No school today in Pulaski County

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yep

Richmond, KY

#1 Jan 4, 2010
No school today for students in the Pulaski County School System.
Jason

Bedminster, NJ

#2 Jan 4, 2010
theres no school in mccreary county either, too bad they wont call off work too. lol
rockcastle

United States

#4 Jan 4, 2010
Still school in Rockcastle we didnt get so lucky? dont know why though?
hellcat

London, KY

#5 Jan 4, 2010
Is the Somerset school system having school today? I dont know why there wasnt a delay instead of calling school off for the intire day! This really is ridculous!
just sayin

London, KY

#6 Jan 4, 2010
Have you been on the roads? Obviously not. The backroads are slick, and they are not going to melt. The temperature is not going to warm up enough today.
Phoenix Rising_76

United States

#7 Jan 4, 2010
West 80 is slick in spots as are the back roads. It's peppering down the snow out here.
hellcat

London, KY

#8 Jan 4, 2010
Dang...I bet we get snowed in this week! This sucks!
Phoenix Rising_76

United States

#9 Jan 4, 2010
Temps aren't supposed to get over 30 this week. Bundle up if you have to go out! Be careful on the roads!
observer1

Middlesboro, KY

#10 Jan 4, 2010
hellcat wrote:
Is the Somerset school system having school today? I dont know why there wasnt a delay instead of calling school off for the intire day! This really is ridculous!
Yes, Somerset City School System did have classes today. It would take more then a dusting of snow for the city to close. Hope all the students and faculty have a great day!
oh not bad

United States

#11 Jan 4, 2010
this is retarded all the schools should have canceled, I was driving to school today and seen a bad wreck on 1247 the system should have never chanced it.
crazy

Brodhead, KY

#12 Jan 4, 2010
science hill school had it too....
Phoenix Rising_76

United States

#13 Jan 4, 2010
It's still snowing out this way. I'm glad they did cancel scholl today. Wonder about tomorrow. Those backroads probably won't melt.
student

London, KY

#14 Jan 4, 2010
so are we going to be getting out of school tomorrow?
Phoenix Rising_76

United States

#15 Jan 4, 2010
Haven't heard. The snow has melted here.
Yep

Richmond, KY

#16 Jan 4, 2010
It' all melted off up here in the Eubank/Science Hill area too. And it's "warmed" up enough that the shower in my 2nd bathroom is unfroze now!! LOL!!!

“Our God is an AWESOME God”

Level 1

Since: Jun 09

Somerset,ky

#17 Jan 4, 2010
my school called earlier today and they acted like school might be closed tomorrow for PC School District also...there is a 50% chance of snow showers for tonight and tomorrow...and chance of flurries tomorrow and 70% chance of snow showers Thursday...chances are good that most of this week PC Schools will be out due to snow...especially if backroads are bad

Level 1

Somerset,ky

#18 Jan 4, 2010
Phoenix Rising_76 wrote:
It's still snowing out this way. I'm glad they did cancel scholl today. Wonder about tomorrow. Those backroads probably won't melt.
looking at the forcast..50% chance of Snow showers tonight and tomorrow, flurries Wed. and 70% chance of snow showers Thursday, PC Schools may be out quite a bit this week, especially if the backroads stay as bad as people are saying they are
tommy

Somerset, KY

#19 Jan 4, 2010
ZacharyLee wrote:
<quoted text> looking at the forcast..50% chance of Snow showers tonight and tomorrow, flurries Wed. and 70% chance of snow showers Thursday, PC Schools may be out quite a bit this week, especially if the backroads stay as bad as people are saying they are
its time for school systems, to stop all buses make parents take them to school unless its over 6 inches of snow does the mail quit running? no do they go on backroads? yes,
Phoenix Rising_76

United States

#20 Jan 4, 2010
tommy wrote:
<quoted text>its time for school systems, to stop all buses make parents take them to school unless its over 6 inches of snow does the mail quit running? no do they go on backroads? yes,
What good would that do? Having the parents drive the children to school on slick backroads would probably cause more wrecks and stretch our county's resources thinner than what they are already.

Level 1

Somerset,ky

#21 Jan 4, 2010
tommy wrote:
<quoted text>its time for school systems, to stop all buses make parents take them to school unless its over 6 inches of snow does the mail quit running? no do they go on backroads? yes,
does 30 kids ride in the mail vehicle? no does 30 kids ride in a bus? Yes Are parents going to have time to take kids to school and get to work on time? NO Are they going to be able to find someone to take their kids to school for them? NO becuase they have jobs too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steven Brown (Mar '16) 10 min Shameful 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min usa 165,674
Big boobs are gross, who agrees? (Apr '09) 1 hr Donnie 139
Southeastern water office 3 hr elvis 43
~~*last post wins*~~ (Mar '11) 4 hr Concerned_American 15,646
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 4 hr Rickster-- 36,579
Hair Salon 10 hr Jeff 7

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance