Docs who prescribe adipex?

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SLIPKNOT

Bledsoe, KY

#1 Aug 10, 2008
Are there any doctors or nurse practioners in Somerset who prescribe Adipex?
moni

Corbin, KY

#2 Aug 10, 2008
Everyone prescribes it, its if they will or not. I get 45 37.5 mg pills a month from New Weigh clinic in Winfield TN. Its only about 45 minutes away. Any I pay about $87 each time I go for everything.
get real

Brownsville, TN

#3 Aug 10, 2008
it's not very smart asking for stuff like this on the net.

i get them perscribed.. but i don't think my doctor will appreciate me plastering his name on the internet.
moni

Corbin, KY

#4 Aug 10, 2008
its a clinic, and they want people to tell their friends... They only prescribe addipex, so they want people referred to them for that specific reason.

so go there.... and you'll lose weight.
get real

Brownsville, TN

#5 Aug 10, 2008
my family doctor here in town perscribes them to me. i get them for $40 w/ my insurance.
get real

Brownsville, TN

#6 Aug 10, 2008
i took them once for about 6 months and i lost 62 pounds. then, i got pregnant and now that i have had the baby, i am back on them. i gained 75 pounds while pregnant - i have been on them for 6 months, and i have only lost 12 pounds. i dont understand.
sandra

Corbin, KY

#7 Aug 10, 2008
when I take them regularly,,, I can tell I've took them.. When I miss a dose, I can tell I've not. ITs also about will power and the time that you take them. If you take one a day, take a half around 10 and then take the other half around 2 or 3.
get real

Brownsville, TN

#8 Aug 10, 2008
how long have you been on them, and how much have you lost? i did so well the first time, i dont understand why i am having such a hard time now.
sarah

Mount Vernon, KY

#9 Aug 10, 2008
i lost 72 lbs. i gained alot of weight after my husband died. i started taking two a day, and excercising.
sandra

Corbin, KY

#10 Aug 10, 2008
I've been on them for about 2.5 months. I've only lost about 20 lbs.. which is a healthy amount to lose in that time period.

My problem is that I take my meds in the day, but I stay up late... so at night it wears off, and thats when I get hungry. I can go all day eating really healthy, and then around 9-10pm, It gets bad. I don't like taking them any later than around 4 because I freak out and can't sleep... But I think I'm doin ok with what I got.

I would just pick something that you eat/drink everyday, and stop eating it.

I stopped drinking coffee. it helps with the weight loss a lot, believe it or not.
fluffy not fat

Bledsoe, KY

#11 Aug 10, 2008
I took them for 18 months and lost 116 pounds.
So, they do work. However, my family doc has stopped prescribing them.
As for plastering a doctors name on the net...
All you are doing is giving a referral for him. It's no guarantee that he will prescribe any med for anyone. You are just giving him more patients and more money! Lol
SLIPKNOT

Bledsoe, KY

#12 Aug 10, 2008
Thanks for the comments and the encouragement!
somebody

Somerset, KY

#14 Aug 11, 2008
if having a problem sleeping on the drug, you can take over the counter vitamin called magnesium. it's a natural muscle relaxer, and will bring on sleep without having to take a PM medicine.
pakennedy

Robbins, TN

#15 Aug 16, 2008
I hear that Dr.Saylor in Mt.Vernon give them out, but I think you have to live in Rockcastle. The doctor that was in Tn. at the little shopping center before you get into downtown Oneida has shut down. He only charged 50.00 for 30 and 80.00 for 60 adipexs. Don't know why he shut down unless he moved somewhere else.
hmm

Monticello, KY

#16 Aug 17, 2008
My cuz went to the weight loss place in winnfield. In a 1 1/2 yrs, he's lost 140lbs. He looks great. uses diet and exercise. He takes the adipex for a week and then skips a day or 2 so it keeps its effectivenes. It is not for everyone, but has been great for him!
info

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#17 Aug 20, 2008
Try Mt. Vernon Weight Loss Center
maybe

Somerset, KY

#18 Feb 19, 2009
do you have to be a certain weight? or does your BMI have to be a certain number?
South Florida

Hollywood, FL

#19 Aug 4, 2009
Does Anyone know of anyone that prescribe them in south Florida area (east coast)?
ashley

London, KY

#20 Aug 4, 2009
here in somerset we have got a pain and weight loss clinic here now in the roses shopping center
Sweet Something

United States

#21 Aug 4, 2009
ashley wrote:
here in somerset we have got a pain and weight loss clinic here now in the roses shopping center
I heard someone mention that the other day.

U know any details about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Right To Work Legislation in Pulaski 17 min Knowitall9 15
~~*last post wins*~~ (Mar '11) 18 min Knowitall9 14,817
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 28 min covcas 23,564
Sully's Restaurant 1 hr wondering 12
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mike Duquette 133,314
Remember old water slide on the hill at th... (Sep '08) 5 hr Mcwhoj 46
Does anyone know anything about the family cour... 5 hr fighting momma 1
new judge steve kelly 6 hr Paul Revere 41
Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST