Burnside Christmas Island...No Ford L...

Burnside Christmas Island...No Ford Lights again

Posted in the Somerset Forum

Whatever

United States

#1 Dec 17, 2012
I would like to know how many loved the lights at Burnside Island more than Lee's Ford Dock?? The Marina no longer are showing the lights due to bad maintenance of all the lights that were taken from Burnside island and the lack of work it took to set up such a beautiful event. Do you want Burnside Christmas Island back?
ooo

Brownsville, TN

#2 Dec 17, 2012
Yes! The island was so much nicer. It was never the same at Lees Ford.
Lights

Somerset, KY

#3 Dec 17, 2012
I think they both were kind of tacky.

Cool Hand Clem

“One day at a time”

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

#4 Dec 18, 2012
Ive seen better.
source

Olive Hill, KY

#5 Dec 18, 2012
It takes alot of maintance to keep the display updated year after year, those displays were really old and weather worn. After awhle it is to the point of rewiring and electrical work needing done. It cost electric to run those lights as well all thru the holiday and with economics and rising cost of utilties, it is not feasable to do the display without charging too much to those that want to see them. Some things are meant as good memories of the past. Merry Christmas
why

Belvidere, IL

#6 Dec 18, 2012
Go to Lights Under Louisville or the horse park. Same thing but much better
ooo

Brownsville, TN

#7 Dec 18, 2012
source wrote:
It takes alot of maintance to keep the display updated year after year, those displays were really old and weather worn. After awhle it is to the point of rewiring and electrical work needing done. It cost electric to run those lights as well all thru the holiday and with economics and rising cost of utilties, it is not feasable to do the display without charging too much to those that want to see them. Some things are meant as good memories of the past. Merry Christmas
I understand that costs are rising, but the mentality that things like this are meant to be memories is exactly why this town is in ruins. Older people have memories of good times gone by, and the younger generations are left with nothing of substance. They don't even have a tree in town square to enjoy anymore.
Nosnow

Lexington, KY

#8 Dec 19, 2012
I have seen three comments in this regard...I 100% agree. Relocating Burnside's Christmas Island lights to Lee's Ford Dock was a completely failure. ..and disgusting dealings...I want the lights back at Burnsides Christmas Island too.
Nosnow

Lexington, KY

#9 Dec 20, 2012
Burnside can make Christmas Island better.....we also need more organizers in this county ..other counties out weighs Pulaski county by far in events, festivals and Christmas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 56 min Traveler 148,993
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr _Susan_ 31,981
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 4 hr Red_Forman 12,550
tri county animal she4lter 5 hr outraged 1
Rules of dating a outlaw (May '10) 9 hr Copsarecrooks 22
adam stamper 12 hr workedwitholepop 12
heard adam stamper likes whang dangs 12 hr workedwitholepop 12

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages