hopkins elementary
Disappointed

Mount Vernon, KY

#1 Apr 29, 2013
I am very disappointed in this school. My son goes to this school, and it seems like if you are not one of the high kaflootin rick people the school treats you like crap. The rich people get better treatment at Hopkins while the poor people basically get spit on. I would rather sleep in a snow storm than send my son back to that school next year.
somerset man

Pineville, KY

#2 Apr 29, 2013
Thats how it is in any school system in this county. Who you know
Hopkins alumni

United States

#3 Apr 29, 2013
Disappointed wrote:
I am very disappointed in this school. My son goes to this school, and it seems like if you are not one of the high kaflootin rick people the school treats you like crap. The rich people get better treatment at Hopkins while the poor people basically get spit on. I would rather sleep in a snow storm than send my son back to that school next year.

sorry you feel that way.I grew up with and
attended Somerset schools with the principal and assistant principal. Mike was not one of the" Rich kids". and his parents work their butts off for everything they had. he is probably one of the most dedicated, hardest working people I know.Tim's father also made sure he understood the meaning of hard work and treating people right. I Find it hard to believe they would not take time to help student anyway they could, if you're having problems with a teacher you should discuss it directly with them. They will take care of it. I couldn't think of anyone I would trust more to lookout for my kids while at school.
Disappointed

Mount Vernon, KY

#4 Apr 29, 2013
Hopkins alumni wrote:
<quoted text>.
sorry you feel that way.I grew up with and
attended Somerset schools with the principal and assistant principal. Mike was not one of the" Rich kids". and his parents work their butts off for everything they had. he is probably one of the most dedicated, hardest working people I know.Tim's father also made sure he understood the meaning of hard work and treating people right. I Find it hard to believe they would not take time to help student anyway they could, if you're having problems with a teacher you should discuss it directly with them. They will take care of it. I couldn't think of anyone I would trust more to lookout for my kids while at school.
You must be one of the rich parents.
Hopkins alumni

Brownsville, TN

#5 Apr 29, 2013
nope. just getting by like most people.
Hmmmm

United States

#6 Apr 29, 2013
My child went there, because I went there. I pulled her out in 2nd grade and sent her to a county school.

I promise not all schools treat kids badly for being poor. Do what's best for your child.
Wicked Witch

Mount Vernon, KY

#7 Apr 29, 2013
Hopkins alumni wrote:
nope. just getting by like most people.
By just getting by, do you mean house, 2 cars, vacations at least every summer, bills paid, and a few extras...or rent due, car needs fixed, bill juggling, vacation what's that, extras would be pizza and a red box movie when you get a free code.
There is a big difference, and the children with lesser finances are treated differently. By both staff and peers.
Disappointed

Mount Vernon, KY

#9 Apr 29, 2013
Wicked Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
By just getting by, do you mean house, 2 cars, vacations at least every summer, bills paid, and a few extras...or rent due, car needs fixed, bill juggling, vacation what's that, extras would be pizza and a red box movie when you get a free code.
There is a big difference, and the children with lesser finances are treated differently. By both staff and peers.
Finally someone who agrees with me. Also the parents with lesser finance get treated differently by Hopkins staff because they contribute more because they have a lot of cash.
Wicked Witch

Mount Vernon, KY

#10 Apr 29, 2013
Disappointed wrote:
<quoted text>Finally someone who agrees with me. Also the parents with lesser finance get treated differently by Hopkins staff because they contribute more because they have a lot of cash.
I can so relate I have been on both sides. Had money now don't, my children and I have been removed from our "rich" friends lists (FB pun intended..) and even family. It's just a travesty that this sort of inequality prejudism still exists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 46 min gladthelakeisback 32,702
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Patriot 151,618
is boney ingram Bo cooks real Dad 7 hr willie 9
Mona 8 hr wiffle 1
How to get 100% PTSD Disability (May '12) 9 hr joan 101st 151
Steve Crabtree to run against Eddie Girdler and... (Jan '14) 9 hr Hawaiian Tropic 48
Need Work? We Want You, wait you're not a frie... 9 hr Hawaiian Tropic 7

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages