white cheese at mexican places

white cheese at mexican places

Posted in the Somerset Forum

wondering

Naperville, IL

#1 Oct 1, 2012
What kind is on the tacos and for the dip?
intheknow

Brownsville, TN

#2 Oct 1, 2012
It's goat cheese and is awesome!
gomer-ez

London, KY

#3 Oct 1, 2012
"Asadero " This is probably the cheese you are thinking of.There are 2 or 3 different white Mexican cheese.Look in the Mexican cheese section.Better yet ask the waiter or cook.
Hope this helps
Truth Seeker

Richmond, KY

#4 Oct 1, 2012
Y'all do realize that the cheese used to make the cheese dip at the Mexican restaurants can be found at Kroger or Walmart, right?
Gomer-EZ

London, KY

#6 Oct 2, 2012
Truth Seeker wrote:
Y'all do realize that the cheese used to make the cheese dip at the Mexican restaurants can be found at Kroger or Walmart, right?
Who wants to eat a product that is not as good, when I can make my own.
Iknow

Versailles, KY

#7 Oct 2, 2012
The cheese they use is Land'o'lake White American cheese you can buy at any deli. Have them just chunk you off a 1lb cube of it... take it home, get it cold and shred it up as you want it. Add either cream or milk, some diced Jalepenos and nuke it for a few seconds till the cheese liquifies. Stir it up, and enjoy with chips or on a tasty dish.
Gomer-EZ

London, KY

#8 Oct 2, 2012
Iknow wrote:
The cheese they use is Land'o'lake White American cheese you can buy at any deli. Have them just chunk you off a 1lb cube of it... take it home, get it cold and shred it up as you want it. Add either cream or milk, some diced Jalepenos and nuke it for a few seconds till the cheese liquifies. Stir it up, and enjoy with chips or on a tasty dish.
That's what people in somerset do.Not people who want a good ole Mexican taste.
You can roll a horse turd in brown sugar,but it is still a turd.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#10 Oct 2, 2012
Gomer-EZ wrote:
<quoted text>That's what people in somerset do.Not people who want a good ole Mexican taste.
You can roll a horse turd in brown sugar,but it is still a turd.
Yep , but the sugar helps -

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#11 Oct 2, 2012
I really like Goat cheese.
Zzz

Brownsville, TN

#14 Oct 3, 2012
Its queso.
Twinkle Toes

Berea, KY

#15 Oct 3, 2012
How do they make the salsa? I cant get the correct pepper used.
Substitute

Nashville, TN

#17 Oct 4, 2012
You will never find Asadero cheese in the area. You can you Monterey Jack cheese. Just melt in the microwave. Taste just the same.
what I know

Somerset, KY

#18 Oct 5, 2012
wal-mart has it in the deli
Iknow

Somerset, KY

#22 Oct 6, 2012
Gomer-EZ wrote:
<quoted text>That's what people in somerset do.Not people who want a good ole Mexican taste.
You can roll a horse turd in brown sugar,but it is still a turd.
Not really... probably 90% of Mexican rest.'s use this method or a similar one. Cheese has never been a real staple of actual Mexican food, it's more of a Tex-Mex thing that took off in the early to mid 1900's.
Truth Seeker

Maryville, TN

#23 Oct 6, 2012
Gomer-EZ wrote:
<quoted text>Who wants to eat a product that is not as good, when I can make my own.
It is a block of cheese that you add a little milk to and melt to make the cheese dip. Just saying.
Queso

Nashville, TN

#30 Oct 9, 2012
I like the salsa at Casa.
Pedro

Dallas, TX

#38 Oct 21, 2012
All I know is you have Mexican name they delete you post on this website. They delete everything you put on. Es like A racist or some thing. Just watch Pedro's posts
gomer-ez

London, KY

#40 Oct 21, 2012
Iknow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really... probably 90% of Mexican rest.'s use this method or a similar one. Cheese has never been a real staple of actual Mexican food, it's more of a Tex-Mex thing that took off in the early to mid 1900's.
The taco we have today is totally American.The shell,ground meat,all american deviations of the taco.
Pedro

White Oak, TX

#41 Oct 21, 2012
We need Chipotle in Somerset. Es American style, but Pedro like very mucho.
serrano

United States

#42 Oct 29, 2012
Twinkle Toes wrote:
How do they make the salsa? I cant get the correct pepper used.
Try a serrano. You can get them at kroger

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min usa 165,478
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 46 min Alyssa76 13,619
News Somerset mother accused of sending pornographic... (Feb '13) 1 hr Snitching on em 25
Mentally unstable Pan Handler 1 hr Forsure 5
Philosophical Question 2 hr Forsure 5
Culvers possibly closing next month 2 hr allergic 25
Jailer 3 hr Forsure 28

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages