Dream Catcher Kennels
Ole Eubanker

London, KY

#1 Jan 5, 2014
Is Dream Catcher Kennels in Nancy still in business? What kind of dogs do they have?
Puppy Mill

London, KY

#2 Jan 6, 2014
Check out this article about Dream Catcher Kennels. Doesn't sound like a good idea to get a dog from there.

http://www.wave3.com/story/23934824/puppy-mil...
mdb

Lexington, KY

#3 Jan 6, 2014
this type of operation should not be allowed to continue.
Puppy Mill

London, KY

#6 Jan 10, 2014
That's for sureĀ…
Lynne McCoy

Lexington, KY

#7 Jan 13, 2014
This is a puppy mill pure & simple. Not a good place to get a dog from.
moving

Perth Amboy, NJ

#8 Jan 21, 2014
Raided today! Thank goodness someone finally moved on this! So sad the locals let it go so long.
Thank Goodness

Franklin, KY

#9 Jan 21, 2014
A puppy Mill for sure. At least they got them before the next cold snap.
Having the resources to take on puppy mills or any animal is a issue in KY. There just isn't funds required to take on that many animals at one time. It's not just cages and food that is required unfortunately there will be some needing to be put down and alot of vet bills they are not in good shape. Relocating all of them is a big taking on. They will also have to find a place for the wolf and any of its offspring. Thank goodness someone finally step in to help the animals in need.
ugh

Perth Amboy, NJ

#10 Jan 21, 2014
There is an unofficial network of rescues in Ky, and in this type of situation it is important to utilize it! Frankly Pulaski Co is dropping the ball in this area. Franklin Co has a shelter roughly the same size and has broken up at least two mills that I know of in the last year. It is all in how serious local leaders are in breaking up this sort of thing.
Thank Goodness

Franklin, KY

#11 Jan 21, 2014
I know I reported them but they said they were full we take in for a few counties they said they didn't have the resources. Not sure the Humane Society here wouldn't even return calls so not sure if they even try to work together or not.
Ole Eubanker

London, KY

#14 Jan 21, 2014
I understand that it wasn't a raid. It was part of a plea bargain. The owner surrendered his dogs in exchange for a lesser sentence. Still, it works out better for the dogs.
shame

Somerset, KY

#15 Jan 22, 2014
It's a shame how long this was allowed to go on. And then half of county government goes out there to get publicity for doing what they should have done weeks ago? Sad
doglover

Webster, NY

#17 Jan 22, 2014
Brenda

Louisville, KY

#18 Jan 22, 2014
Ole Eubanker wrote:
I understand that it wasn't a raid. It was part of a plea bargain. The owner surrendered his dogs in exchange for a lesser sentence. Still, it works out better for the dogs.
ALL the dogs have been transferred to Louisville, Kentucky, where they will be evaluated and treated and put up for adoption.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr CriminalsForever 149,858
Store Manager Needed ASAP 3 hr rattletrap 5
Female fwb wanted for x marine 3 hr Maintance man 10
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 5 hr Trouser Cough 32,278
go trump go 7 hr jessup 5
ttai 10 hr fedup 37
Older women 11 hr Maintance man 9

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages