Kentucky City Opens Own Gas Station t...

Kentucky City Opens Own Gas Station to Lower Prices

There are 16 comments on the US News & World Report story from Jun 18, 2014, titled Kentucky City Opens Own Gas Station to Lower Prices. In it, US News & World Report reports that:

In Somerset, Kentucky, folks are angry about high gas prices. And elected officials there have questioned the prices that local distributors charge retailers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at US News & World Report.

dean

Manchester, KY

#1 Jun 19, 2014
where is it located.
Hmm

Somerset, KY

#2 Jun 19, 2014
For years Somerset has been 10 cents or higher more expensive than surrounding areas.
I'll believe it when I see it.
gladthelakeisbac k

United States

#3 Jun 19, 2014
dean wrote:
where is it located.
Turn west at the light number one, Clifty Road, and go towards New Life Industries. Then turn left on Chappells Dairy Road. The gas station is right past New Life Industries on the right.
Hopper

London, KY

#4 Jun 20, 2014
How do we know what the price is without driving over there?

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#5 Jun 20, 2014
The pumps are set on $3.10 - Attendant said pumping would start on July 5th - I'll buy that -
shot

Somerset, KY

#6 Jun 20, 2014
This won't stand, the government isn't allowed to compete. They'll be sued, and rightfully so.
lol

Manchester, KY

#7 Jun 20, 2014
shot wrote:
This won't stand, the government isn't allowed to compete. They'll be sued, and rightfully so.
you must be a gas station owner. Are you afraid of losing business and not being able to gouge your customers? Stop whining and drop your price for gas.
gladthelakeisbac k

San Mateo, CA

#8 Jun 20, 2014
Knowitall9 wrote:
The pumps are set on $3.10 - Attendant said pumping would start on July 5th - I'll buy that -
Me too! I'll take a $4.00+ savings on 10 gallons of fossil fuel any day! Cheers!
me well

London, KY

#9 Jun 20, 2014
I will sit for hrs. too keep from giving old stations my money!
Thanks Somerset
soccer mom

Shelbyville, IN

#10 Jun 20, 2014
Who would've thunk it. Somerset, a cutting edge city moving at light speed into the future. Proud to be a homer.

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11 Jun 21, 2014
The dumb question of the year. Is it gasoline, or a natural gas station? The web says natural gas. Has anyone been there?
Gilbert

Somerset, KY

#12 Jun 21, 2014
Why is gas prices so high here anyway?
Fred

Manchester, KY

#13 Jun 21, 2014
It's gasoline Gomer-ez, there is an article about it in last weeks news paper. 10 new pumps, supposed to be open by July 5th, and yes there is a natural gas station as well. I thinks it is in the same area.
gladthelakeisbac k

United States

#14 Jun 21, 2014
Gilbert wrote:
Why is gas prices so high here anyway?
Rich, greedy station owners... Bah! Humbug!
price

London, KY

#16 Jun 21, 2014
Why is the price set at $3.10 this far ahead?

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#17 Jun 21, 2014
price wrote:
Why is the price set at $3.10 this far ahead?
At the present time , that's the minimum cost per gallon , plus a marginal markup to offset costs to bring it to the pumps -
Even @$3.10 , lets enjoy the slight discount - I will -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min spaceship 141,425
Confederate flag: Heritage or Hate (May '09) 13 min theologos 110
Garbage pick up 54 min Bob 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Somerset, KY (Jul '10) 57 min The Court 840
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr Junket 26,918
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 3 hr Dickens1 11,322
Politicians refusing to perform Duties. 6 hr still posting 11
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages