Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Earlier there was a vote to cut the NSA's funding and it failed by just 12 votes. Hal Rogers voted against cutting it. I guess he thinks we all like knowing every conversation we have on the phone is being recorded and stored. Thanks for looking out for us, Hal!
Notparanoid

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

He's voting for me. I would have voted the same way.
Less Booze

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

One of the very few times old Hal and I agree.
sad

Science Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Typical politician , cut funding to local law enforcement but waste billions on federal programs.
glad

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

sad wrote:
Typical politician , cut funding to local law enforcement but waste billions on federal programs.
Why do you think local law enforcement should be funded by the federal government?
Paul Revere

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

glad wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think local law enforcement should be funded by the federal government?
Excellent question!
Nanny state mentality.
Voter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Local law enforcement shouldn't get federal funding.

The NSA shouldn't be able to do blanket surveillance, especially unwarranted, on American citizens, especially within the borders of the United States.
F Man

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

B Man wrote:
It is sad how many citizens today so whole-heartedly accept warrantless surveillance.
It is sad how many citizens today so whole-heartedly reject warrantless surveillance.
It could be used to put a stop to a lot of garbage.
Tough Love

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

B Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as?
Wonder what George Washington and Ben Franklin would had thought about King George collecting and secretly reading all their coorespondance under the guise of protecting the colonies from some imaginary, trumped-up Indian threat?
So you believe that the threat to our country from terrorists living and working outside our borders is "imaginary and trumped up?" How quickly some forget.
Hey Now

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Hal is a solid republican. In other words, he votes the way he's told.

Save the cheetah!
CTT

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Freedom wrote:
Earlier there was a vote to cut the NSA's funding and it failed by just 12 votes. Hal Rogers voted against cutting it. I guess he thinks we all like knowing every conversation we have on the phone is being recorded and stored. Thanks for looking out for us, Hal!
Unless I'm badly mistaken they're not recording conversations, just keeping logs of numbers involved.

To be honest I've always figured they had access to this information. It goes without saying the telephone companies were keeping this data, the only thing surprised me was that the NSA is also.
Tough Love

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

CTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless I'm badly mistaken they're not recording conversations, just keeping logs of numbers involved.
To be honest I've always figured they had access to this information. It goes without saying the telephone companies were keeping this data, the only thing surprised me was that the NSA is also.
That's the way it has been explained. They are only interested in who known overseas terrorists are contacting in the US. In order to access a call they go to court and get a warrant, just like they do in all criminal cases. So unless you are a terrorist or in contact with overseas terrorists, no one will ever access anything.
Tough Love

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

B Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. Using some nebulous threat that has killed around 3k Americans since 2001(counting 9/11) as an excuse to spy on all the communication of 300,000,000+ American citizens is most certainly "trumped up".
You and everyone you know will never be harmed by terrorists on American soil. 99.99999% chance.
Pretty good odds. Definitely not worth handing over our privacy and independance as a nation to a police/surveillance state.
Somehow I suspect that if and when there is another attack on US soil, you will be one of the strident voices demanding to know about how the government let it happen.
CTT

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Tough Love wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the way it has been explained. They are only interested in who known overseas terrorists are contacting in the US. In order to access a call they go to court and get a warrant, just like they do in all criminal cases. So unless you are a terrorist or in contact with overseas terrorists, no one will ever access anything.
Yep, though I've no doubt they'd try to store the conversations if it were possible. Even keeping track of just the numbers is taxing available technology, it'll be a LONG while before storing conversations is possible.
old dawg

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

so we're back to the moderator deleting posts they don't agree with?
its been a long time since I had one trashed, I thought we were past that.
Hopper

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

All the post are still here, all 18 of'em.
Inspector Gadget

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

old dawg wrote:
so we're back to the moderator deleting posts they don't agree with?
its been a long time since I had one trashed, I thought we were past that.
Maybe the NSA confiscated it.
ha ha ha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Freedom wrote:
Another libtard moron that known nothing. It his ah obama that doing the spying. Phony obama can stop it anytime he doesn't need congress to pass a law .
People like "freedom" eat obama chit so much they cannot known the truth about anything.
Voter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>Another libtard moron that known nothing. It his ah obama that doing the spying. Phony obama can stop it anytime he doesn't need congress to pass a law .
People like "freedom" eat obama chit so much they cannot known the truth about anything.
I'm all for mocking liberal progressive morons, but Hal Rogers voting against it tells us something about him. It tells us that he doesn't see an issue violating our Third and Fourth Amendment rights, because he could have sent a clear signal by voting against funding. Only one Republican from KY voted to eliminate funding, Congressman Massie from the 4th district. The rest support government intrusion in our lives, as long as it's their type of intrusion and one of their own doing it.
old dawg

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Hopper wrote:
All the post are still here, all 18 of'em.
are you the moderator? i posted early in the discussion, maybe the 3/4th entry. it appears to have vaporized.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Somerset Forum right now

Search the Somerset Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min curious 122,773
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 1 hr Doug77 10,052
Operation Unite 1 hr Gomer-ez 7
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr nope 920
Are you a Republican or a Democrat? 2 hr Tough Love 31
Pay Lake 2 hr ICU 1
Anything new? 2 hr pore ole rodney king 5
•••
•••