanted to put a petting zoo in the square. Wakadoodles one and all.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Hey now , the circle / square is goin' away - Maybe it wont get rebuilt - We can only hope -
Well

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Hysterical wrote:
What alternate universe do you people live in? Who in their right mind would pay someone to drive them around downtown Somerset in a horse drawn carriage so they can look at all the decayed vacant buildings? You people are right up there with that goofus that was running for Judge Executive who wanted to put a petting zoo in the square. Wakadoodles one and all.
Probably right. I've only done it in other towns, as a tourist. Somerset doesn't have any tourists downtown. It may be something to do for the proms.

“One day at a time”

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Maybe the proms but I cant think of anything else.
Say What

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

What are they going to see? This is the trailer where 5 meth labs were found, and this is the trailer where so and so committed suicide, because the police couldn't figure out who did it, and this is the pharmacy that passes out illegal drugs, and here is the first store to sell beer legally, and over there is the last trailer that sold beer illegally. LMAO! Please people....who wants to tour this messed up town in a friggin horse and carriage?
awesome

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

You know, someone actually has a good idea to make this place a little better and all you people want to do, is give them sh!t for it. No wonder this town has never amounted to anything. It's negative people like you. At least this person wants to TRY and make a difference. Who gives a rats ass if it won't work or there will be nothing to see?! It's a step forward into making this place into somewhere people will actually want to come.

“Statism is slavery”

Since: Jan 13

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

It's a great idea. I know many people would be customers. And downtown has a lot of residential area, so more customers and more Christmas lights during the holidays. Downtown Somerset is full of beauty and rich in history.

It would go over much more smoothly if done privately. No need to go to City Council - at least not beyond the business permit.

Again, great idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Somerset Forum right now

Search the Somerset Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Consumer Reports Wrong About LCRH 3 min Road 33
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Known Fact 123,128
Could you have a sexless relationship and be st... (Feb '13) 4 hr all right 29
Girdler worried/ Barty worried 5 hr Jennifer 54
Kentucky Basketball!! (Mar '12) 5 hr Ky wildcat 244
Hall for jailer beware he's a fake 5 hr Scooby Doo 2
Sheriffs Office Searching for Hubert Dugger 5 hr Billy Dugger 35
•••
•••