Why isn't the fountain running?

Why isn't the fountain running?

Posted in the Somerset Forum

Jimmy

Mount Vernon, KY

#1 Aug 20, 2013
why isn't the fountain running downtown? i thought it was ready to go?
Grady

London, KY

#2 Aug 20, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
They have been testing it and have a couple of minor things to fix/finish up on the lights, timer and drainage system. Should be good to go next week at the latest.
chrh

Pineville, KY

#4 Aug 20, 2013
Lasted a few days and now its turned off, someone say we spent a million dollars on that thing?
yeah man

London, KY

#5 Aug 20, 2013
The lower tier lights aren't staying on due to a ground fault issue. Its not the fountain at all. Fixing the lower lights requires the fountain retaining pool to be empty. Not all these fancy technical items work as they should. We appreciate your patience while we fix your long awaited town fountain... God bless and thanks for your understanding.
shell layley

Bloomington, IN

#6 Aug 20, 2013
What was wrong with the old one?
water boy

London, KY

#7 Aug 20, 2013
1. Once again, the fountain is not broke. It is being turned on and off for testing and tweaking the lights. It is also being turned off and on manually right now until the timer is programmed. Eventually it will be turned on and off at a set time and set at different levels throughout the day to save cost.

2. The fountain does not have a leak. The water you see on Main Street is coming from the vault and is only temporary. There is a part currently being installed that stops that.
gonzo

London, KY

#8 Aug 21, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
It is running...just like County government..not too good.

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#9 Aug 21, 2013
It is taking a beer break.
voter1

Pineville, KY

#10 Aug 24, 2013
Went by there this morning off and this afternoon off and tonight around midnight off. Nice fountain guess it is true the county can't afford to run that million dollar water jug. Why have it when it never is on? Can't stand Girdler but maybe he was right should of put a intersection down the middle of it

“Taste great in milk!”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

#11 Aug 25, 2013
I can get it running, but You'll need to pay Me $15/hr to chase it.
voter1

Pineville, KY

#12 Aug 25, 2013
voter1 wrote:
Went by there this morning off and this afternoon off and tonight around midnight off. Nice fountain guess it is true the county can't afford to run that million dollar water jug. Why have it when it never is on? Can't stand Girdler but maybe he was right should of put a intersection down the middle of it
I see the clueless, nuts and disagree button (CJ). If you don't like my comment get that million dollar brick master piece running. I like the old square better, it had character. This thing looks terrible when its turned off
gonzo

Mount Vernon, KY

#14 Aug 25, 2013
voter1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the clueless, nuts and disagree button (CJ). If you don't like my comment get that million dollar brick master piece running. I like the old square better, it had character. This thing looks terrible when its turned off
Yea....overkill......
Bubbles

London, KY

#15 Aug 25, 2013
chrh wrote:
Lasted a few days and now its turned off, someone say we spent a million dollars on that thing?
I would rather turn on my water hose, spray it up in the air and have some Christmas lights around it in the grass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 19 min Lol 165,730
News Burnside Marina (Aug '13) 1 hr SoTrue 10
Big boobs are gross, who agrees? (Apr '09) 2 hr Hey 145
~~*last post wins*~~ (Mar '11) 2 hr Maverick 808 15,652
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr Trouser Cough 36,591
Looking for a old friend 3 hr Fyi 5
Josh johnson 5 hr John whang 8

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance