How is Dr. Cook?
Curious

Wilmore, KY

#1 May 15, 2008
Is Dr. Cook a good doc? I was just wanting somebody elses ideas on him.
wondering

Brentwood, TN

#2 May 15, 2008
Which Dr. Cook? Samira? Donita?
Opinionated

Leavenworth, IN

#3 May 16, 2008
If you are talking about Dr S. Cook, He is the best gastroenterologist in town. His nurse parctioner Angie is awesome as well. They will sit down with you and explain things. His wife, Dr D. Cook is very intelligent and kind as well. I think she is internal medicine, but I thought she worked for the hospital and didn't have an office. If she does though, I would recommend her.

“Papa G”

Since: Apr 08

Somerset Ky

#4 May 16, 2008
my experience has been good, however you will see more of the Nurse Practitoner than the doc himself. but no complaints about him.
JHE

United States

#5 May 16, 2008
i must say, dr cook is an unbelievable dr and an outstanding human being. he is over worked, but you would never know it. his staff is impecable, and he will care for you as if you were part of his family. three thumbs up!!!
patient

London, KY

#6 Jul 5, 2008
absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!!
one of the most caring physicians i know
patient too

Hazard, KY

#7 Jul 14, 2008
He is an amazing doctor. He truly cares about his patients and will work hard to find the best treatment for you. Extremely knowledgable and dedicated. And I agree with Opinionated; Angie, his nurse practitioner is also fabulous.
The Best

Manchester, KY

#8 Nov 11, 2008
He is Awesome..I feel he is the best. Angie too. My husband and I both feel blessed to have them.
Class of 90 Too

Corbin, KY

#9 Nov 17, 2008
He took good care of my granny last week. I wouldn't want any other doctor doing scopes on me or any one in my family. Angie is great too! And family.
concerned too

Pineville, KY

#10 Nov 17, 2008
I've been seeing him for 10 yrs. I wouldn't see any other gastro. dr. Great bedside manners.
Huckleberry

Somerset, KY

#11 Nov 17, 2008
I agree, he's a good one! Overworked for sure though!
JoDee

Pineville, KY

#12 Nov 17, 2008
Thanks to all of you for for nice comments, I work for Dr. Cook and we do try to do our best for all our patients. Without you ( the patients ) we don't have a job!
a friend

Richmond, KY

#13 Nov 18, 2008
JoDee wrote:
Thanks to all of you for for nice comments, I work for Dr. Cook and we do try to do our best for all our patients. Without you ( the patients ) we don't have a job!
Hey JoDee, not going to mention my name, but i have been having some stomach trouble, I have been to Dr Cook several times, he has done my endoscopy, the soonest they could get me in was in March "09",but i went to Dr Cherry and his nurse practioner called and got me in with Dr Cooks NP Stinson on Dec 10, but not sure if i can wait that long, can you see if you can do anything to get my apt moved up sooner, you will recognize my name on the schedule for that day, Wendy will also, if you can get me in sooner i would really appreciate it, you can call me, my number is on my chart, thanks! "D"
Jungle

United States

#14 Oct 6, 2011
I know this is an older post, but I wanted to add my experience. He was great, very concerned and he gave me his home phone number and said if I had any problems during the night or weekend to call him. How many doctors are willing to do that. After my procedure my condition was instantly better. Somerset is fortunate to have him.
Oh snap

Brownsville, TN

#15 Oct 12, 2011
He' s ok. If he has grand kids, they would prob call him Pap-Samir. Get it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Patriot 166,315
Sams club 2 hr John Boy Walton 3
Fire at Kroger 2 hr Dude 3
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr Rickster-- 36,843
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 4 hr Gunslinger45 13,660
Sick of you John whang! 4 hr Forsure 1
anti-vaxers are so stupid... 4 hr Buck Nekkid 3

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages