Bady Dies In Somerset LACK OF SOCIAL ...

Bady Dies In Somerset LACK OF SOCIAL SERVICE

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Somerset Mom

Brownsville, TN

#1 Mar 16, 2011
A very close friend lost their grandduaghter, Social Services had been called in before this happen. Thay believed the morther was not feeding the baby as much as she needed. The baby was 3 months old and looked like a newborn. Social Services Did NOTHING and the baby just died 2 days ago. If Social Services would have done their job, This could have been pervented. Now It Is To Late!!!!!! She was alone 8 months old. WE HAVE A SHITTY SOCIAL SERVICE.
Watcher

Eubank, KY

#2 Mar 16, 2011
This is not an isolated incident. Social Services in PC don't seem to want to get too involved.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4 Mar 17, 2011
Welfare Syndrome = Always blame the system -Sterilize that female immediately -Neglect should be a punishable offense -
angry

Corbin, KY

#5 Mar 17, 2011
we might have some bad mothers but that is where social services is SUPPOSED to step in protect the ones who can't protect themselves. blaming the mothers doesn't excuse social services lack of doing their job. people who need social services brought in on them aren't always on welfare, there are people from all backgrounds who abuse or neglect their children. no matter who is to blame, it is the child that is gone and had nobody there to protect it. and these people get paid to do their job, they aren't volunteers, so they should do it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6 Mar 17, 2011
Social Services didn't lay down with some booger gobbler and create a kid - The "parents ??) made that decision - The parents are responsible , both of them , and they should be prosecuted thru the courts - Even worse , cut off ALL their freebie benefits , today - Why should the system continue to support a bunch of throwbacks , while they breed and starve kids ??-Oh my goodness , have I offended a check getter ?? I sure hope so -
angry

Corbin, KY

#7 Mar 17, 2011
Knowitall9 wrote:
Social Services didn't lay down with some booger gobbler and create a kid - The "parents ??) made that decision - The parents are responsible , both of them , and they should be prosecuted thru the courts - Even worse , cut off ALL their freebie benefits , today - Why should the system continue to support a bunch of throwbacks , while they breed and starve kids ??-Oh my goodness , have I offended a check getter ?? I sure hope so -
i agree with you on all points. and i assure you i am not a check getter, although if i was i wouldn't be ashamed of it, if it was necesarry. all i am saying is, since people aren't responsible and nothing happens the way you think it should, such as making them unable to have children, someone needs to protect these little ones who can't protect themselves. children are the innocent victims in this mess. and once again, it is their job, a job they chose, and although it may not be easy, it is needed and necesarry unfortunatley. sorry to disappoint you but i am not offended in any way, only stating an opinion which you don't agree with. you would have to mean something to me to offend me, i respect your right to express your opinion. When it comes to a child dying, i am very angry, especially when it could be prevented.
Bewildered

Versailles, KY

#8 Mar 17, 2011
You are correct, if someone is paid to do a job then they should do it. However, we as a society have decided that we are not responsible for our providing and taking care of our own childen, so we just lay back, and do nothing and expect the goverment feed, cloth and protect our children. While we sit on our behinds, cooking meth and feeling good. My mom and dad would have kicked my behind and made sure that I took care of my child. They would not have called social services to make their child feed their grandchild. Social services should only be needed for people without a support system, not for people whose support system is also to lazy to support their family.
angry wrote:
we might have some bad mothers but that is where social services is SUPPOSED to step in protect the ones who can't protect themselves. blaming the mothers doesn't excuse social services lack of doing their job. people who need social services brought in on them aren't always on welfare, there are people from all backgrounds who abuse or neglect their children. no matter who is to blame, it is the child that is gone and had nobody there to protect it. and these people get paid to do their job, they aren't volunteers, so they should do it.
angry

Corbin, KY

#9 Mar 17, 2011
Bewildered wrote:
You are correct, if someone is paid to do a job then they should do it. However, we as a society have decided that we are not responsible for our providing and taking care of our own childen, so we just lay back, and do nothing and expect the goverment feed, cloth and protect our children. While we sit on our behinds, cooking meth and feeling good. My mom and dad would have kicked my behind and made sure that I took care of my child. They would not have called social services to make their child feed their grandchild. Social services should only be needed for people without a support system, not for people whose support system is also to lazy to support their family.
<quoted text>
i agree. i wish people would live up to their resonsibilities and take care of their own. but we are living in a different world than i grew up in. as i stated earlier, i just feel horrible for this child. children never deserve that.

Level 8

Location hidden

#10 Mar 17, 2011
angry wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree with you on all points. and i assure you i am not a check getter, although if i was i wouldn't be ashamed of it, if it was necesarry. all i am saying is, since people aren't responsible and nothing happens the way you think it should, such as making them unable to have children, someone needs to protect these little ones who can't protect themselves. children are the innocent victims in this mess. and once again, it is their job, a job they chose, and although it may not be easy, it is needed and necesarry unfortunatley. sorry to disappoint you but i am not offended in any way, only stating an opinion which you don't agree with. you would have to mean something to me to offend me, i respect your right to express your opinion. When it comes to a child dying, i am very angry, especially when it could be prevented.
It really hits home when you-me-somebody , has to dig a childs grave - Been there , done that - All because (possibility), the parent didn't or wouldn't feed a baby - When a kid whimpers in my area , that bottle or sippy cup is ready , immediately -
Anvil Clemens

Brownsville, TN

#11 Mar 17, 2011
Knowitall9 wrote:
Welfare Syndrome = Always blame the system -Sterilize that female immediately -Neglect should be a punishable offense -
I agree
angry

Corbin, KY

#12 Mar 17, 2011
Knowitall9 wrote:
<quoted text>It really hits home when you-me-somebody , has to dig a childs grave - Been there , done that - All because (possibility), the parent didn't or wouldn't feed a baby - When a kid whimpers in my area , that bottle or sippy cup is ready , immediately -
i am with you. and i do understand your point about the parents, they are the problem for sure. and i hope they get what they deserve, bad thing is they probablly won't. poor kids is all i can say.
lessons learned

Houston, AR

#13 Mar 17, 2011
I saw a woman at goodwill and ask her how old her baby was and she told me it was 3 mos. old. My grandson is 3 mos. old and I could not believe this child was the same age, so I ask her again. She said three mos. old again. Being concerned [o.k, nosey] I ask her if this baby was a preemy and she said no it was just small. This baby acted no way like a 3 month old, it lay in it's carseat sleeping like a newborn, could this be the same baby?
lessons learned

Houston, AR

#14 Mar 17, 2011
I cann't imagine what kind of person would not feed their precious baby enough. The first thing when my little grandson wakes up we have a bottle waiting for him. It's like a mother, grandmother or maybe just a female instinct to recognize an infants hungry cry. Feed the baby, change the diaper, keep the baby happy by doing what ever it takes are the rules at our house. The other day my husband, son, and myself all took turns dancing with our little boy in our arms to keep him from crying. I cann't imagine what kind of animal would do this [wait animals take care of their young better than that]. Social services failed this baby, this babies death is in their hands because they did nothing about it.
mmmm

Somerset, KY

#15 Mar 17, 2011
lessons learned wrote:
I saw a woman at goodwill and ask her how old her baby was and she told me it was 3 mos. old. My grandson is 3 mos. old and I could not believe this child was the same age, so I ask her again. She said three mos. old again. Being concerned [o.k, nosey] I ask her if this baby was a preemy and she said no it was just small. This baby acted no way like a 3 month old, it lay in it's carseat sleeping like a newborn, could this be the same baby?
???? Three month olds....Sleep!!??? How does one act? Seriously?
lessons learned

Houston, AR

#16 Mar 17, 2011
Well, this is how our three month old acts and he was born premature, we have to keep him busy every waking moment. He rolls over, he coos, he laughs, he raises his head when he is on his stomach and he is very alert when we go anywhere. He wants to know what is going on around him. This baby had the look of a newborn, not like any three month I had ever seen. He loves his toys that hang overhead and he grabs hold of them and I see him doing new things everyday. This baby was so tiny was what caught my attention.
been there

Fairfield, IA

#17 Mar 17, 2011
Why blame social services they where called you said once.. why didn't the family step in and do something if they where worried? blame the parent who didn't take care of the child..
oreally

Mount Vernon, KY

#18 Mar 17, 2011
Good luck getting SS prosecuted. In Monticello, everyone wanted justice because the 14 year old mother of the two year old who drank Draino was under the care of SS at the time. They were forced to release their documents on the case, but as far as I know, not much else happened.

I seriously don't understand how someone could let a baby starve. It isn't rocket science, you do a schedule at first them feed them when they're hungry. Was this the findings of an autopsy...or what? Has COD been determined? Or are we hanging these parents before the trial?
Watcher

Manchester, KY

#19 Mar 17, 2011
Knowitall9 wrote:
I believe the anger is directed at the idea that social services was called but did nothing . If this child was being neglected and evidence supported that then they should have stepped in.

I knew a minor child that was living in a tool shed during winter. Social service was called then and they did go out.the father (non custodial parent) found this when picking up the child for weekend visitation. Hews told that the shed had a portable heater so nothing was wrong. I took two years of hearings to get this child away from the custodial parent. Thank God nothing happened to this child before they could get her into a proper home.

Yes the parent that allowed the child in the OP should be dealt with accordingly. They are the responsible party here. But the SS dept. is supposed to be the advocate for a child that is in danger. And all too often their inaction can cause a lot of harm...Or worse.
Just a Thought

Bulan, KY

#20 Mar 18, 2011
Knowitall9 wrote:
I don't know if you offended a check getter or not, but you've offended me...No matter who the parents laid down with, no matter who's responsible, no matter who's prosecuted, no matter who gets freebies--an innocent child has died...Social Services is paid to investigate & so they become resposible too, still it doesn't matter, because a child is dead....No reason to be sarcastic, gibe or gleeful, just sad...No matter what the parents did, this child deserved better & if you pay taxes, you are helping pay social services to take care of children, when parents are too sorry, drugged out or unstable or whatever to take care of them themselves....Sad day.
Just a Thought

Bulan, KY

#21 Mar 18, 2011
been there wrote:
Why blame social services they where called you said once.. why didn't the family step in and do something if they where worried? blame the parent who didn't take care of the child..
Why does it matter who you blame? The child is dead, it's too late. Evidently social services had been called by someone that was concerned. Who are you suppose to call? A person can't just take a baby away from unfit parents. You know who would wind up in jail, if you tried to do that. There should be some agency to call for help & social services just plain doesn't help. Who do you call, when you are worried about a child, that isn't your own? I would like to know where a person can get help for an innocent child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 40 min ChromiuMan 167,794
Brian v's mother 55 min Paul Harvey Hungwell 8
John whang got caught 59 min Paul Harvey Hungwell 14
Lift Inc. pros and cons 2 hr John whang 3
I need help with Government service question ASAP 8 hr John whang 12
Kingsford 8 hr John whang 72
Looking for Good Assisted Living Facility in So... 9 hr John whang 2

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages