middle school sports
Somerset football boo

London, KY

#21 Jul 25, 2008
If Somerset would weed out a lot of the dead weight then a lot of kids would be sitting at home playing xbox and getting fat like there fathers. Come on be realistic, Middle school ball is to get kids ready for the next level. Who knows by the time they get to high school who will be ggod enough to play. Son't run off all the kids because some of the kids who shine in Middle School can fade away in high school. Think about it.
Carter

Murray, KY

#22 Jul 25, 2008
Somerset football boo wrote:
If Somerset would weed out a lot of the dead weight then a lot of kids would be sitting at home playing xbox and getting fat like there fathers. Come on be realistic, Middle school ball is to get kids ready for the next level. Who knows by the time they get to high school who will be ggod enough to play. Son't run off all the kids because some of the kids who shine in Middle School can fade away in high school. Think about it.
Why cut anyone in try outs then? If you were a coach and your biggest concern was keeping kids active and away from Xbox, then you need to have 20-30 chairs on the sideline. I understand your point and it would probably be better to have a second and third team for those kids. Middle school ball is for preparing kids for the next level. That is why the players who can't compete at the middle school level need to be cut. Don't hold the players who can compete back so the ones who are not skilled enough can catch up. I think that is what they mean by "dead wait". If they are truly a dimond in the rough then they will eventually shine with hard work. Your way of thinking is not the way to do it. Think about it.
Another Somerset Parent

Dahlonega, GA

#23 Jul 25, 2008
I agree with Somerset Football Boo. You are right in your way of thinking Carter. Keeping marginal kids in Middle School is not holding back anyone. And if you look at Somerset history alot of kids that did not do very well in Middle School ended up have very successful High School Careers. I can name several, and the other kids not playing or not getting better had nothing to do with Thacker. Guys you really need to get off this. Most Ball players understand there role and if they are the 12th or 13th man on Varsity it is not hurting your main JV players because they are getting quality minutes there in place of sitting the bench behind the top 8 on the varsity rotation. Not many HS teams have more than a 8 man rotation and that 8th man is struggling for minutes at most places. If you don't think is ture you need to get out and watch more games.
somerset power

Murray, KY

#24 Jul 25, 2008
carter you are correct my friend. COMPETATIVE basketball (they keep score dont they??} prepare those kids for high school by teaching them to win.
maroony

Finley, TN

#25 Jul 26, 2008
go northern!!
ruben

Finley, TN

#26 Jul 26, 2008
go mcCreary!
maroony

Somerset, KY

#27 Jul 27, 2008
the momentum is swinging towards northern.if you wonder why,just read some of these posts from jumper moms
The Sports Guy

Minonk, IL

#28 Jul 28, 2008
Northern did not win even one game against Meece this season. Meece swept them in football (both grades), basketball (all 2 grades) and twice in baseball. Northern sports are a joke.
The Sports Guy

United States

#29 Jul 28, 2008
that was actually 3 grades in baseketball
maroony

Finley, TN

#30 Jul 28, 2008
northerns b team baseball beat meece twice last year and the games were not that closeso, you are wrong sports guy.
meece middle

Murray, KY

#31 Jul 28, 2008
The Sports Guy wrote:
Northern did not win even one game against Meece this season. Meece swept them in football (both grades), basketball (all 2 grades) and twice in baseball. Northern sports are a joke.
southern only won against out great 8th grade basketball team. i know in football we sweap them, basketball 6th and 7th sweap, baseball we won. our b team lost maybe as they sucked in baseball.
yellow jackets

Dahlonega, GA

#32 Jul 28, 2008
i think that science hill has a good football team!!!!!!
puma

Lexington, KY

#33 Jul 29, 2008
somerset, you can win your little class a tourneys you brag about then go out and lose in the 1st round of the region again if you get that far.
Pumatized

Corbin, KY

#34 Jul 29, 2008
puma wrote:
somerset, you can win your little class a tourneys you brag about then go out and lose in the 1st round of the region again if you get that far.
Somerset did put too much emphasis on the class A tournament, but Somerset won their first regional game since the 90's this year. I don't think they will be winning any more regional games until the Gover and Dishman kid are big enough to help Townsend.
Warriors

Louisville, KY

#35 Jul 29, 2008
Southerns 7th grade basketball team will be really good this season.
meece middle

Murray, KY

#36 Jul 29, 2008
Warriors wrote:
Southerns 7th grade basketball team will be really good this season.
your right as they had a couple stay back. the games between them and meece should good ones.
sw forever

London, KY

#37 Jul 30, 2008
HANDS DOWN HAS TO BE SOUTHERN......NOW THAT THEY HAVE HONEYCUTT FOR A F-BALL COACH AND FITZ FOR THE B-BALL COACH
PRAISE

Hazard, KY

#38 Jul 30, 2008
sw forever wrote:
HANDS DOWN HAS TO BE SOUTHERN......NOW THAT THEY HAVE HONEYCUTT FOR A F-BALL COACH AND FITZ FOR THE B-BALL COACH
Southern Middle?? Coach Engle is not there anymore??
Somerset Fan

Somerset, KY

#39 Jul 30, 2008
Two great hires but that does not automatically put them on top, it will have to proven on the court and field. 1. Meece 2. Southern and a far distant 3rd. Northern.
meece middle

Murray, KY

#40 Jul 30, 2008
Somerset Fan wrote:
Two great hires but that does not automatically put them on top, it will have to proven on the court and field. 1. Meece 2. Southern and a far distant 3rd. Northern.
have to agree with that right now till proven othwise. should be a fun year in midlle school sports. great coach in all three schools now with the exception of one at meece that is still old school from thacker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mighty Dollor 20 min becky 5
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 37 min positronium 34,783
This or That? (May '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 2,201
Jennifer Neal 2 hr Molly 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr usa 158,183
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 7 hr Princess Hey 12,975
Need to find new Dr was patients of Dr grimble 7 hr username 50

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance